• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

awaiting an answer?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I believe the way it worked for me was that I was not in the system for NKO until I was available to get my ID. This worked out to be about a month for me after I swore in. To think of it, why would you get into the site when Pro-rec'ed? You are not even in yet. If you are in BDCP or want to be I would say chill out. No need to study quite yet.

pdx

HSM Pilot
After you are selected, there are OCS classes you can complete. When I went through, there were a few trial classes that were suggested before OCS. The plan (then anyway) was to make them mandatory. No idea if that ever panned out.

If you are in BDCP with some time left, don't even let NKO enter your brain. It is pretty much meaningless to you. If you are getting close to OCS, you might want to make sure your recruiter is doing the work to get you in the system so you can do the classes if there are any.

jmiller82

Yeah, I'm pro-rec'd (got a board recommend - which apparently precedes final select?) until further notice, but I was just wondering if I needed to brush up on OCS knowledge or meorization (other than what the OCS site lists). Also, I believe it is mandatory that we receive an NKO account or at least acknowledge they provided it to us.. I guess the rationale behind this is that they want us to be prepared mentally for OCS as well.. Thanks for the clarification, though..

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
HH-60H, no harm intended, and thanks for the "m".. But before you go on correcting everyone (I know we are all guilty), check your own six and make sure everything's clear..

Thanks for the advice, but I am not looking for any, whereas on the other hand you were.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
haha! No worries, man! I was just pulling your chain. BTW where in MD are you from?

No problems here, I generally make comments like that just joking around, but I don't use smileys for it.

I live in Annapolis, but I am originally from California. Are you from up here?

jmiller82

No, my roommate is from Germantown.. I'm originally from FL (Navy brat) and bounced around the world every 2-3 years with PCS's, so oddly enough I'm back here.. Hoping to start OCS in August. Question: What does board recommended mean in terms of the selection process? I've already been pro-rec'd and my processor says that the final select will follow in a few days (guess they have to process orders and such).. Annapolis is a great little town..

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Question: What does board recommended mean in terms of the selection process? I've already been pro-rec'd and my processor says that the final select will follow in a few days (guess they have to process orders and such).

Ooo, I can't help you with that one. The only thing I know about OCS is what I picked up here on AW, not the intricacies.

Annapolis is a great town, my family and I love it. We are going to settle down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.