• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2014 SWO Rolling Boards

exNavyOffRec

+1 on what @BusyBee604 said. I know you specifically mentioned SWO and I haven't been lurking long enough to give a detailed answer specific to SWO. I defer to @RUFiO181's post in regard to what he saw as competitive scores.
http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/what-nrc-considers-competitive.41212/

I take those with a grain of salt, those are essentially the same numbers they have put out for years, even when people weren't getting picked with 6's for PFAR and FOFAR so I asked how can that be a competitive profile when a 6 isn't good enough, or when I had one of 2 people picked for EOD one year and what they said was the competitive profile for EOD was a GPA or like 3.2 and my guy had a 3.8 and I know the other guy had a GPA over 3.5 so I don't know how accurate some of this actually is, of course the kicker was the competitive profile sheet I rec'd in OR school was the exact same as the ones I rec'd each subsequent year.

hallissyc

Quality threshold is one of those things that allows for a recruiter to get credit for the applicant upon submission, NFO looks at FOFAR which I always liked to see at 7 or above, the big things for IDC are degree, GPA, and a big plus is prior service.

I have seen many with outstanding GPA's and low OAR's get picked, and many with high OAR but low GPA get pushed aside, now high GPA and high OAR is a perfect combo, kind of like a really hot woman that is also smart, I still need to get me one of those :D

I agree with you, and I am sure none of it is an exact science. When I made Chief, everyone told me that LPO at Sea was the "go/no-go" for a board but I never had it documented. I made it regardless. Just goes to show you that these boards look at the whole Sailor/person and not just one aspect.

exNavyOffRec

I agree with you, and I am sure none of it is an exact science. When I made Chief, everyone told me that LPO at Sea was the "go/no-go" for a board but I never had it documented.

I have known many that were never an LPO at sea and still made it, each rate is different, I had a career similar to others but they were a different rate, many are now Master Chiefs, I was stuck at Chief.

Just goes to show you that these boards look at the whole Sailor/person and not just one aspect.

It depends on the designator, for aviation you can be the most well rounded person, but if your PFAR sucks you will more than likely be a pro N.

Looking at your info I would have expected someone like you to have a good shot.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I take those with a grain of salt, those are essentially the same numbers they have put out for years, even when people weren't getting picked with 6's for PFAR and FOFAR so I asked how can that be a competitive profile when a 6 isn't good enough, or when I had one of 2 people picked for EOD one year and what they said was the competitive profile for EOD was a GPA or like 3.2 and my guy had a 3.8 and I know the other guy had a GPA over 3.5 so I don't know how accurate some of this actually is, of course the kicker was the competitive profile sheet I rec'd in OR school was the exact same as the ones I rec'd each subsequent year.

The SWO stats (3.0 GPA, 48 OAR) came out earlier this year and have been true to it's word thus far. But agreed with other programs like IDC which don't give much clarification.

exNavyOffRec

The SWO stats (3.0 GPA, 48 OAR) came out earlier this year and have been true to it's word thus far. But agreed with other programs like IDC which don't give much clarification.

This is very close to what I was given in email form in April/May 2012, it was right before I left and I believe was close if not the same to what rec'd before, except this email just included URL stats. The others were all in a spreadsheet. There was a note associated with it saying NRD's were to try and hold FRB for those that did not meet that profile.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Well I'm proof that the whole person concept doesn't exactly apply. Granted when my kit made it to board for SNA is was the last board of FY14 and it was pretty brutal. 30% pilot, 34%(ish) for NFO, I think.

Hmm seems like it is time for a new thread. To the October boards!