• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AW laps itself again (C-130/F-16/A-10/CVN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
That's because most Handlers are self-important assholes. Seriously, can we all stop pretending that they have the most stressful job on the ship? God forbid we disturb the delicate genius! :rolleyes:

Brett

one of my all time favorite posts. ever.

busdriver

None
I love the A-10.....it's an aircraft with no future.

Does everything flying need to be LO? An aircraft that can only hope for 250ish knots on a good day? Sounds like an Osprey. How long do you expect to be facing the anti-access problem? Will that double digit threat exist for the entire span of the conflict you're expecting, or will the LO bros be able to knock it down for the rest of us?

How many of our nation's future conflicts do you expect to be of the double digit variety versus the low intensity semi-permissive type?

I don't think the A-10 or any of the non-LO guys are going to be out of a job anytime soon. We're probably not going to get as many LO assets as we'd like and quantity has a quality all its own, we best figure out how to use what we've got in a smart way.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Busdriver as a helo guy, what altitude would you want to be at in a non-permissive environment? What altitude does an A-10 need to be at to be useful?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Max pain achieved. Be glad I didn't ban you.

Take USAF technical questions to BaseOps.net

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I saw some documentary where the handler said "this job is so difficult that they haven't designed a computer that can handle it". Something tells me that was a BS statement seeing as my Android phone can pretty much map the stars, download my work schedule, and play angry birds all at once. I would think a big boy computer could handle figuring out where some planes are on a flight deck and which ones are down for maintenance. Call me superstitious...

Edit: I will admit that it's probably easier doing it the old fashioned way as opposed to trying to enter all that crap into a computer day in and day out.

Google-fu

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2008/09/navy_ouija_090708w/

Search function

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php/144458-No-more-Ouija-Board?highlight=ouija

Status
Not open for further replies.