• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

boostadikt

VFA-106
I was reading the nyusn.blogspot and he posted the FY2012 slots available. For pilot he listed 75. Since there were 85 pro-recs and 28 primary alternates does this mean not all pro-recs will get a FS and that none of the primary alternates will be chosen? I was expecting around 113 SNA's based on previous posts, but 75 is quite a bit lower. Any thoughts?

I really hope you're wrong, this is the worst possible news. I went to the blogspot but hopefully there is some catch or something

MGoBrew11

pilot
I was reading the nyusn.blogspot and he posted the FY2012 slots available. For pilot he listed 75. Since there were 85 pro-recs and 28 primary alternates does this mean not all pro-recs will get a FS and that none of the primary alternates will be chosen? I was expecting around 113 SNA's based on previous posts, but 75 is quite a bit lower. Any thoughts?

I believe the 28 primary alternates are for FY13, not for FY12. They will not count towards that number of 75. They probably expect some of those 85 pro-recs not to make it through for medical or other reasons.

CBR11

I though millsra said the 28 primary alternates were for FY12.

This isn't good news if I'm interpreting it correctly.

MGoBrew11

pilot
I though millsra said the 28 primary alternates were for FY12.

This isn't good news if I'm interpreting it correctly.

I looked back and you are right (I think). It could be interpreted differently though. Once again, this is just one of those things that is out of anyone's control. Worrying about it is not going to help. Just put together your best stuff and hopefully there is a board in January for SNA/NFO. If there is not, there will probably be on in April. Then they will push it back to August.

De ja vu?

boostadikt

VFA-106
Primary alternates were for FY12, alternates were for FY13. This might mean that all the alternates will be pushed to FY13, and maybe even a few selects. When can we expect to see people getting FS dates?

egd33

pilot
Contributor
I thought those numbers were whatever is still left to be filled (though the FY12 bit is confusing, do they really need 75 more pilots after all the selects in August...). Why would he list slots that have already been taken by pro-recs? That does not make any sense to me, especially since it is a recruiting site and the targeted audience are people who have not already been through the process and selected yet.

Applicant: Hey, I want to apply for one of those 75 pilot slots you mentioned being open.
Recruiter: Oops, sorry, those were already taken before I even mentioned them.

Maybe he means for boards being held this fiscal year and not OCS ship dates (the August boards were held in FY11)? I do not think there is any reason to freak out as it is probably just being misinterpreted.

boostadikt

VFA-106
I thought those numbers were whatever is still left to be filled (though the FY12 bit is confusing, do they really need 75 more pilots after all the selects in August...). Why would he list slots that have already been taken by pro-recs? That does not make any sense to me, especially since it is a recruiting site and the targeted audience are people who have not already been through the process and selected yet.

Applicant: Hey, I want to apply for one of those 75 pilot slots you mentioned being open.
Recruiter: Oops, sorry, those were already taken before I even mentioned them.

Maybe he means for boards being held this fiscal year and not OCS ship dates (the August boards were held in FY11)? I do not think there is any reason to freak out as it is probably just being misinterpreted.

FY 12 Numbers

Program
Surface (Ocean Option): 1
Pilot: 75
Public Affairs Officer: 2
Oceanography: 2
Information Warfare: 2
Supply: 57
EDO (SEGA): 4
Cyber Warfare: 3

Also from the site he says: " Supply has a goal of 94 and has 44 pro rec'd yes." Which is 50 more needed and he lists 57. This seems reasonable, so here's to hoping you're right.

aodell

TW-2
I don't know how the heck this happened, but I received via email tonight my Final Select letter with an OCS date of 12Feb2012.

Still amazed at how I went from being a secondary alternate--supposedly an alternate to FY13--to having an OCS date only 3+ months away. Regardless, I'm stoked. Hoping many more of you get FS letters soon!

SDPilot6

I don't know how the heck this happened, but I received via email tonight my Final Select letter with an OCS date of 12Feb2012.

Still amazed at how I went from being a secondary alternate--supposedly an alternate to FY13--to having an OCS date only 3+ months away. Regardless, I'm stoked. Hoping many more of you get FS letters soon!

I'm in the exact same position, secondary alternate and all. I received an e-mail saying I was Final Select with a class date of 4Mar2012. The kicker is my recruiter said the Final Select was listed as "Pilot NFO Final Select" like they're not sure what designator I'm actually going to end up with. Can anyone shed any light on this situation? I only applied for Pilot.

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked to be given the opportunity to go to OCS after a LONG process!

shutout39

pilot
Congrats guys - glad they're pulling more alternates! I am starting to wonder why we aren't hearing more of the pro-rec's posting FS dates and also why of the 3 alternates I have seen, all three were secondary alternates....anyone care to shed a theory?

boostadikt

VFA-106
aodell and SDPilot do you know when all your stuff was officially uploaded, I am secondary also and I tried to get everything in quickly, My stuff was uploaded to CNRC on Oct 17. Since you guys got dates it would help everyone know where they stand. As people drop they pull people off the alternate list by who completed their stuff first, not sure if this matters between primary and secondary, my guess is for filling the initial quota it doesn't.

croakerfish

pilot
Congrats guys - glad they're pulling more alternates! I am starting to wonder why we aren't hearing more of the pro-rec's posting FS dates and also why of the 3 alternates I have seen, all three were secondary alternates....anyone care to shed a theory?

My OR told me unofficially I'm scheduled for NOV 27 but still no FS letter.

SDPilot6

I went to MEPS the 1st week of October; I already have everything else ready to go so just needed the Physical Qualification. My recruiter didn't say the exact date when everything got uploaded, but I expect it was on par with Oct. 17 given the speed of MEPS. I received an e-mail last night and official confirmation this morning, but still waiting for a Final Select letter. I still don't know what designator I was selected for, despite only applying PILOT, as the e-mail read "PILOT NFO Final Select".

aodell

TW-2
I went to MEPS before I knew board results, sometime in August (forget when exactly). Pretty sure my PQ letter was uploaded and my security investigation opened 18 October.

shutout39

pilot
Just heard from my recruiter that my Final Select paperwork is in. I go in Monday to swear in. OCS date of March 4, 2012. I prayed extra hard last night that I would find out soon and it must have worked. You can't see me but I'm Tebowing right now.
tebowing.jpg