• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Uniforms and Customs for the new ENS

FinkUFreaky

pilot
Yes, the CNATRA website captures the NFO pipeline pretty well:
View attachment 25849
Admittedly, there was a very recent change to this (ie no PRI-2 anymore, and every stud gets the formation "experience"). So @jollygreen07 's explanation is better than that flowchart.

One thing seems to remain the constant, (almost) nobody wants E-2's on either pilot or FO training (I promise it's not the end of the world, but as a stud I wanted nothing to do with it either)! And surprisingly to me, more FO students still want maritime than tacair even in this generation.

Edit:got beat to the punch

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
That’s because the P-8 (and P-3 before it) revolves around the NFO.

Ha! So true, although the Pilots still refuse to admit it. I'm sure Tailhook life for NFOs is still a lot of fun (and hardwork), but you can be a LTJG TACCO/MC calling the shots for every mission in a P-3/8. I don't think that happens anywhere else.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Shhhh! Whatever you do, don't tell him that we've been using the turbofan powered TH-57. (I fear that the replacement TH-73 will not have one of those.)
Well, to be honest, Big Navy has the same data, even though we all know it's a turboshaft engine...especially anyone that flew or worked on a helicopter.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How did this turn into a NFO slap fight about the best path to ride in the back seat? It could have been a glorious thread of stories of the dumbest things we’ve seen ensigns wear or do.
Bird shooting . . . Lead Ensign . . . Princess Melanie . . . dude waking up nekkid on the BEQ quad.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
So without violating national security and all that...and hoping not to read 42%...how many guys actually ask to go to E-6’s? I went to OU for my master’s degree and I happen to know their isn’t any ocean near Tinker AFB!

I don’t see a lot of interest at the Primary level, but I guess they convince a few every year over at VT-4.