• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2016 SUPPLY CORPS BOARD

cthrasher

A person generally needs a pretty good GPA to get picked up Supply, the further from 3.5 you get the less chance you have, Supply has a low selection rate.

What would you recommend I do to offset the low GPA? I am enrolled in a master's program to get a GPA that can replace my one from college (received degree before joining the Navy and I wasn't quite on top of my game then). I also have a 56 on my OAR, cocktail of awards from my time in the Navy, and 10/10 interviews. Would completing my master's with a higher GPA give me better chances?

exNavyOffRec

What would you recommend I do to offset the low GPA? I am enrolled in a master's program to get a GPA that can replace my one from college (received degree before joining the Navy and I wasn't quite on top of my game then). I also have a 56 on my OAR, cocktail of awards from my time in the Navy, and 10/10 interviews. Would completing my master's with a higher GPA give me better chances?

well it depends how low we are taking, a Master's doesn't increase the overall GPA that much, for instance a person that has a 3.0 BA then gets a 3.5 for their MA will only have a combined GPA of 3.16, now a person with a 3.0 BA that gets a 3.5 MA will be noticed more than a person that has a 2.5 BA and 3.0 MA

cthrasher

well it depends how low we are taking, a Master's doesn't increase the overall GPA that much, for instance a person that has a 3.0 BA then gets a 3.5 for their MA will only have a combined GPA of 3.16, now a person with a 3.0 BA that gets a 3.5 MA will be noticed more than a person that has a 2.5 BA and 3.0 MA
I see. Thanks for the info. My GPA was a 2.6 in college, so my hopes this time around weren't too high (I applied and was rolled from the May board shuffle). That is why I came in to the Navy enlisted vs. commissioned in the beginning. Now that the GPA requirement has been raised, I have no choice but to get my Masters and try again. I suppose I will just keep adding education between attempts at a commission until I reach the cut-off age (I have a few years still). Otherwise I may look into another community or change my goals. Hopefully, that will be a last resort though as I feel very determined about making it into the Supply Corps. Thanks again for the counsel.

exNavyOffRec

I see. Thanks for the info. My GPA was a 2.6 in college, so my hopes this time around weren't too high (I applied and was rolled from the May board shuffle). That is why I came in to the Navy enlisted vs. commissioned in the beginning. Now that the GPA requirement has been raised, I have no choice but to get my Masters and try again. I suppose I will just keep adding education between attempts at a commission until I reach the cut-off age (I have a few years still). Otherwise I may look into another community or change my goals. Hopefully, that will be a last resort though as I feel very determined about making it into the Supply Corps. Thanks again for the counsel.

The 2.8 minimum is going to take some time to get past, even then it will be hard, getting a 4.0 in your masters will just get you above a 3.0, how much of your Masters have you done? Supply is very difficult to get into, you essentially have to be better than 80% of the people applying, on a good board, unfortunately one of the first things noticed is GPA.

The other designators that are non aviation either have a 2.8 min or they are so competitive that the average GPA to get picked up is in the mid 3's

If you want to go for the long game look at LDO and what you need to do to get picked up.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I second LDO/CWO options if possible. It's going to be difficult overcoming the 2.8 barrier with how many credits you have under your belt.

Chin

I begin to think that my package didn't make it to the August board. Because I don't see any results update on my BOL. Any comments ?

exNavyOffRec

I begin to think that my package didn't make it to the August board. Because I don't see any results update on my BOL. Any comments ?

Sometimes BOL updates the Y's first then the N's, or they just missed your application, it looks like you have a good application though if I read the past info right.

Chin

Sometimes BOL updates the Y's first then the N's, or they just missed your application, it looks like you have a good application though if I read the past info right.
Well, some folks in this thread already received Y and N on BOL. I had the CNRC help desk comfirmed my application made to the board for August. At least nothing heard is still better than pro rec N. Lol.

exNavyOffRec

Well, some folks in this thread already received Y and N on BOL. I had the CNRC help desk comfirmed my application made to the board for August. At least nothing heard is still better than pro rec N. Lol.

Correct, but sometimes they put the N's in as they have time, so not all may be loaded in yet, your GPA had to get you noticed though, unless there was something in your background that concerned them I would think you would have had a better than average shot. Did you get any feedback from your interviews?

Chin

Correct, but sometimes they put the N's in as they have time, so not all may be loaded in yet, your GPA had to get you noticed though, unless there was something in your background that concerned them I would think you would have had a better than average shot. Did you get any feedback from your interviews?
All of my interviews were great and positive. I mixed in an O6 SWO interview and two O5 SUPPO. It's my second try. It's really competitive so I'll just expect to take a few more shots and improve in every category to increase my chance. My weakness is my degree isn't business related but I started MBA after the last submission to get better.

Cadi335

Your command will have access to all boards. Check who has command-view access (e.g. triad, ccc, admin O) and they will see the board results. If your name is not on there that means it wasn't considered.