• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

exNavyOffRec

What does this mean for us? Should we expect to be pushed back or will our pro-rec's expire? I am guessing I just need to call my OR tomorrow and see if she has heard anything new.

The pro recs won't go away, but info is very limited so your OR probably won't know much, and for the most part NRC has rec'd no direction from NPC, the info I have is from a few sources, NRC for the number that are pro rec and waiting as well as current goal and phrogdrivers wife who was able to shed light on the status of the community she is in (INTEL) in regards to the probable low numbers for a while.

miguel

Pro-Rec INTEL Aug board
I do not know how much this will affect the pro-rec's for INTEL but I was reading a brief yesterday about the current standing of the INTEL community. On it there is a slide that talks about the current manning levels by paygrady. INTEL is currently at 105% manned for O-1 and O-2 with 85% O3. I think they are slowing down INTEL commissions until some of these folks put on LT in order to keep the necessary balance. As far as O-4 to O-10, they are all overmanned a little higher than O1 and O2 so they probably are only able to advance personnel when senior folks retire which would open, only a few spots a year.

Kay

Hey August Intel Pro-Recs,

Does anyone have any updates? I haven't heard anything official yet, my OR has only told me not to register for my fall classes. I am hoping for September.

exNavyOffRec

Hey August Intel Pro-Recs,

Does anyone have any updates? I haven't heard anything official yet, my OR has only told me not to register for my fall classes. I am hoping for September.

I can tell you September looks wide open right now, however there are 7 billets for Intel and 3 are already slated for FY 13 OCS dates, so you are one of 25 others going for a FY 13 date.

Kay

I can tell you September looks wide open right now, however there are 7 billets for Intel and 3 are already slated for FY 13 OCS dates, so you are one of 25 others going for a FY 13 date.

NavyOffRec, Do you know what those 3 FY 13 OCS dates are? The norm to hear about an FS letter is 3months before the OCS date (I think I remember reading/hearing this somewhere or maybe it is just wishful thinking)?

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec, Do you know what those 3 FY 13 OCS dates are? The norm to hear about an FS letter is 3months before the OCS date (I think I remember reading/hearing this somewhere or maybe it is just wishful thinking)?

not dates, people, 3 people who are Intel are already slated for OCS

That's heartening news Kay. I have heard nothing. My goal these days is to figure out if I am slated for this year more than the near future. Any news would be helpful at this point.

miguel

Pro-Rec INTEL Aug board
I received my initial FS letter 4 weeks prior to leaving. My FS was chnge later on due to funding to a date 3 months out. I have heard of people getting their FS letter 6-7 months out so I think it is just based on availability and funding. Good luck to all you Intel folks.

pmaccona

NavyOffRec,

I was under the impression that they had already decided who was among the seven selects for fy 13. Is that true?

I stopped by my recruiter today, he was very helpful per usual, however his information doesn't jibe with NavyOffRec unless he or I misunderstood something. He spoke to a gentleman in Tennessee who works with the IDC program and he said that while there is no definite date for me I am 8th on the list to go to OCS and they have 7 slots left for FY12.
I am wondering if perhaps there was some miscommunIcation there about whether that meant 7 for next year or until next year. But if that's the case and it almost seems like it makes sense to assume a fall or winter OCS date. But at this point who knows, at least I know where I stand on that list that I keep hearing about.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
Finally received my Final Select letter with a date of September 30th. Took the ASTB in April 2010 and was seen by the October 2010 board. My second time at-board in August 2011 I was selected as a Primary Alternate for SNA. Then, I had medical issue that initially disqualified me and then had to be waivered. Long process, but very glad to say I will be attending OCS this September at the ripe old age of 25. Let the preparation begin!

ngDXn.gif

Kay

Hi Aug Intel Pro-Recs,

Anyone have any updates? We have almost a year of waiting done, hopefully we will hear something soon.