• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

scarfus

FS SNA, March 25th OCS
I agree, the process at NRD New England hasn't been the fastest. I was pro-rec'd in the July Boards and wasn't scheduled for MEPS until October. I'm perhaps one of the ones you were waiting on, mainly because I couldn't get a hold of my recruiter for 1.5 months via e-mail or phone (office and cell!) until I physically went down there to ask to speak to someone. That's when I also discovered they're way understaffed and extremely busy. Anyways, all said and done, apparently everyone was being finished up in early November...that's the last I heard. Still waiting for Final Select. Spoke to OR mid-November, all he said was that we're waiting and expected soon. That was almost a month ago. Anyone else hear yet from NRD NE?

After a similar experience, I just received notification of my FS "being in the system" last week. I'm still waiting for the paperwork to show up there so that I can swear in. Just be persistent with them, someone will eventually answer. PM me if you have any more questions.

I have an unrelated question for those of you who have sworn in already; What did you sign when you went in, and did it indicate your designator (SNA, SNFO, etc). I was told that I would be signing my contract which stated I had an SNA slot after OCS. I'm not sure if this is normal procedure, or something I should be asking questions about.

beantowndave

After a similar experience, I just received notification of my FS "being in the system" last week. I'm still waiting for the paperwork to show up there so that I can swear in. Just be persistent with them, someone will eventually answer. PM me if you have any more questions.

I have an unrelated question for those of you who have sworn in already; What did you sign when you went in, and did it indicate your designator (SNA, SNFO, etc). I was told that I would be signing my contract which stated I had an SNA slot after OCS. I'm not sure if this is normal procedure, or something I should be asking questions about.

I must've sensed something was in the air, this morning my OR contacted me with my OCS date in March and he has my letter.

fridgeharmonics

pro rec'd SNA; OCS 29 July
Yeah, I wanted the June 17 date, although I'm happy about the extra month and a half to get in better shape. I should have my papers signed sometime after Jan 3rd when my recruiter is back in the office.

miguel

Pro-Rec INTEL Aug board
Does anyone have the list of select, non-select and alternates for the Information Dominance Board (IDC) who also met in August 2011? private message me. (It is Christmas time so I am feeling particularly generous)
I do not know that there would be a list out. I got selected for Intel though. I heard there was only about 40 people selected altogether from that board. Did you ever get a list?

exNavyOffRec

I do not know that there would be a list out. I got selected for Intel though. I heard there was only about 40 people selected altogether from that board. Did you ever get a list?
I have a list in my email somewhere, not sure on the total numbers as the entire goal for the FY was 42?

exNavyOffRec

Yeah, I don't graduate until May. I don't know why I didn't get the June 17 one, maybe because I got to meps a month later than I should have...
Depending when in May you graduate would dictate when you would go to OCS, in order for you to go they have to have transcripts saying your degree is complete, often it takes colleges 2 weeks to get that done, all paperwork needs to be at NRC at least 2 weeks prior to OCS so basically everything would have to be to them by 1 June for the 17 June class.

Given when you were selected you would fall into what they normally consider BDCP, but those that were selected greater than 6 months from graduation this time were moved from BDCP to DA