• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

exNavyOffRec

paddymack,

I just got assigned a July 29 data last thursday. I had a may 6 date but there were some problems with the FY12 funding so they moved me over the class 1-13. At this point just stand by and make sure lal your paperwork is good.
BTW I am an Intel Select.

Funding isn't an issue, community management is the issue, overall the spreadsheet I am looking at said total Intel for FY12 which is all commissioning sources was over by 30, this means they had to slide people to FY13.

paddymack72

Miguel, NavyOffRec, thanks for the quick response:
I’m so eager to find out about timing because waiting until Aug/Sept is not so bad, but being pushed back to another fiscal year (2014) is entirely different. Right now I have a temporary job, and a lease that is due up in August. If I am not one of the seven to go in 2013 I would like to find out sooner rather than later so I could plan accordingly. Take graduate classes, learn a language, and find a new job, more rewarding pursuits than my current situation. Serving in the Navy is an honor, one that I will willingly wait for. I just want to spend my time in the interim in a more productive manner.

exNavyOffRec

I’m so eager to find out about timing because waiting until Aug/Sept is not so bad, but being pushed back to another fiscal year (2014) is entirely different. Right now I have a temporary job, and a lease that is due up in August. If I am not one of the seven to go in 2013 I would like to find out sooner rather than later so I could plan accordingly. Take graduate classes, learn a language, and find a new job, more rewarding pursuits than my current situation. Serving in the Navy is an honor, one that I will willingly wait for. I just want to spend my time in the interim in a more productive manner.

I understand where you are coming from, there are guys that have been waiting nearly 2 years since selection to go to OCS.

I am with you, my recruiter way back in September told me almost verbatim in a voicemail I still have, "I talked to the program manager for Intel and they have you as a FY 12 alternate and a FY 13 select. Which means if someone drops you could go around February otherwise they have you going in...August. Please give me a call back when you can."

So I have a "career job" but I consider it temporary in that I would live my life very differently if I am not going until next year and that's what NavyOffRec has me thinking is a possibility. I am calling my recruiter this Friday again, as I do once a month and see if anything has changed....

exNavyOffRec

I am with you, my recruiter way back in September told me almost verbatim in a voicemail I still have, "I talked to the program manager for Intel and they have you as a FY 12 alternate and a FY 13 select. Which means if someone drops you could go around February otherwise they have you going in...August. Please give me a call back when you can."

So I have a "career job" but I consider it temporary in that I would live my life very differently if I am not going until next year and that's what NavyOffRec has me thinking is a possibility. I am calling my recruiter this Friday again, as I do once a month and see if anything has changed....

I was told by a guy at NRC there was at least one guy for SWO IP or SWO that he was initially selected for FY 11, then pushed to FY 12, and is now probably going in FY 13.

paddymack

Pro-Rec INTEL Aug 11 board
Got some bad news from my recruiter today, still trying to grasp the full extent. He told me that the FY13 billets for Intel were full. He added that I’m now a FY2013 alternative and need to wait for new billets to be released in order to receive a final select letter. I’m curious, am I’m an alternate due to the fact that there weren’t enough 2013 billets available to accommodate all the pro rec selects? And now being an alternate what are the chances of going in FY2013? Not really sure where to go from here. Anyone who could shed some knowledge would be gratefully appreciated. I hope some of you guys on here got FS today!

It sounds like your saying if you don't get your FS letter soon then you were pushed back from FY 13 to 14 pending someone dropping and you filling the spot. I actually called my recruiter yesterday to do my once a month follow up and he told me that as of yesterday I was a FY 12 alternate FY 13 select....I will let you know if that changes, it sounds like they are making moves.

Kay

I have not heard anything either. I talked to my OR last week and she said they were waiting for any information about us (August INTEL pro-recs) until after the results of the April IDC board. If I hear anything, I will post.

miguel

Pro-Rec INTEL Aug board
Got some bad news from my recruiter today, still trying to grasp the full extent. He told me that the FY13 billets for Intel were full. He added that I’m now a FY2013 alternative and need to wait for new billets to be released in order to receive a final select letter. I’m curious, am I’m an alternate due to the fact that there weren’t enough 2013 billets available to accommodate all the pro rec selects? And now being an alternate what are the chances of going in FY2013? Not really sure where to go from here. Anyone who could shed some knowledge would be gratefully appreciated. I hope some of you guys on here got FS today!
If she said you are a FY13 alternate, that means that unless someone drops out or fails to fulfill the commissioning process within the FY then you will be a FY14 select. All of INTEL folks from the AUG 2011 board were FY 12 Alt and FY 13 selects. Maybe too many folks were selected or they miscalculated the budget limits, but for whatever reason, it just seems as they would be rolling you over to 2014 select. I would not completely believe the statement, since there are various others here (kay, seannewman) who have not been told the same thing so there is a chance, the OR is speaking ahead of time, unless you are at the bottom of the "list" and they are assuring him you will not be selected.

Miguel I believe he is saying he was originally a FY12 alternate and a FY13 select and they changed him to a FY13 alternate and a FY 14 select. Basically he is forewarning us that this could be headed our way (Kay and I)

exNavyOffRec

If she said you are a FY13 alternate, that means that unless someone drops out or fails to fulfill the commissioning process within the FY then you will be a FY14 select. All of INTEL folks from the AUG 2011 board were FY 12 Alt and FY 13 selects. Maybe too many folks were selected or they miscalculated the budget limits, but for whatever reason, it just seems as they would be rolling you over to 2014 select. I would not completely believe the statement, since there are various others here (kay, seannewman) who have not been told the same thing so there is a chance, the OR is speaking ahead of time, unless you are at the bottom of the "list" and they are assuring him you will not be selected.

billets were slashed, if they stay as is such as 7 per year they have enough pro rec yes to go for many FY's

Kay

billets were slashed, if they stay as is such as 7 per year they have enough pro rec yes to go for many FY's

What does this mean for us? Should we expect to be pushed back or will our pro-rec's expire? I am guessing I just need to call my OR tomorrow and see if she has heard anything new.