• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

egd33

pilot
Contributor
Just got word from my processor my PRK waiver was approved and FS with OCS date of March 25 came in. Not sure when it actually all went through though because my processor thought I already knew after responding to my email inquiring about it this morning. Had hoped for a class or 2 sooner considering it appears that everyone else has been put in March 4 at the latest thus far, but I am just glad I finally know (though I guess the date could always change as well). Not sure when I will swear in yet (I have not received the FS papers to sign).

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Hey y'all, thought I'd pop in and let you all know that OCS is indeed the promised land. Keep on that personal fitness program though, or you'll be paying the piper when you get here.

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
Hey y'all, thought I'd pop in and let you all know that OCS is indeed the promised land. Keep on that personal fitness program though, or you'll be paying the piper when you get here.

Are you implying that you are at OCS and you are posting on here? You better be careful!

scarfus

FS SNA, March 25th OCS
Is anyone else still waiting for a prk waiver to clear from this board? The deadline for FS is Dec. 1st and my waiver is still in process...

I hope I'm not screwed.

egd33

pilot
Contributor
Is anyone else still waiting for a prk waiver to clear from this board? The deadline for FS is Dec. 1st and my waiver is still in process...

I hope I'm not screwed.

Mine went through around 2 weeks ago, and my 6 month followup paperwork was not submitted until Nov 2 (and I got a tentative OCS date already, though FS is still waiting to be signed), so I am very surprised you are still waiting considering you had submitted everything before the board and mine only took like 2 weeks to get.

scarfus

FS SNA, March 25th OCS
Mine went through around 2 weeks ago, and my 6 month followup paperwork was not submitted until Nov 2 (and I got a tentative OCS date already, though FS is still waiting to be signed), so I am very surprised you are still waiting considering you had submitted everything before the board and mine only took like 2 weeks to get.

I am VERY suprised myself. As you said, I submitted all of my PRK paperwork back in August. I even had a flight physical in May (prior to my 6 month follow up appointment) which had all satisfactory results for a PRK waiver, with the exception of the required grace period. So, one would assume that with a clear 6-month follow up report, I'd be good to go.

I also learned this past week that my waiver paperwork hadn't been sent in by my recruiters until "a couple of weeks ago". This seemed very late to me, but I trusted that they would get the job done. However, now its coming down to the wire and I may be out of luck!

Looks like it's time to start a new thread and see if anyone has any advice on where to go from here. I think I need to make a phone call to NRC, because the results I have gotten from my NRD have been unsatisfactory. I'm not typically one to be a complainer, but I have played by the rules and done everything right, and my dream job is on the line because someone didn't do their job properly.

Wish me luck.

scarfus

FS SNA, March 25th OCS
JohnnyDramaVictory.jpg

March 25th!

egd33

pilot
Contributor
March 25th!

Nice, looks like we will be in the same class. Has your FS been signed yet? My processor said last Monday it was in the system waiting to be signed and I have not heard anything back yet, so I assume it is still waiting.

scarfus

FS SNA, March 25th OCS
Nice, looks like we will be in the same class. Has your FS been signed yet? My processor said last Monday it was in the system waiting to be signed and I have not heard anything back yet, so I assume it is still waiting.

Not yet. Went into the system today. I'm told I'll probably have it signed and will be swearing in within 2 weeks or so.

Can't wait.

PRgatech

First post.. Long time lurker. I've been applying for BDCP SNA since October 2010 and made it into the August boards. Got word from my recruiter at the beginning of October that I was picked up for BDCP but was somewhat skeptical. I contacted him the other day in regards to my FSL and he informed me that I was DA and not BDCP. Also, he said my FSL is in the system but he can't access it yet. I told him I didn't understand how that could be, since the word has been that you must be 6 or less months away from graduation (I graduate Dec 12). He responded telling me that he spoke with the Program Manager and that I was picked up as an out year select for 2013.

I'm extremely excited but a little apprehensive. It just seems too good to be true given my graduation date and no BDCP. In any case, I just wanted to ask if anyone else has heard of people being picked up as out year selects?

SDPilot6

Several places on this page you guys mention the FS is "in the system". What exactly is this "system" and how does that translate into signing a FS Letter? My recruiter told me on November 4 that I was listed as Pilot/NFO Final Select in the system, but he yet to receive an FS letter for me to sign. He checked into it before Thanksgiving and it still wasn't available. Any thoughts out there?

egd33

pilot
Contributor
Several places on this page you guys mention the FS is "in the system". What exactly is this "system" and how does that translate into signing a FS Letter? My recruiter told me on November 4 that I was listed as Pilot/NFO Final Select in the system, but he yet to receive an FS letter for me to sign. He checked into it before Thanksgiving and it still wasn't available. Any thoughts out there?

My processor said it just has to be signed by NRC and then they can get it (after which we fill out all the final paperwork and swear in). Basically, I think they can see that the letter has been produced and an OCS date is there, but that until it is signed by NRC nothing is official/OCS date is tentative.

josephdodge

Does anyone have the list of select, non-select and alternates for the Information Dominance Board (IDC) who also met in August 2011? private message me. (It is Christmas time so I am feeling particularly generous)

beantowndave

NRD New England has a major shortage of manpower at the moment. A few of us on here are processed there and the process has been anything but pleasant so far. I spoke with my OR's replacement last week, and he told me he is gathering everyone's paperwork and is going to send it all in at once (so the people who had MEPS and SF-86 are waiting for those who didn't have it done to do so....awesome). As for getting your results, most of us NRD NE folks found out through members on this forum who have the list. If you scroll back, you will find 1-2 members who posted they have the list - PM them and ask if they could check for you. That is your best bet at this point.

I agree, the process at NRD New England hasn't been the fastest. I was pro-rec'd in the July Boards and wasn't scheduled for MEPS until October. I'm perhaps one of the ones you were waiting on, mainly because I couldn't get a hold of my recruiter for 1.5 months via e-mail or phone (office and cell!) until I physically went down there to ask to speak to someone. That's when I also discovered they're way understaffed and extremely busy. Anyways, all said and done, apparently everyone was being finished up in early November...that's the last I heard. Still waiting for Final Select. Spoke to OR mid-November, all he said was that we're waiting and expected soon. That was almost a month ago. Anyone else hear yet from NRD NE?