• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

siuc_avi

FS SNA - 15 APRIL 2012
Officially Signed on the 26th! OCS date of April 15th 2012!
Thank you to everyone that has helped with the August 2011 Board thread!

paddymack

Pro-Rec INTEL Aug 11 board
The OCS dates don't come from the CM, and the order of how they go depend on the OCS program manager, if you are one of the ones that did get slid from FY12 to FY13 you will get an OCS date about 3 months before you are to report to OCS. The FY13 OCS report dates could be anytime between late July 2012 and June 2013.

-NavyOffRec

Would final select letters be sent out sooner than the standard 3 months, once BUPERS finalizes the breakdown of designators for OCS FY2013?

Thanks for any insight

More specifically. Any word on INTEL selects from last August?

It has been about a month since I asked, so thought I might as well take another shot. Thanks for everything you have done for all the recent board selections and us Final Select Purgatory members.

Kay

Talked to my OR today, my FS is still waiting to be signed but should be leaving July, August or September. I am excited to have it at least narrowed down to three months!

exNavyOffRec

"waiting to be signed" means a few things, it could mean they have named the file but no action is being taken, or it could mean it really is sitting waiting to be signed.

There are no released OCS dates for August or September yet, in general those going to those classes don't get FS letters until May time frame.

If I were you I would hope to be in the July class as that is the last FY12 class and they still have some spots for FY 12 Intel, if not you could go into FS limbo, there are guys that were selected SWO late 2010 and have had "FS waiting signature" for over a year.

Kay

Hopefully it just means sitting waiting to be signed. My OR said I was 6th on the list to go to OCS for FY13. Does that mean more late July or August?

Thank you NavyOffRec!

exNavyOffRec

Hopefully it just means sitting waiting to be signed. My OR said I was 6th on the list to go to OCS for FY13. Does that mean more late July or August?

Thank you NavyOffRec!

That info helps, July is a FY12 class, so you would be in August more than likely, so they are probably waiting for firm OCS dates. I wouldn't worry.

My recruiting office called me the other day to see how I am doing and tell me they are waiting for OCS dates to be released and that I should hear within the next month. I appreciated the follow up but I am skeptical. Seems like they don't plan that far ahead, so unless I am going this summer and don't know it yet, it could be awhile. That sound accurate?

Also Kay, congrats on your update. But you piqued my intesterest, could you quickly tell me more about this Intel list that indicates the order of those going?

Kay

Hearing a definite date within the next month would be nice, but I am thinking we won't receive our final select letter until May (at the earliest), but who knows.

Seannewman- I do not really anything about the list. My OR just told me, FY12 was full but I was 6th down on the list for FY13. Maybe NavyOffRec would know more about it?

exNavyOffRec

Hearing a definite date within the next month would be nice, but I am thinking we won't receive our final select letter until May (at the earliest), but who knows.

Seannewman- I do not really anything about the list. My OR just told me, FY12 was full but I was 6th down on the list for FY13. Maybe NavyOffRec would know more about it?

What I was just recently told/seen is they have 30+ pro rec yes Intel guys and NRC was just told they are only expecting a quota of 7 for FY13, so like anything else it will/was first come first serve, those that had all their paperwork in to get a FS letter first will go first, those that are over 7 will be wait and see, they have pushed people out before, some were with SWO a few years ago and a few of those guys were pushed out 2 FY's

pmaccona

NavyOffRec, do you by chance have the list of the names of 7 intel selects from August that are set to go to OCS in fy 13?