• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2015 Supply Board

Moderboater

New to AW!! I've been a visitor on this site for quite some time now and decided it was time to join up. I plan on having my kit in for this August Supply board as my #1 and only choice. I am getting pretty old so I'll only have 3 board looks and have to get selected for FY 16. Now that we are in the time frame for submissions for this board I was looking forward to seeing who else might be applying. Still a ways out and I still have to do my interviews but well see what happens.

exNavyOffRec

New to AW!! I've been a visitor on this site for quite some time now and decided it was time to join up. I plan on having my kit in for this August Supply board as my #1 and only choice. I am getting pretty old so I'll only have 3 board looks and have to get selected for FY 16. Now that we are in the time frame for submissions for this board I was looking forward to seeing who else might be applying. Still a ways out and I still have to do my interviews but well see what happens.

Good GPA, when do you turn 31? They have already made selections for FY 16, those guys start going to OCS July 26th

D317J192

I plan on submitting a package as well for the August Supply board. I don't have my stats listed in my profile but:

B.S. Accounting and Supply Chain Management 3.0 GPA
OAR 52
Procurement internship with an engineering company
Good luck to everyone!

Moderboater

Unfortunately, there is a lot that I need to be doing right now. As much as I want a commission I'm getting too close to the age limit to put all my eggs in one basket. I have to be proactive in seeking jobs in the civilian workforce in case this doesn't work out. I also don't want to get myself too excited. I have a history of getting let down.

Moderboater

So you need to be in OCS by June 2016, and ideally selected by Feb/Mar 2016, if you don't get picked up on the first try I would add SWO to your list.
That's pretty much my plan however, I know quite a few SWO and they all hate their lives so its something I'm going to have to think long and hard about. 20% is about the average as of late, just was hoping it wasn't all locked up with boards getting pushed and whatnot. Anything can happen though I guess.

exNavyOffRec

That's pretty much my plan however, I know quite a few SWO and they all hate their lives so its something I'm going to have to think long and hard about. 20% is about the average as of late, just was hoping it wasn't all locked up with boards getting pushed and whatnot. Anything can happen though I guess.

I have seen Supply officers that hated their jobs too, there are many more SWO's so you see and hear more about it, I have seen a CO who had an "ice cream stash" on deployment, any of a certain type was not to be given out to the crew, exclusively reserved for him and his guest, the same CO yelled at a LCDR in supply because that specific type of ice cream didn't arrive during unrep because it wasn't available, yet somehow it was the LCDR's fault.

You just never know what your CO will be like.

Moderboater

I have seen Supply officers that hated their jobs too, there are many more SWO's so you see and hear more about it, I have seen a CO who had an "ice cream stash" on deployment, any of a certain type was not to be given out to the crew, exclusively reserved for him and his guest, the same CO yelled at a LCDR in supply because that specific type of ice cream didn't arrive during unrep because it wasn't available, yet somehow it was the LCDR's fault.

You just never know what your CO will be like.

True, True! I always recommended calling around within the command before choosing orders. You can't trust one person's opinion but if many people feel the same way you could spot a trend. One of the many reasons that I want to be an Officer is because I think you have the ability to alter a command's climate unlike a junior enlisted would.

RobertIII

Good GPA, when do you turn 31? They have already made selections for FY 16, those guys start going to OCS July 26th

When you say they have already made selections for FY 16, do you mean the SWO for May convened already? I only ask because my OR said my OCS class would start JUly 26th if I made this board.

exNavyOffRec

When you say they have already made selections for FY 16, do you mean the SWO for May convened already? I only ask because my OR said my OCS class would start JUly 26th if I made this board.

In general they start making selections for the next FY in April, but sometimes they are earlier, people on here are getting OCS dates in late July and later for all designators, those are FY 16 selections.

Given how long things take, it would be a possible for some to get OCS date in July, but not probable, most likely that class would be filled by then.