• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Authentic eating options in SoCal vs Taco Bell (and In n Out)

phrogpilot73

Only minor style points lost for not adding, "...with cheese, animal style." Then again, you might have been crazed by hunger and unable to get the words out at the time.
At the time, I was a newbie from P-Cola so only knew that a double double was delicious. I learned about animal style later - and ordered that exclusively when I was refreshing in the FRS. Maybe there's a secret about double double with cheese? Is that four slices of cheese??

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
How did we get from NWU's to flight suits to Taco Bell to Double-Doubles? What a long strange trip (or thread) this has been...

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Get out of town. Man, the Navy is so much better than the Army...

And a whole helluva lot better than most Air Farce fare. I've been to quite a few AF bases and they all have the same thing: Popeyes, charlies, manchu wok, Robin Hood (shitty sandwich place) and Anthonys pizza.... Blegh....

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Only a double-double?

I had 2 6x6s. And Animal fries.

And THEN I WENT TO RUBIOS.

(yeah, I eat a LOT)

I've heard that they won't go higher than a 4x4 nowadays; is there any truth to this? It might just be the local In-N-Out in my old neighborhood back in LA, though. Back in the day, when I was playing HS football, my standard order was a 4x4 animal style, animal style fries, and a neapolitan milkshake.

How I miss In-N-Out; Five Guys just isn't a good replacement. :(

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Roberto's is the cat's pajamas. Their carne asada burrito is absurdly good (~1lb of just steak and guac). So good.

Ate many of those on a hot pump sitting in the jet at the octagon at Miramar to out to 291 again. Picked up in the morning and sitting in a nav bag for a couple hours did them no harm. :)

MasterBates

Dude, I'm jonesing for In-N-Out.

Have not had any since HOOK last year. About the only reason I'm not totally pissed about going to Fallon.

KBayDog

midnjac: In case it hasn't been made abundantly clear, you need to take advantage of the culinary opportunities you currently have while stationed at Ospreytown, USA. Many of us, particularly those of us in the Dirty South, do not have access to the cornucopia of deliciousness that is within crawling distance of you right now.