• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2014 SWO Rolling Boards

AE2ENSIGN

Hey guys,

I figured I would go ahead and kick off this thread for the upcoming SWO Board in August. Feel free to post your statistics and discuss whatever you like on this forum for the upcoming board. I wish everyone good luck!!!

29 yr Male E-6 ( 5 years active, 5 years selective reserve total service time 10yrs)
Applying for SWO/ INTEL/ AMDO (in that order)
4 LORs- Retired SWO O-6, Retired Navy Doctor O-5, Separated O-2 that handles Naval Academy candidates for Southern California, College Mathematics Professor
3 Interviews- O-4 SWO got a 9 on the interview, O-5 INTEL got a 10 on the interview, O-4 AMDO got a 10 on the interview.
Major: B.A in Political Science 3.94 GPA , Summa Cum Laude
46 ASTB
Evals: MP, MP, EP, P (because of being a newly capped first class).
Collateral Duties: Command Fitness Leader, LPO for two work center divisions, Plane Captain Qualified.
Awards: NAM, JSOY resulting in CAP to E-6, JSOQ, Reserve Meritorious Good Conduct, Active Navy Good Conduct Medal, EAWS Qualified.
Secret Clearance still current
Submitted Package: June 2014
Pro-Rec: ?????
FS: ?????
OCS: ?????

AE2ENSIGN

NOPO put out that the best SWO board won't take place until October at the very least

Sir, i'm a little confused. are you saying that the next SWO board won't be held until October? If so, what happens to the fleet applicants who have submitted their medical paperwork that is only good for 90 days. Is our medical paperwork still valid, or do we need to send in new applications?

binoly

Sir, i'm a little confused. are you saying that the next SWO board won't be held until October? If so, what happens to the fleet applicants who have submitted their medical paperwork that is only good for 90 days. Is our medical paperwork still valid, or do we need to send in new applications?
I'm in the same boat as you then. I submitted my application on June 5th and just barely missed the board on the 9th. This waiting game is killing me. I did not see the info from NOPO about there not being a SWO board until October, but Rufio is very reputable around here so unfortunately for us, that is likely what is going to happen. I'm still hoping and praying for an earlier board though because I hit the max age next June.

AE2ENSIGN

I'm in the same boat as you then. I submitted my application on June 5th and just barely missed the board on the 9th. This waiting game is killing me. I did not see the info from NOPO about there not being a SWO board until October, but Rufio is very reputable around here so unfortunately for us, that is likely what is going to happen. I'm still hoping and praying for an earlier board though because I hit the max age next June.
Yes, you are literally in the same boat as me. haha. I submitted in Mid-June. I did not see the info either that the SWO boards are not being conducted till October, so i'm not sure whats happening. I will also age out by next june as well. Hopefully, they conduct the board by Mid september, otherwise my medical form 2807-1 will have to be redone, sense its technically only valid for 90 days.

binoly

Yes, you are literally in the same boat as me. haha. I submitted in Mid-June. I did not see the info either that the SWO boards are not being conducted till October, so i'm not sure whats happening. I will also age out by next june as well. Hopefully, they conduct the board by Mid september, otherwise my medical form 2807-1 will have to be redone, sense its technically only valid for 90 days.
I'm not entirely sure if we will have to redo the form. I'm hoping that it has to be submitted within 90 days for validation. I just emailed the fleet processors to try to get some more information. If I get any I'll share it.

AE2ENSIGN

I'm not entirely sure if we will have to redo the form. I'm hoping that it has to be submitted within 90 days for validation. I just emailed the fleet processors to try to get some more information. If I get any I'll share it.
I'm not too sure about the time period either. I also just emailed the fleet OCS processor to see if I can get some new information as well. I'll post the results on here, if I hear something new.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
"As the SWO boards are rolling boards, the next one will occur within the next 90-120 days, if not sooner. With both Regions and MANY of the NRDs have attained their FY14 SWO application goal, we should hope to see a significant decrease in the volume of SWO applications for the remainder of the FY as NRDs redirect their resources to other mission areas and hold onto any AC SWO application until after 01Oct14." - NOPO GRAM

With the last SWO board in June, add 90-120 days and that places us around September/October. NRC has so many selectees to place OCS spots that I don't foresee them having a board in the near future.

binoly

"As the SWO boards are rolling boards, the next one will occur within the next 90-120 days, if not sooner. With both Regions and MANY of the NRDs have attained their FY14 SWO application goal, we should hope to see a significant decrease in the volume of SWO applications for the remainder of the FY as NRDs redirect their resources to other mission areas and hold onto any AC SWO application until after 01Oct14." - NOPO GRAM

With the last SWO board in June, add 90-120 days and that places us around September/October. NRC has so many selectees to place OCS spots that I don't foresee them having a board in the near future.
Thank you for that info although it's not great news for me. Do you know what impact that will have on those of us that submitted our kits in June and missed the June 9th board other than increased waiting? Do you know if we will have to redo the medical forms? I sent that question th fleet processing but haven't heard back yet.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Thank you for that info although it's not great news for me. Do you know what impact that will have on those of us that submitted our kits in June and missed the June 9th board other than increased waiting? Do you know if we will have to redo the medical forms? I sent that question th fleet processing but haven't heard back yet.

Your fleet processor should have submitted the medical forms to receive your N3M letter. N3M letters are good for 2 years from the date you completed your physical.

binoly

Thanks for that. I'll give him some more time to get back to me then. Now I've got to figure out how to remain patient for the next few months.

binoly

Today has been interesting. I got the following reply from fleet processing today, "
I am hearing that at the end of July, 2014 there will be a SWO board. Keep in mind it can be moved forward if the board members are waiting on a certain number of OCS applications prior to holding a board. Keep flexible. The board results will be posted to BUPER BOL soon after the board results are returned to Navy Recruiting Command."

I am fully aware and have seen it written on this forum and others several times that fleet processors and NOPO are often on different sheets of music, and that fleet processing will not know when a board is going to convene until NOPO tells them. While I hope and pray that a board would happen "at the end of July, 2014" based on NOPO's most recent post (link below) that is likely not going to be the case. Good luck to everyone. Worse case scenario we will have a board in early October. That is going to be what I will consider the next board and if a board happens to convene before then I will consider it a blessing.
http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/national-opo-blog.41711/page-29#post-785895