• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

egd33

pilot
Contributor
Thank a lot! Sadly for me the weather in Rhode Island will most likely be an upgrade from where I've been living in upstate NY.

Ha, I definitely do not miss that weather anymore being from FL (spent my last semester this past spring on exchange in Australia purposely to avoid it). I went to school up the road in Ithaca. Did you graduate from SUNY Bing or just living there now?

scarfus

FS SNA, March 25th OCS
First of all, congrats to all who have recieved their FS. It's been a long wait for all of us, so good for you that it's over!

I'm still waiting for a prk waiver to clear, and have been told that I'm still good to go (assuming the waiver clears). Anyone here also waiting on a waiver to clear to recieve their FS? Also, has anyone who submitted for a prk waiver already had it cleared and recieved their FS?

egd33

pilot
Contributor
First of all, congrats to all who have recieved their FS. It's been a long wait for all of us, so good for you that it's over!

I'm still waiting for a prk waiver to clear, and have been told that I'm still good to go (assuming the waiver clears). Anyone here also waiting on a waiver to clear to recieve their FS? Also, has anyone who submitted for a prk waiver already had it cleared and recieved their FS?

I am waiting on a PRK waiver as well. My 6 month followup was not submitted until a week and a half ago though (my 6 months wait just ended 2 weeks ago). How long ago did your med docs get submitted (with a 6 month followup)? Originally, I was told on Oct 20 that I was good to go except for needing a 6 month followup only two days after my processor actually submitted all my paperwork from the physical and medical history (actual phys was on Oct 13), but no idea how long the waiver is supposed to take or if I will even find out it went through or not hear anything until my FS comes in.

scarfus

FS SNA, March 25th OCS
I submitted my med docs about 3 months ago, but they didn't get sent in for waiver consideration until after my pro rec. Seems like an odd way of doing it, in that it inundates NAMI all at once with everyone from that board.

Looks like we're in the same stack of papers. Lets hope there's plenty of coffee there.

egd33

pilot
Contributor
I submitted my med docs about 3 months ago, but they didn't get sent in for waiver consideration until after my pro rec. Seems like an odd way of doing it, in that it inundates NAMI all at once with everyone from that board.

Looks like we're in the same stack of papers. Lets hope there's plenty of coffee there.

Is it the actual NAMI waiver we are waiting on? From previous reading on AW I got the idea that the initial waiver is more or less just to okay military service post PRK (and allows a FS) and that the NAMI waiver would come after our OCS flight physical (and take longer to process). My processor never specified anything though so I am really not sure.

sk101a

Ha, I definitely do not miss that weather anymore being from FL (spent my last semester this past spring on exchange in Australia purposely to avoid it). I went to school up the road in Ithaca. Did you graduate from SUNY Bing or just living there now?
I went to Le Moyne actually in Syracuse but I've lived in the area all my life

Bohdi

Primary Alternate SNA - Aug 2011
If millra is still following, any idea how many SNA selects, primary alternates, and secondary alternates have gotten FS and OCS dates?

fridgeharmonics

pro rec'd SNA; OCS 29 July
Got to meps a few weeks ago, still waiting on my FS. Hoping for a June date since I don't graduate until May. I hope that letter comes soon, tired of waiting.

shutout39

pilot
Has anyone else with a Final Select letter received an email from their recruiter to fill out Delayed Entry paperwork as well as a Collegiate Report that needs to be filed on the 1st and 15th of every month?

I thought Delayed Entry was something completely different, and the collegiate report looks like something for applicant who are still in college...more specifically NROTC applicants. No one mentioned these forms to me when I swore in so I am taken a little bit off guard. Perhaps they were sent to me in error?

croakerfish

pilot
Has anyone else with a Final Select letter received an email from their recruiter to fill out Delayed Entry paperwork as well as a Collegiate Report that needs to be filed on the 1st and 15th of every month?

I thought Delayed Entry was something completely different, and the collegiate report looks like something for applicant who are still in college...more specifically NROTC applicants. No one mentioned these forms to me when I swore in so I am taken a little bit off guard. Perhaps they were sent to me in error?

I just swore in, did all the DEP paperwork and got my orders this morning. No collegiate report was mentioned. That part might be a mistake but you should definitely have some paperwork to do.

shutout39

pilot
Croaker, congrats and thanks. I'm looking at this thing like why would they need to know "Are you at risk of getting less than a 2.7 GPA this semester" or "difficulty graduating on time" or even what my graduation date is for that matter....I graduated back in May and they know that. It also asks what my paygrade and program is...I wouldn't even know where to begin filling this thing out. Would I just put E-5 and OCS and put NO for everything? I need to email my recruiter back but I didn't want to seem out of line if everyone has to do it.

egd33

pilot
Contributor
Croaker, congrats and thanks. I'm looking at this thing like why would they need to know "Are you at risk of getting less than a 2.7 GPA this semester" or "difficulty graduating on time" or even what my graduation date is for that matter....I graduated back in May and they know that. It also asks what my paygrade and program is...I wouldn't even know where to begin filling this thing out. Would I just put E-5 and OCS and put NO for everything? I need to email my recruiter back but I didn't want to seem out of line if everyone has to do it.

That definitely sounds like a mistake to me. Sounds like something only BDCP would need, which is what I am guessing it is actually for.

shutout39

pilot
Recruiter says its not a mistake - he said command makes us do it so I have to do it. I don't mind, just caught off guard.