• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2016 SUPPLY CORPS BOARD

exNavyOffRec

I understand but if he didn't submit my packet why wouldn't he just tell me so? And if my packet were completed, which it is, why wouldn't he submit it after telling me he did?

It could be something simple such as NRC sent it back for corrections and it just didn't get fixed and he just doesn't want to look bad, who knows but you should get to the bottom of it. RUFIO may have better insight.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
There's a possibility the kit was sent to CIRIMS instead of PRIDEMOD II (the new system for uploading and sending kits), or simple due negligence.

NMG1201

I have to reapply for the February board. My recruiter told me I'd have to write a whole new motivational statement - is this really necessary? I put a lot of effort into my statement and can't really think of anything else to write. Maybe I should get involved in more activities to add to it? I was just wondering if anyone else had to re-do their statement.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I have to reapply for the February board. My recruiter told me I'd have to write a whole new motivational statement - is this really necessary? I put a lot of effort into my statement and can't really think of anything else to write. Maybe I should get involved in more activities to add to it? I was just wondering if anyone else had to re-do their statement.

Do you want to be an officer or what?

NMG1201

Of course I do. It's just that in my first statement I gave my reasons for wanting to be an officer (which haven't changed) and I wrote about my accomplishments, experiences, etc. (which also have not changed). I guess I'm just having trouble figuring out what more to write/how I should word everything differently. I guess I better get to editing.

exNavyOffRec

Of course I do. It's just that in my first statement I gave my reasons for wanting to be an officer (which haven't changed) and I wrote about my accomplishments, experiences, etc. (which also have not changed). I guess I'm just having trouble figuring out what more to write/how I should word everything differently. I guess I better get to editing.

Well, you may have thought it was a good motivational statement but it didn't get you selected did it? That is if they read it, if you get to that point.

You essentially have to redo the entire application, and unless you have some significant changes like additional college it will be hard to get picked up after getting turned down once.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Also, looking at your profile your OAR score is dragging you down. I would highly advise to retake and aim for at least 5-10+ points.

Any reason why you're only applying for supply? If your overall goal is to be an officer consider SWO as a second choice.

greenbacks911

@Chop07 ,

Do you happen to have the statistics in a similar format that you posted in the May 2016 thread, broken down by total applicants, fleet applicants, and selection %s?

All,

Recognizing that the minimum amount of interviewer appraisals is three, is there an unofficial max? Say I submit with seven interview appraisals, would it be recommended to whittle it down to the top five? (I feel like I may be overthinking this, any feedback is appreciated.)

JC Chambers

GPA isn't bad, relevant degree, you graduated back in 2010 so maybe age issue? when do you turn 29?
i just turned 28. I was able to get some information...I never did an interview with a Supply Officer, which I thought was odd. I am no longer working with that NRD. But since I was not selected, I have to wait 6 months before I am eligible for another Supply board. That puts me 2 months away from my 29th birthday. Working with a new NRD and a new direction, possibly SWO or INTEL.