• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Supply

Renegade One

None
Not so fast…there are still NASOs, as well as their counterparts in the surface, sub and expeditionary warfare communities. Basically, become a Supply Corps Officer, then have a "significant tour" in an aviation environment (CV/LHA come to mind…I'm sure there are others), and do the PQS or whatever quals there are. But I do think it's a "officer warfare specialty qualification badge"…not a wholly separate designator or career field.

N4Life

Renegade is correct. It's not a separate field in Supply, its proof of significant experience and knowledge. I will add that although CVN/Big Decks are the biggest source, you can earn it at a few squadrons, ASD's, various wings, and I believe as few bases as the supply officers.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
A good friend of mine did a shore duty assignment as a SUPPO at a Naval Station. Also, on my summer cruise the SUPPO of the helicopter squadron was an O-3 SUPPO as well. Most first tour Supply Corps assignments will be with a ship or submarine but after that there's opportunities to serve with an aviation command.

haimehhh

Any update

Plenty of Aviation Supply opportunities exist. A friend of mine is going to S-6A (aviation supply) as an Ensign straight out of Supply School. Granted, he was a prior LS1 and it was a hotfill billet, but regardless they are out there (though typically Supply officers will have a chance to earn the NASO by their 2nd or third operational tours)