• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

Stalin

I must have some special vision since I have been able to pass these tests with no problems. God only knows.
Sorry I haven't been on a while. I only say that they were stupid because I was really concerned and I googled it... many people have problems with that test that have no DP problems. From what I heard from many sources, it is unreliable and outdated. When I told my recruiter that I failed it he told me it would be ok because MEPS themselves said their machines were messed up. I passed beyond flying colors at a civie doctor. Basically, they were trying to determine my future on faulty equipment.

I know there is stuff I won't like in the military and that they do inefficient things... I've been in 4 and a half years I've seen a lot of that first hand ;)

tm5306

Hi everyone, I have been following this thread for a while now. I am a civilian that submitted my package for the August 2011 board. I am out of NRD New England, and I still have not received any selection results yet. I contacted my recruiter last month to check in a week or so after some of you began hearing about your selections, and he told me that they had not received any results yet. I tried to get in touch with him last week, but he was out of the office. Has anyone heard from NRD New England?

Stalin

Hi everyone, I have been following this thread for a while now. I am a civilian that submitted my package for the August 2011 board. I am out of NRD New England, and I still have not received any selection results yet. I contacted my recruiter last month to check in a week or so after some of you began hearing about your selections, and he told me that they had not received any results yet. I tried to get in touch with him last week, but he was out of the office. Has anyone heard from NRD New England?
I don't have an answer for you, unfortunately, but I'd find out some how, some way soon. I believe there is a deadline coming up soon, hate to see you lose a pro-rec over something that is not your mistake. Hopefully someone else can give you an answer, but my point is to keep driving on hard. Good luck!

shutout39

pilot

NRD New England has a major shortage of manpower at the moment. A few of us on here are processed there and the process has been anything but pleasant so far. I spoke with my OR's replacement last week, and he told me he is gathering everyone's paperwork and is going to send it all in at once (so the people who had MEPS and SF-86 are waiting for those who didn't have it done to do so....awesome). As for getting your results, most of us NRD NE folks found out through members on this forum who have the list. If you scroll back, you will find 1-2 members who posted they have the list - PM them and ask if they could check for you. That is your best bet at this point.

intelkw

Hey everybody,

Whats the story on the "30 day extensions"? I'm going to need a LASIK waiver (6 months post-op). Unfortunately, my LASIK isn't 6 months until Nov. 26. My recruiter is telling me after the 24th of this month (the apparent deadline to have everything in for FS) we can request an extension. He said the first extension is easy to get but a second one may not happen. I would need technically two extensions.

How have I seen many examples of people waiting final select (for up to a year!) due to waivers/various medical reasons? Are they getting 30 day waivers one after the other or is there some exception... or am I missing some info on the process?

I have everything completed and I'm just waiting on a waiver now to get my PQ letter.

egd33

pilot
Contributor
Hey everybody,

Whats the story on the "30 day extensions"? I'm going to need a LASIK waiver (6 months post-op). Unfortunately, my LASIK isn't 6 months until Nov. 26. My recruiter is telling me after the 24th of this month (the apparent deadline to have everything in for FS) we can request an extension. He said the first extension is easy to get but a second one may not happen. I would need technically two extensions.

How have I seen many examples of people waiting final select (for up to a year!) due to waivers/various medical reasons? Are they getting 30 day waivers one after the other or is there some exception... or am I missing some info on the process?

I have everything completed and I'm just waiting on a waiver now to get my PQ letter.

I just got a call from my processor saying that I need a 6 month PRK followup and I should be good (I was 20/20 uncorrected on the goodlite chart at my physical given by NAMI doctors at NASP instead of MEPS which is the same chart they use for flight physicals). I had my physical last Thursday and my processor uploaded my stuff to whoever approves the medical stuff for final PQ determination and they already got back to her today saying a 6 month followup is all that I need to be PQ. Fortunately for me, the 6 months is next Friday, so I do not need a second extension, but they moved really fast on getting back to my processor and hopefully the waiver is fast too. I would expect you should be okay considering you only need like 3 days beyond the first 30 day extension to be at 6 months (I know for sure a second one is possible from reading the regs). It would be kind of ridiculous to lose a pro-rec over such a short amount of time

boostadikt

VFA-106
And the submit date is upon us! I have been waiting for some new info to pop up.... So milsra have you heard anything new? :D This board has been the best source of info so far, and I really don't have any other way to know when the quota has come in and what it will be. When are they trying to fill OCS slots... I have read that a lot of people sit around waiting for API and Primary, I would assume they want to fill certain dates to streamline the process and minimize this wait. I have cleared MEPS, and taken the PRT (optional). Submitted everything, but as an alternate guy it is somewhat unnerving to be clueless about the future. I can deal with a wait, but it would be nice to have an idea of it. My recruiter said pro-recs should get their dates about 2 weeks out from today, I think most of us alternates are wondering if we will hear anything at all or if it will just be a longer wait as they decide what they need. Maybe nobody can answer this but if alternates are FY13 selects will this be decided soon as well or are we looking at a 6 months? Also my recruiter said they will not accept resubmissions until they have the FY12 quota. I guess I'm just asking because if there ends up being a Jan. board it would be nice to get in on it if need be.

My OR told me there were only around 50 slots for the entire upcoming FY. He wasn't specific about whether that was for pilot AND NFO, or just pilot. But even so, that seems incredibly low for an entire year.......Has anyone else heard anything like that?

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
And the submit date is upon us! I have been waiting for some new info to pop up.... So milsra have you heard anything new? :D This board has been the best source of info so far, and I really don't have any other way to know when the quota has come in and what it will be. When are they trying to fill OCS slots... I have read that a lot of people sit around waiting for API and Primary, I would assume they want to fill certain dates to streamline the process and minimize this wait. I have cleared MEPS, and taken the PRT (optional). Submitted everything, but as an alternate guy it is somewhat unnerving to be clueless about the future. I can deal with a wait, but it would be nice to have an idea of it. My recruiter said pro-recs should get their dates about 2 weeks out from today, I think most of us alternates are wondering if we will hear anything at all or if it will just be a longer wait as they decide what they need. Maybe nobody can answer this but if alternates are FY13 selects will this be decided soon as well or are we looking at a 6 months? Also my recruiter said they will not accept resubmissions until they have the FY12 quota. I guess I'm just asking because if there ends up being a Jan. board it would be nice to get in on it if need be.
Just spoke to the head processor up in San Jose for NRD SF. He told me we have until mid November to have everything in.

aodell

TW-2
Just spoke to the head processor up in San Jose for NRD SF. He told me we have until mid November to have everything in.

Weird. Not what I've heard from my processor and recruiter, but then neither are chief of NRD Michigan, so who knows. Haha, things never change.

Raider13

My recruiter was out of the office for a while and only recently had the chance to get back to my inquiries about the Intel application I submitted ~10 months ago. He said that no active duty IDC boards have taken place since March '11, only reserve. I believe this is contradictory to what I've been reading in this thread and elsewhere on AW (if I recall the March boards were canceled and they took place in late August). Can anyone here confirm or deny that this is the case? If an active duty IDC board did take place in August, does it have some sort of name or number which I can share with my recruiter and ask him to look into?

Thanks and congratulations to all those selected recently.

I was alternate pro rec for august 22nd INTEL. It's possible your app was too late. But I put mine in February (less than 10) so I doubt thats the case. I heard on August 31st. Your recruiter has let you down good sir.

On that note....who wants to solve the mystery of when us august alt and primary selects shall receive the coveted final select?

My investigation seems to have waxed and waned based on the lack of random calls recently asking why the OPM was contacting them regarding questions about my personal habits. Adjudication should be close at hand and then nothing but waiting. Any idea how long?

Fastdak25

Pro-Rec'd IW
My recruiter was out of the office for a while and only recently had the chance to get back to my inquiries about the Intel application I submitted ~10 months ago. He said that no active duty IDC boards have taken place since March '11, only reserve. I believe this is contradictory to what I've been reading in this thread and elsewhere on AW (if I recall the March boards were canceled and they took place in late August). Can anyone here confirm or deny that this is the case? If an active duty IDC board did take place in August, does it have some sort of name or number which I can share with my recruiter and ask him to look into?

Thanks and congratulations to all those selected recently.

FY11-08-24 ACTIVE DUTY IW (Information Warfare) OCS BOARD RESULTS

Just copied that from BUPERS showing my Pro-Rec. IDC held boards starting 22Aug11. Far as I know, none of the pro-recs have received a FS letter and class date. Last I heard from the fleet processors about us IW pro-recs getting our FS letters was 10 days ago and he said they still have not recieved dates for IW candidates (assuming from IW detailers), and that he "thinks" they are waiting for a new goaling letter to be issued. My old Divo is trying to get in touch with the IW detailer to see if he can get any info out of him, but haven't been able to catch up with him all week.

Bohdi

Primary Alternate SNA - Aug 2011
I was reading the nyusn.blogspot and he posted the FY2012 slots available. For pilot he listed 75. Since there were 85 pro-recs and 28 primary alternates does this mean not all pro-recs will get a FS and that none of the primary alternates will be chosen? I was expecting around 113 SNA's based on previous posts, but 75 is quite a bit lower. Any thoughts?