• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

miguel

Pro-Rec INTEL Aug board
NavyOffRec,

Any ideo when the INTEL selects from the August board will start receiving their FY13 quotas? Are you able to contact the community manager to find out this info? I have tried but they he does not respond. Any info would be extremely helpful. I'm enlisted and trying to figure out what is going to be happening with my family and how we will work the whole transition process but it is hard to do without even having rough dates.

Miguel

exNavyOffRec

The OCS dates don't come from the CM, and the order of how they go depend on the OCS program manager, if you are one of the ones that did get slid from FY12 to FY13 you will get an OCS date about 3 months before you are to report to OCS. The FY13 OCS report dates could be anytime between late July 2012 and June 2013.

NavyOffRec,

Thanks again for your insight. You have been a tremendous asset to this website.
but....
Possibly another year and a half? :eek:

I will keep reminding myself that no one from INTEL has gotten a date..... that I am aware of .....so there is still hope that maybe we will all get a date before our one year anniversary.

exNavyOffRec

I have had people that were IW get OCS dates and another in our office has an Intel that has an OCS date, I was told many letters are done, but just haven't been given the OK to send out.

kiwinosa87

Heading to P'cola!
Anyone else stuck in Final Select Purgatory, after being pro-req'd at the August 2011 boards? Or am I the lone ranger?

Bueller...?

dhinkle5

pilot
Anyone else stuck in Final Select Purgatory, after being pro-req'd at the August 2011 boards? Or am I the lone ranger?

Bueller...?
No you aren't the only one. I just got my approved physical last week so hopefully a letter this week? I'm a SNA too. When did you get your physical complete?

miguel

Pro-Rec INTEL Aug board
The OCS dates don't come from the CM, and the order of how they go depend on the OCS program manager, if you are one of the ones that did get slid from FY12 to FY13 you will get an OCS date about 3 months before you are to report to OCS. The FY13 OCS report dates could be anytime between late July 2012 and June 2013.
Thank you. I was told by the fleet help desk that they were waiting on the CM to send out the final select letters/assign ocs dates. Well, anyhow, thank you very much.

exNavyOffRec

The breakdown of designators per OCS class is done before the FY starts and that is decided at BUPERS not CNRC, so I think I see where the processor is coming from the CM's haven't figured out the breakdown so the PM's must not have the breakdown of designators per class, once that is done the PM decides who in that designator goes to which class.

kiwinosa87

Heading to P'cola!
No you aren't the only one. I just got my approved physical last week so hopefully a letter this week? I'm a SNA too. When did you get your physical complete?
I went to MEPS at the beginning of November (4th?). Been waiting two months for my medical to clear. Got a phone call from my OR last night saying that I've been medically cleared. Finally!!! She says I should sign in within the next two-three weeks. Still don't have an OCS date though... What about you?

egd33

pilot
Contributor
My FS letter was finally signed today with an OCS date of 25 MAR. It had been in the system since before Thanksgiving with that same date, but finally got signed. Swearing in next week, and am thrilled to say the least that I will be getting that over and getting ready for OCS.

I went to MEPS at the beginning of November (4th?). Been waiting two months for my medical to clear. Got a phone call from my OR last night saying that I've been medically cleared. Finally!!! She says I should sign in within the next two-three weeks. Still don't have an OCS date though... What about you?
My recruiter gave me a date of 8 April. As far as I know that is just a place holder class though. I don't think there is actually a class starting that week. Hopefully I'll get a FS that's signed in the next few days.

kiwinosa87

Heading to P'cola!
Just heard from my recruiter yesterday. She received "verbal confirmation" that I'll be in the April 15th class. No FS letter yet but she thinks it will be drafted this week and signed soon. I can't wait to finally sign in!

Just heard from my recruiter yesterday. She received "verbal confirmation" that I'll be in the April 15th class. No FS letter yet but she thinks it will be drafted this week and signed soon. I can't wait to finally sign in!
Good for you! Hopefully I'll be in the same boat...I keep reminding myself to stay patient

D

Deleted member 31917

Hoping someone could answer me this question. Not sure if it's the appropriate place to ask, but I'll ask anyway. How did you guys list community service work on your apps? I looked at it and it tells you to list the number of years. I've seen multiple people here lists a specific number of hours. To me, number of years doesn't really specify how much you've done. I've done about 10 hours at an animal shelter and this is my first year, but listing 1 year on my app could mean any amount of hours, like 100. Anyway, thanks.

shutout39

pilot
FWIW...I put mine in the Applicant Remarks (box 15 I think) and only put years because most of my listings were over 2+ years. In your case, I would consider putting something like:

Ronald McDonald House: 100 hours over 12 months
Cradles to Crayons: 150 hours over 17 months
etc.

Bottome line is you never know what the board members look at. I have read that they don't have time to look at this stuff and that they get the picture from your essay, GPA, ASTB, and main sections. I have also read that often times it does come down to the details - if you have busted hard volunteering over a shorter time period, make sure they know that is the case and that you're not some sandbagger fluffing up his application.