• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2015 Supply Board

exNavyOffRec

I received a Pro Rec Y from the 24 August Supply Board. :)

I have a few questions that I am in hopes that someone can answer for me.

I am Enlisted and am close to 10 years Active Duty Navy. I have a huge question that I cant seem to find the answer to. I planned to re-enlist on October 29th for 6 years to receive a bonus before I hit zone C. Zone B is currently at 2.0 and I think the bonus is near 43k ish.

I remember reading back in July before I even submitted my package that if I re-enlist before I get the FINSEL, that I would receive the initial 50% and would not receive any of the installments.

Well, I just talked to my NC who isn't really the greatest, and she said that I wont get anything at all and/or that I would have to pay it all back if I re-enlist now. I explained to her that I have not been officially selected yet. Even though my re-enlistment has been planned for October for a while now, I don't see why I wouldn't get the bonus if I could make it into the window to re-enlist before I get the FINSEL from my Chain of Command. I think that she is completely incorrect, I just cant seem to remember where I found my information, it was back in July when I was initially looking into it.

Is there anything that would keep me from re-enlisting now that I have my Pro Rec Y from the Supply Board? My command has NOT been notified and I haven't received a FINSEL, so I don't see why I wouldn't be able to re-enlist. I feel that I should be able to continue moving forward with my re-enlistment since I haven't been officially selected (FINSEL) yet. I just hope that I can re-enlist before the FINSEL if I get one. I am just getting concerned because I keep getting told that now that I am aware that I got the Pro Rec Y that I cant re-enlist because I already know that I "am selected" or if I do re-enlist now that I am aware of the Pro Rec Y, that I will have to pay the bonus back no matter what. It's like no one wants to fight for me because I am "going to the dark side". ;)

Final question I promise! No one can seem to answer it for me. Supply Officer was my first choice. Since I got the Pro Rec Y here, I was wondering if this meant my package stopped here, or will it continue on to the NFO and Ocean O boards that I also put on my application? Any and all help or advice on my situation would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry for the long drawn out post. I just wanted to explain my situation thoroughly enough to where it wasn't too confusing.

Thank you,
KAT_AWO

SRB's are a bit tricky, having been through the CCC school I believe she is correct, you are in limbo as you are pro Y but not FINSEL, so they need to wait until it is decided what you want to do, go officer or stay enlisted.

KAT_AWO

Thanks for the response NavyOffRec.

If I want to go Officer and accept the Pro Y from the Supply Board to speed up my FINSEL process, how would I go about doing that? Supply was my first choice, so instead of waiting around for the other boards to convene, I'd love to jump on the opportunity to get things moving faster and leave sooner if possible? I don't have an OR since I am currently active duty, so I don't really know who to ask.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the response NavyOffRec.

If I want to go Officer and accept the Pro Y from the Supply Board to speed up my FINSEL process, how would I go about doing that? Supply was my first choice, so instead of waiting around for the other boards to convene, I'd love to jump on the opportunity to get things moving faster and leave sooner if possible? I don't have an OR since I am currently active duty, so I don't really know who to ask.

If supply was your first choice and the other boards haven't started, which they have, you would automatically be processed for FINSEL, but FINSEL's are generally only issued a few months before going to OCS, you could be waiting for just a short time or many months, you are at the needs of the USN.

KAT_AWO

I hear that Ocean O starts on Monday the 21st and NFO is not until October. I also read somewhere that since Supply was my first choice, my package will not proceed to any of the other boards, that I have to wait for the FINSEL since I got my first choice. Time for me to "hurry up and wait." :)

I finally found an answer for my previous question. It looks like I will remain in a pending status until the FINSEL comes out, so I am currently ineligible to re-enlist. If I had re-enlisted before application submission and received an SRB already then the 50% rules would take affect where I would have been able to keep the SRB.

Thanks for all the help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-18-15-25-29 (2).png
    Screenshot_2015-09-18-15-25-29 (2).png
    537.3 KB · Views: 17

Knightsnation

Knightsnation
Is anyone else from this Supply board attending the March 27th OCS class? That's the date I've received for my final select letter.

SRGWML

Is anyone else from this Supply board attending the March 27th OCS class? That's the date I've received for my final select letter.

Last word from recruiter the date he saw was April 17 for me... No final letteryet. This was scroll list and something else he read.

Knightsnation

Knightsnation
Last word from recruiter the date he saw was April 17 for me... No final letteryet. This was scroll list and something else he read.
I feel like I'm the only person on this website with my OCS date. That sucks that you still don't have a final select letter yet. I was actually about to leave for the Nov 29th class, however, my recruiter recruiter messed something up so now my date is March.

SWOMan

There hasn't been a new post made yet.... when is the next supply board supposed to meet? My chances aren't great because I have it listed as my 4th designation, but i'm curious if it is going to meet before SWO and Aviation

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
There hasn't been a new post made yet.... when is the next supply board supposed to meet? My chances aren't great because I have it listed as my 4th designation, but i'm curious if it is going to meet before SWO and Aviation

I'm almost certain your supply package won't even be reviewed unless it's a third or better choice. Also for board schedule if you take a quick search you'll find the link to it.

exNavyOffRec

I'm almost certain your supply package won't even be reviewed unless it's a third or better choice. Also for board schedule if you take a quick search you'll find the link to it.
+1 I myself never saw anyone picked for supply that didn't put it 1 or 2