• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

exNavyOffRec

Thanks guys. My new recruiter in NRD New England is pretty convinced that I'm just a 2012 alternate not a 2013 select and the recruiter in NRD San Francisco wanted me to call him back next week. I'm hoping that the new guy is misinformed, but for now, I guess I'll just have to wait until next week.

I did some digging and it looks like I was confused, the April board I was told was the first board where they did FY12 alt/FY13 select, prior to that it was select list and alt list, no either or type deal, if the alt were not moved up then they turn into pumpkins and have to reapply, my guess is that you were #5 of 7 alternates, then the April board happened and just made everything worse because they picked FY12 selects and FY12 alt/FY13 selects, the problem was all the FY12 spots were filled already, but if someone was to drop off the April boards FY12 select trumps the August board FY12 alternate because no matter the board a select will take precendence over an alternate.

In looking at what your original recruiter did I really can't see a fault, he made sure everything was ready if you were moved up, none of us thought the April board would select without regard to current billets available so can't fault him there. The only thing I can see is he should have arranged for you to apply to another designator once the April results came out, but I don't know if he was still there or not, or if there would have been enough info to get moving in that direction.

In order to verify I would have him get a copy of the board results, the pdf copy, but I was told there were no selections done for FY13 on the August board, only FY12.

The hard part is the system you were submitted under is gone, that system would have the board results as well, so he will have to request a copy direct from CNRC.

NavyOffRec, does this mean I should be immediately calling my OR? If this applies to me, as it sounds like it might, it flies directly in the face of everything I have been hearing for a year.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec, does this mean I should be immediately calling my OR? If this applies to me, as it sounds like it might, it flies directly in the face of everything I have been hearing for a year.

It depends were you told you were an alternate or primary? In addition CNRC has been reminding everyone that until a person has a FS letter in hand they ARE NOT a select, they are a pro rec, a few OR's screwed this up recently and caused some issues.

Remember there was also a list of who was going to OCS from 1 to X so don't get that confused with the alternate order.

To clarify if you were told you were a primary you should be fine, if you were told you were an alternate then I would call, and your OR might be able to get some better info or better answers.

paddymack

Pro-Rec INTEL Aug 11 board
NavyOffRec,

I just got off the phone with my new OR (my former OR transferred) and he gave me some crazy news (or what I hope to be). He said that while I was an alternate intel select for fy12 (one of the seven listed) that I was not a fy13 select and that I would need to reapply in March for an intel slot. My old recruiter told me differently - I was an alternate select for fy12 and that I was one of the seven selected to attend OCS for fy13. Could it be true that I'm not a fy13 select even though I was/am a fy12 alternate? I thought they just rolled you into the next fiscal year.

Pmaccona,
I was about to write the same exact post. I had the same recruiter, and am in the exact same situation. All info from my recruiter led me to believe I was guaranteed a spot. In the email he sent me when I was selected he said nothing about being an alternate, and added “worst case scenario you are going to be a Naval Officer!!!!!”This is incredibly frustrating to be told I was gaurenteed a spot when it seems not to have been the case.

I just left a message for my OR, the same OR who said he called the PM for INTEL(last september) and was told I am a FY12 alternate and FY13 select. How can 3 different people with 3 different ORs have one thing being said for a year and suddenly one day an OR who recently moves in points out its wrong? I am waiting for a return call but this really will force me to make some moves.

exNavyOffRec

I just left a message for my OR, the same OR who said he called the PM for INTEL(last september) and was told I am a FY12 alternate and FY13 select. How can 3 different people with 3 different ORs have one thing being said for a year and suddenly one day an OR who recently moves in points out its wrong? I am waiting for a return call but this really will force me to make some moves.

The IDC board does odd things, it is not an "in house" board, the problem is going to be they need to look at the actual board sheet. I know someone has it they do keep them.

The new OR that took over probably just looked in the system he has access to, and that system is not like the old one and does not have all the info that the old system did, in some aspects.

The big thing is does the board sheet say FY12 alt/FY13 select, I am trying to get a copy now. The other thing is were the alternates included in the numbers of those waiting for spots, in the past when it just listed alternates they were not.

Per my recruiter 10 minutes ago via text....

Nothing with you status has changed. The information I had came directly from the Program Manager. No other information provided from any other source is as reliable. My only advice is that you remain patient until the Program Manager is able to change your status.

- someone is wrong here and I need to know as soon as possible. Should I be calling someone NavyOffRec?

exNavyOffRec

The August 2011 board DID say FY12 alt and FY13 select!!

Now the bad news, there were something like 36 under the FY12 alt/FY13 select, that means the numbers of who is waiting is not properly reflected.

What they could do is issue what is called a "no quota" letter, this has been done with medical programs before, basically what this means is yes the board pro rec'd you but in the foreseable future there is not going to be a spot so thanks for playing. If this was to happen I would mention it next time a person applied.

Edit: The old system is still able to be accessed but only a few at the NRD's can, the August list is in there, that is where we found it.

pmaccona

Per my recruiter 10 minutes ago via text....

Nothing with you status has changed. The information I had came directly from the Program Manager. No other information provided from any other source is as reliable. My only advice is that you remain patient until the Program Manager is able to change your status.

- someone is wrong here and I need to know as soon as possible. Should I be calling someone NavyOffRec?

I hope you're right seannewman. And NavyOffRec, thank you so much for looking into this. I can't tell how much I appreciate all of your insight and information.

pmaccona

It sounds like NRD New England really just wanted all the intel selects to freak out for a little bit. It worked with me :) Thanks again NavyOffRec for checking all of this out.

exNavyOffRec

It sounds like NRD New England really just wanted all the intel selects to freak out for a little bit. It worked with me :) Thanks again NavyOffRec for checking all of this out.

I would still be a bit concerned, I have no idea how with 18 primary pro rec's and at least 36 alternates and goals of 7 per year what they are going to do.

It does look as though they have issued 7 final select letters of FY13, this may be like a few years ago that it is just going to be a waiting game, I had one guy wait 2 years, but he is in.

exNavyOffRec

Just so people are kept up to date one of my people that was selected for IW was just notified they are being pushed into FY14 now, and a person we had selected for Intel at the August board is being pushed to FY14 as well.

bd2575

1180 FS 06JAN2013
Jeez, poor guys. I got pro-rec'd 2 weeks ago and my recruiter is estimating I'll be in 06 JAN 13 as well.
Granted, it's been ~16mo since I first met with my recruiter...