• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AW laps itself again (C-130/F-16/A-10/CVN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Can we PLEASE add "The Marines should have gotten the A-10" to the list of things that should never be said on this forum?

I'd rather someone ask his chances of getting jets.

I can't wait until the last one is turned into fucking razor blades, just so people stop mentioning it.

You know what else I'd wish the Marines could modify for amphibious operations? Sharks with frickin' laser beams on their heads. It has about the same amount of practicality and likelihood of happening.

FlyingOnFumes

Nobel WAR Prize Aspirant
Why would the A-10 need to be navalized for the Marine Corps when not all Marine Corps fixed wing aircraft went or go to the boat? (OV-10, C-130, etc...)

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
Stop it now before I reach for the BANHAMMER!

Really. I'm not kidding.

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
It wasn't supposed to be. It was an accident. But, deleting the duplicate gave me a chance to show off my mod-fu. Beware of my powers! I'll nunchuk your ass.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Flying toaster, all Marine jets can go to a boat. They don't always go on a boat, but all the money comes through the Navy anyway. As has been nentioned before, an A-10 is great for what we're doing right now, but wouldn't be as useful in a lot of potential situations. I won't elaborate because yodaears is the resident threat counter tactics expert. Dude sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
That M151 Jeep was a helluva ride, too! Way better than those new-fangled humm-vees, or whatever the kids are calling them nowadays!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I still love it when the Handler FREAKS OUT about more than 3 "big wings" on the roof including the CODs at once. On the Ike.

I remember the JFK, we had E-2s, CODs, Tomcats, Hoovs AND Prowlers. The only small planes were the bugz. And it was a smaller deck, yet we somehow made that work.

That's because most Handlers are self-important assholes. Seriously, can we all stop pretending that they have the most stressful job on the ship? God forbid we disturb the delicate genius! :rolleyes:

Brett

jtmedli

pilot
That's because most Handlers are self-important assholes. Seriously, can we all stop pretending that they have the most stressful job on the ship? God forbid we disturb the delicate genius! :rolleyes:

Brett

I saw some documentary where the handler said "this job is so difficult that they haven't designed a computer that can handle it". Something tells me that was a BS statement seeing as my Android phone can pretty much map the stars, download my work schedule, and play angry birds all at once. I would think a big boy computer could handle figuring out where some planes are on a flight deck and which ones are down for maintenance. Call me superstitious...

Edit: I will admit that it's probably easier doing it the old fashioned way as opposed to trying to enter all that crap into a computer day in and day out.

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
If a computer can fly a plane, I'm sure it can come up with a deck configuration.

The "abusing petty officers" algorithm may need work, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.