• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

pmaccona

pmaccona, this news is a bit scary. I hope that is not true as that would could be devastating news for me.

This whole process is so beaurocratic it's incredible, no one knows what is going on half the time. How can two OR's come to completely different conclusions that have such far reaching effects on your life?

No kidding. I'm pretty freaked out at the moment. If I have to start all over again, that would be a huge pain in the butt.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,

I just got off the phone with my new OR (my former OR transferred) and he gave me some crazy news (or what I hope to be). He said that while I was an alternate intel select for fy12 (one of the seven listed) that I was not a fy13 select and that I would need to reapply in March for an intel slot. My old recruiter told me differently - I was an alternate select for fy12 and that I was one of the seven selected to attend OCS for fy13. Could it be true that I'm not a fy13 select even though I was/am a fy12 alternate? I thought they just rolled you into the next fiscal year.

I no longer have the sheets, but I believe it said FY12 alternate/FY13 select, call the OR and have them show you the sheet that was released by the board, they can get it from the PM, or the processor should have a copy.

What rank is your new OR.

If they won't show you the sheet something is fishy and let me know.

pmaccona

Ok. Unfortunately, My new OR is in New England and I moved back to California after graduating college so I'll try to see if he can send me it via email. He's a LTJG.

pmaccona

I think that's probably the best bet. I talked to the intel recruiter who's in San Francisco this afternoon. He didn't have any new info for me, but I didn't ask if he could access the list from last September.

exNavyOffRec

I think that's probably the best bet. I talked to the intel recruiter who's in San Francisco this afternoon. He didn't have any new info for me, but I didn't ask if he could access the list from last September.

Don't you mean the list from the April 2012 board?

pmaccona

I was pro reccd for intel back in August 2011, but according to my new OR I was only an alternate for 2012 never a 2013 select. I'm just trying to figure out if he is right and if I have to reapply. My old OR said I was #5 on the list of 7, talking about an OCS date in the near future, and that my final select was in the process of being signed. The new one is saying that I never had a letter and I should reapply in Febuary or March at the next IDC board.

exNavyOffRec

I was pro reccd for intel back in August 2011, but according to my new OR I was only an alternate for 2012 never a 2013 select. I'm just trying to figure out if he is right and if I have to reapply. My old OR said I was #5 on the list of 7, talking about an OCS date in the near future, and that my final select was in the process of being signed. The new one is saying that I never had a letter and I should reapply in Febuary or March at the next IDC board.

Ok, the picture is getting clearer, I though it was April, that list did say FY12 alt/FY13 select, I do not think the other one said that.

Unfortunately when a person gets their PQ and security done and that is put in the system it then says final select ready for signature, whether it is or not. It may have been he misunderstood on what list you were on.

I would still contact an OR in SF and have him contact the Intel PM, especially since they are way over on Intel selects and they are closed for FY13 so there is no Intel IDC board going to be held, they have to figure out what they are doing with the 14 guys that were supposed to be FY13.

exNavyOffRec

Ok thanks. It sounds like I'm SOL on this one. Do you think there'd even be a board in February/March?

I would still have him check, mainly because unless they did a change it is rare for the board to pro y a person and then just drop them.

nope, no board they have no more billets and have already said FY13 is closed.

Kay

Wow Pmacconna, I am sorry to hear of all this. Keep trying to get a hold of your OR and get to the bottom of this. Good Luck!

pmaccona

Thanks guys. My new recruiter in NRD New England is pretty convinced that I'm just a 2012 alternate not a 2013 select and the recruiter in NRD San Francisco wanted me to call him back next week. I'm hoping that the new guy is misinformed, but for now, I guess I'll just have to wait until next week.