• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

egd33

pilot
Contributor
Just heard from my recruiter that my Final Select paperwork is in. I go in Monday to swear in. OCS date of March 4, 2012. I prayed extra hard last night that I would find out soon and it must have worked. You can't see me but I'm Tebowing right now.

Aren't you waiting on a LASIK waiver before PQ? How did you get a FS?? Why are so many primary/secondary alternates getting FS before pro-recs? Just hoping they do not fill up all the OCS classes the first 1/4 of next year before I get my FS whenever that is (assuming not until my PRK waiver goes through) considering how many have been already getting FS with Nov and Jan-Mar dates.

shutout39

pilot
I just received my Final Select letter from my OR for 27 NOV! I can't freaking believe I'm actually going to be in Indoc phase in just 3 more weeks.

Congrats Croaker. Hope you have been working out and staying in shape! The 27th will be here before you know it. My advice would be to take a glance at the Enlistment Oath before you go, I botched mine today and had to correct myself - not bad, just said "officers appointed above me" instead of "over me". Pretty embarrassing with the entire NRD staff watching.

boostadikt

VFA-106
Just got a final select date 12 February 2012! I was on the alternate list as well, I think they got a pretty good sized quota, hopefully a lot of dates come rushing in soon, hope to see you all in Pensacola some time.

pbrayGT

Pro rec'd SNA! FS --> OCS 17 Jun
Just heard from my recruiter yesterday. Final Select paper in and OCS date of June 17th!

shutout39

pilot
Just heard from my recruiter yesterday. Final Select paper in and OCS date of June 17th!

Congrats Pbray. You do not graduate college until May though correct? Just clarifying for those who might see this who do not have an OCS date yet...I know when I saw your post my first thought was dang they're placing people in June already, then I read found some of your previous posts.

sk101a

I suppose I should finally introduce myself. I was pro rec'ed at these boards and just received my OCS date of march 4th. I'm 23 non prior service from Binghamton, NY.

pbrayGT

Pro rec'd SNA! FS --> OCS 17 Jun
Congrats Pbray. You do not graduate college until May though correct? Just clarifying for those who might see this who do not have an OCS date yet...I know when I saw your post my first thought was dang they're placing people in June already, then I read found some of your previous posts.
Correct counting down the months to May and graduation. I'm psyched to get started, at the same time a little more of a break out of college would have been nice. No rest for the wicked I suppose. I'm hoping this timing will work out that I am not waiting too long to get started in everything after OCS aka waiting on API and/or Primary. Is it always clogged or are there months out of the year when things are running at a quicker pace?

egd33

pilot
Contributor
Correct counting down the months to May and graduation. I'm psyched to get started, at the same time a little more of a break out of college would have been nice. No rest for the wicked I suppose. I'm hoping this timing will work out that I am not waiting too long to get started in everything after OCS aka waiting on API and/or Primary. Is it always clogged or are there months out of the year when things are running at a quicker pace?

You don't want full pay while hardly doing anything? From what I have read lately pilots are getting pushed through quickly, but that could of course change at any time.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
You don't want full pay while hardly doing anything? From what I have read lately pilots are getting pushed through quickly, but that could of course change at any time.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

I hope I get some paid drunken beach time :p

SDPilot6

I suppose I should finally introduce myself. I was pro rec'ed at these boards and just received my OCS date of march 4th. I'm 23 non prior service from Binghamton, NY.

Welcome and congratulations! I'm in the same boat, I'll be heading to OCS for the March 4th class too. I'm a 25 non-prior (yeah I'll be the old guy) from San Diego. Rhode Island should be a bit of a weather shock in early March coming from Southern California.

sk101a

Welcome and congratulations! I'm in the same boat, I'll be heading to OCS for the March 4th class too. I'm a 25 non-prior (yeah I'll be the old guy) from San Diego. Rhode Island should be a bit of a weather shock in early March coming from Southern California.
Thank a lot! Sadly for me the weather in Rhode Island will most likely be an upgrade from where I've been living in upstate NY.