• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Uniforms and Customs for the new ENS

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dude who blew up the Raceway Gas Station on Barrancas.
Oooh, good one, forgot about that one. And if we're not limiting it to API stashes, there was the guy who tried texting while driving out the gate at Whiting . . . and rear-ended the Wing Safety Officer.
PVC-pipe-wielding Disney World rampage. Now we’re getting it.
Wait, what? When was that?

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
The NFO pipeline looks like this now:

All Primary training is conducted by VT-10.

After Primary, there are two selection choices:

VT-4: P-8, EP-3, E-6, E-2

INT (Intermediate): E/F-18, (INT is conducted at VT-10 in the T-6)

After INT, Strike/Fighter students will go to VT-86 for Advanced.

We do not publish any stats for upcoming slots, and we do not entertain long leaves/extra training to game out selections. Your best bet for getting what you want is to graduate #1.
I was an SNA to SNFO anthro redez and there were about 4 more of us tall bois who all checked in at the same time. We definitely noticed some funny business around the end of primary and we got split up among 3 different selection weeks. All had similar grades, but I maintain it was to spread the platform limitations around. Would have been shitty to have 4-5 people of 10 deadlocked into big wing/E2 of when they still had jet spots to fill. Granted all of us wanted MPRA anyway and thats what we eventually all got.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Never raise your hand for anything except RAM watch. The few times I woke up late for muster, I avoided the awkward auditorium embarresment by waiting outside until everyone was dismissed so I could sneak in amongst the hoard to sign the muster sheet.

Don't be that guy that yells out "DENTAL" to skip watch.

Dontcallmegump

pilot
Never raise your hand for anything except RAM watch. The few times I woke up late for muster, I avoided the awkward auditorium embarresment by waiting outside until everyone was dismissed so I could sneak in amongst the hoard to sign the muster sheet.

Don't be that guy that yells out "DENTAL" to skip watch.

Dental, that's amature. We had a guy try 3 days in a row to claim shit like "Oil Chage" "furniture delivery" "cable set up".

You bet his name was at the top of the list until those shenanigans stopped.

One dude had the gal to yell back "I had it yesterday" in the whiniest tone I imagine any human can make.

He also became a favorite watch stander.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
I was an SNA to SNFO anthro redez and there were about 4 more of us tall bois who all checked in at the same time. We definitely noticed some funny business around the end of primary and we got split up among 3 different selection weeks. All had similar grades, but I maintain it was to spread the platform limitations around. Would have been shitty to have 4-5 people of 10 deadlocked into big wing/E2 of when they still had jet spots to fill. Granted all of us wanted MPRA anyway and thats what we eventually all got.

I can think of several reasons off the top of my head that a class would be split up. Did any of you go med down? Unsat an event? Have to take emergency leave? Any of those happening, especially during academics would easily cause you to roll back a class or two.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
I can think of several reasons off the top of my head that a class would be split up. Did any of you go med down? Unsat an event? Have to take emergency leave? Any of those happening, especially during academics would easily cause you to roll back a class or two.
Nope. We all eventually ended up in the same VT4 and then FRS class as it would happen. We all studied together since we had become friends and thought it was all strange. We could be wrong, but it all seemed too perfect. All in all, whether the front office played the number games or not, I do appreciate them getting nearly everyone (tall or not) in those 3 weeks of selections their first choice.

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
Oooh, good one, forgot about that one. And if we're not limiting it to API stashes, there was the guy who tried texting while driving out the gate at Whiting . . . and rear-ended the Wing Safety Officer.
Wait, what? When was that?

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Nope. We all eventually ended up in the same VT4 and then FRS class as it would happen. We all studied together since we had become friends and thought it was all strange. We could be wrong, but it all seemed too perfect. All in all, whether the front office played the number games or not, I do appreciate them getting nearly everyone (tall or not) in those 3 weeks of selections their first choice.

Glad it worked out.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Learned something new in this thread. This whole time I thought the E-6 TACAMO was four dudes (or ladies) flying around like gangsters in a repurposed Prowler airframe, straight up Danny Glover style.
Two more people got in trouble last year for wearing their jacket shirtless with cowboy hats to Florabama

edit: found it
View attachment 25863
If those were Pop’s Leather instead of Navy issue, would people have cared? (Genuine question)