• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Uniforms and Customs for the new ENS

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Why don't the Blue angels wear gold lined American flags? I thought the general gist was enlisted aircrew up to E6 wore white lined flags and chiefs-officers wore gold?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why don't the Blue angels wear gold lined American flags? I thought the general gist was enlisted aircrew up to E6 wore white lined flags and chiefs-officers wore gold?
Hum. Never heard that, though it makes some sense. As I posted above, flight suits and especially jackets were a roll your own sort of affair up until their wear was authorized through the gate and for stops in town. I personally had both white and gold trimmed shoulder patch flags.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I don't think that's written anywhere. I seem to recall that in API/VT-3 the USAF liked the white bordered ones and the USN the gold.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
The API gouge used to be that the gold lined shoulder flags were only if you had combat time.

Whoever the supertroll was who started that rumor, I would love to buy him or her a beer.