• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

Nothing. I am surprised too. I remember those SWO guys who had to wait almost 2 years were at least given an estimated date, I am disappointed that this far down the road we haven't even been given an idea. My recruiter, as I pointed out in my last post, said I was #8 on the list per an IDC guy in millington, my recruiter estimated that it shouldn't be too long but it felt like he was giving me a glass half full assessment. We shall see...guys have been getting dates as far out as November so there has to be some INTEL in the mix.

Kay

Agreed, I hope we don't have a 2 year wait ahead. An estimated date would be nice, we have to be getting closer to getting some type of information soon though.

exNavyOffRec

I can tell you when our SWO's were in this situation after a little while NRC would say they will be FYXX, but some recruiters to try and keep the people from saying "forget it" would say "just a few more months" well 2 years later most of these guys now have dates.

If you are indeed #8, that would put you in FY14, there are only 7 spots for FY13

Kay

Heard from my OR today, moved up to number 2 on the list, possibly going October or February, all depends when the quotas are determined, not sure when that is though

Thanks for the response NavyOffRec, hopefully he is being forthright but maybe retention is a concern as well.

Wow, that's good news Kay, hopefully October will be your date then. Meanwhile I will wait and hope someone drops or quotas go up. Otherwise life continues as a civilian worker.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the response NavyOffRec, hopefully he is being forthright but maybe retention is a concern as well.

Wow, that's good news Kay, hopefully October will be your date then. Meanwhile I will wait and hope someone drops or quotas go up. Otherwise life continues as a civilian worker.

Don't think retention is a concern, INTEL is over on JO's right now, they need some to go, it is more like what the future plans hold.

pmaccona

Hey guys,

Just talked to my recruiter. He talked to the PM yesterday who said, essentially, that they were finally drawing up my finsel letter. It still has not date or signature, but he thought that September or October seemed likely. So hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Kay

pmaccona,

That is awesome! It will be nice when we receive the FS letter. Maybe we will be in the Oct class!

paddymack

Pro-Rec INTEL Aug 11 board
Does anyone know what this Intel list is called or where our recruiters can find it? Mine has told me he doesn’t know where I am on the list. Just hoping for some clarity at this point.

exNavyOffRec

Does anyone know what this Intel list is called or where our recruiters can find it? Mine has told me he doesn’t know where I am on the list. Just hoping for some clarity at this point.

If it was like SWO was a few years ago they have a list of who they want for the current FY, then it is just "the rest"

My recruiter told me per a call to millington that I am #8. Granted NavyOffRec says that there are 7 spots so it sounds like I may be out of luck but I do remember he gave me a number.

pmaccona

NavyOffRec,

I just got off the phone with my new OR (my former OR transferred) and he gave me some crazy news (or what I hope to be). He said that while I was an alternate intel select for fy12 (one of the seven listed) that I was not a fy13 select and that I would need to reapply in March for an intel slot. My old recruiter told me differently - I was an alternate select for fy12 and that I was one of the seven selected to attend OCS for fy13. Could it be true that I'm not a fy13 select even though I was/am a fy12 alternate? I thought they just rolled you into the next fiscal year.

pmaccona, this news is a bit scary. I hope that is not true as that would could be devastating news for me.

This whole process is so beaurocratic it's incredible, no one knows what is going on half the time. How can two OR's come to completely different conclusions that have such far reaching effects on your life?

pmaccona

pmaccona, this news is a bit scary. I hope that is not true as that would could be devastating news for me.

This whole process is so beaurocratic it's incredible, no one knows what is going on half the time. How can two OR's come to completely different conclusions that have such far reaching effects on your life?

No kidding. I'm pretty freaked out at the moment. If I have to start all over again, that would be a huge pain in the butt.