• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Automatic Ding from

IBvsSNA

Was reading on here that they don't care about weed, my friends they do. Don't ever think they won't find out.

There was a guy at OCS while I was there who lied on his espq and to the doc about past weed smoking, said he never had touched the stuff. Well some friends of friends of friends got called thru the espq and viola, they came to him 2 days before graduation and asked him again "did you smoke week, you can be honest because we just need to know" he said no, they gave him a polygraph, he got busted and got sent home. I felt so bad for him because he was such a good nuke candidate, except for the lying of course. Too bad.

What tipped them off that he was lying? How do they decide who to give polygraphs to?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the info BigIron, it looks like I have to be free of meds for 12 months before they'll accept me. I stopped taking my adderall the same day I looked at the waiver guide, so it'll be at least 12 months (-one week) till I'll get in.

Is your Dr aware of this?

The Stoic

AEROMEDICAL CONCERNS: There is a risk that a person may make an attempt which would compromise the safety of others (pilots sometimes use their aircraft as the instrument of suicide).

IBvsSNA

AEROMEDICAL CONCERNS: There is a risk that a person may make an attempt which would compromise the safety of others (pilots sometimes use their aircraft as the instrument of suicide).

Does it matter that Adderall is used to treat ADD, not depression, and that I have never struggled with depression or anything related my entire life?

olpa9901

Been there, (PNS) Done that.
What tipped them off that he was lying? How do they decide who to give polygraphs to?

What he told me (we were in H together) was during his last couple weeks at OCS, they did the background check, and they called friends of friends he listed who knew him and they spilled the beans so to speak.

He was an awesome guy, one that definitely the navy would've benefited from, but lying is lying.

IBvsSNA

What he told me (we were in H together) was during his last couple weeks at OCS, they did the background check, and they called friends of friends

wow, they waited until the last week of ocs to do the background check? you'd think that they would finish the check before sending someone to ocs. also, if he had come clean when they tried to get him to confess, would have they allowed him to stay?

olpa9901

Been there, (PNS) Done that.
wow, they waited until the last week of ocs to do the background check? you'd think that they would finish the check before sending someone to ocs. also, if he had come clean when they tried to get him to confess, would have they allowed him to stay?

He thought so. By way of comparason, my background check and clearance wasn't issued until well after my 15th week.

IBvsSNA

He thought so. By way of comparason, my background check and clearance wasn't issued until well after my 15th week.

Wow, that seems unbelievable. You'd think they would finish the check before wasting $$$ on training someone for 15 weeks before giving them the boot. Maybe such a low percentage of people don't make it through the check that it is still economically advantageous to take their time. That fact definitely is a great reason not to lie on the application though, getting kicked out after finishing OCS would suck balls.