• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

awaiting an answer?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bing

If anyone else is waiting for an answer from a board, I may have a way to check if you are pro-rec or not.

This will only work for non-active duty people. Try logging onto nko.navy.mil

-try clicking on forgot user name
-then enter all valid info

This is likely to be one of the first things that happens (creating an nko account) when a pro-rec is given.

please respond with your results so others will have feed back.

NavyLonghorn

Greeeeat, another thing to get people to obsess over.

"I don't have an accont yet, does it mean im not in?"

"What % get NKO accounts?"

How bout, just be patient.

Just a thought. I know how exciting it is, and how hard thre wait is, but its all worth it for sure. (or for shizzle.)

pdx

HSM Pilot
Where did you hear this? I'm not saying you are wrong, because things change, but when I applied to OCS, setting up an NKO account was low priority. It was not done until several weeks after final selection.

Unless things have changed (which is possible), your account is set up by a sponsor, not by anybody involved with the selection process.

FlynCharnas

july 20th pilot board

Whats the latest on the july 20th pilot board? Anyone got any news as to how many slots are going to be available? My recruiter told me that there could be something like 24 slots and that there might be a shortage of applicants. Hope this is true. Any info let me know.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
If anyone else is waiting for an answer from a board, I may have a way to check if you are pro-rec or not.

Since you "just figured it out," I suppose this springs directly from your imagination? I doubt creating an NKO account is high on the list of things to do for the Navy in this process, as NavyVance mentioned.

Suppose you haven't received a pro-rec yet. By attempting to gain access to a government website for which you do have authorization you are probably committing a crime of some sort.

bing

"I doubt creating an NKO account is high on the list of things to do for the Navy in this process, as NavyVance mentioned."

"Suppose you haven't received a pro-rec yet. By attempting to gain access to a government website for which you do have authorization you are probably committing a crime of some sort."

OK, you guys are taking this stuff way too seriously.
But first, I doubted the creation of an NKO account as being high on the priority list too. So I talked to a recruiter friend of mine. He stated "it is one the first things we do while processing the paperwork" for officer and enlisted newbies.
As for the "cime of some sort," it is a valid login. One that uses "valid" personal info to access.
I only posted this so people may give it a shot if for nothing else, something to do besides reading posts about their chances from people that have spent negative five months in the military.

have a nice day:)

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
This is straight from the NKO homepage:

This is a Department of Defense Computer System. This computer system, including all related equipment, networks, and network devices, specifically including Internet access, are provided only for authorized U.S. Government use. DoD computer systems may be monitored for all lawful purposes, including to ensure that their use is authorized, for management of the system, to facilitate protection against unauthorized access, and to verify security procedures, survivability, and operational security. Monitoring includes active attacks by authorized DoD entities to test or verify the security of this system. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied and used for authorized purposes. All information, including personal information, placed or sent over this system may be monitored. Use of this DoD computer system, authorized or unauthorized, constitutes consent to monitoring of the system. Unauthorized use may subject you to criminal prosecution. Evidence of unauthorized use collected during monitoring may be used for administrative, criminal, or other adverse action. Use of this system constitutes consent to monitoring for these purposes.

If you have not received a pro-rec any attempt to access the system would likely not be "authorized U.S. government use."

I doubt the Webmaster wants people using his forum to suggest or encourage illegal activity.

Oh, btw, I have been in the Navy a little longer than negative five months.

bing

Oh NO!!!
I accessess NKO prior to a prorec. I think I hear sirrens....
I put in MY SSN.... maybe two people with my SSN and NAME exist.
I hope they don't lock me up and throw away the key?!?!?
Will I have to report this on my EPSQ?

Just so you know, I used to be one of the DOD personell that monitored this type of action. If you enter through the "front door" of the system with "valid" information, what other authorization do you need. Do you have a chit signed by your CO or a security badge to get into your NKO account?
Again, your taking this "way too serious."

And sorry, I am sure you have been in the Navy longer than negative five months. You sound like you have been in at least negative six months or more.

bing

I am not claiming that this is 100% accurate. I don't know why for sure, I just know that I was granted access to nko prior to my pro-rec. So I thought others could check to see too.
As for the legallity of the issue, nothing is wrong with entering your name and SSN into a system.
I did'nt mean for this to create such a debate. I only thought that it may give others something to do/try while waiting for an answer. If it does not work, then so be it. I just thought a people might like to try.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
This is stupid. Why don't you tell all the officers on airwarriors your name so if they ever hear of you they will know you're a moron.

jmiller82

I have a question concerning the NKO.. I've been pro-rec'd and all, but never received an NKO account or even heard mention of it before by the recruiter or processor. Come to think of it, I do remember signing off on some faded, poorly-copied piece of paper stating I had seen NKO guidelines, etc.. Was this my introduction to my NKO account? If so, I have no idea how to get into it.. Any help guys?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I have a question concerning the NKO.. I've been pro-rec'd and all, but never received an NKO account or even heard mention of it before by the recruiter or processor. Come to think of it, I do remember signing off on some faded, poorly-copied piece of paper stating I had seen NKO guidelines, etc.. Was this my introduction to my NKO account? If so, I have no idea how to get into it.. Any help guys?

Are you in OCS yet? I am guessing that one you get in "the system" (DEERS or some other database) you can go to the NKO website and validate yourself as a new user. However, it might require a PKI certificate now or soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.