• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
I'd rather they just threw balls at my head.
Hey, don't bring your personal life into this matter!;)

Seriously though, that is the dumbest and most inaccurate test I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure I missed all of them, but the guy giving the test just said "you're good, no one ever gets them right"

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
Hey, don't bring your personal life into this matter!;)

Seriously though, that is the dumbest and most inaccurate test I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure I missed all of them, but the guy giving the test just said "you're good, no one ever gets them right"

I must have some special vision since I have been able to pass these tests with no problems. God only knows.

dhinkle5

pilot
And I'd be interested to know approximately how often this happens. Does anyone know or have any guesses? I failed depth perception at MEPS and had to have a follow up to be cleared for SNA, so I know the first class physical is not necessarily a slam dunk for me.

So does anyone know what happens if you fail something on your FC1? Option to go home or change career fields? Anyone speak first hand?

B.U.Condor

I've been trolling around AW for a few months now and have probably waited way too long to introduce myself.

My recruiter emailed a copy of my SNA final select letter and it is waiting in Los Angeles to be signed!

23 Male
Applied SNA only

BS in Aeronautical Science, Minor in Business Administration
GPA: 3.95
ASTB: 9/9/8 61

FAA Comm Multi + Single + Instrument
CFI CFII and a few other meaningless ones that are too douchey to list.

Some volunteer work (nothing seriously impressive)
Some school scholarships
LOR for 3 employers, retired AF 0-5, retired Navy O-6 (who was also a professor)

Going to OCS 27 Nov. 2011.

kiwinosa87

Heading to P'cola!
I've been trolling around AW for a few months now and have probably waited way too long to introduce myself.

My recruiter emailed a copy of my SNA final select letter and it is waiting in Los Angeles to be signed!

23 Male
Applied SNA only

BS in Aeronautical Science, Minor in Business Administration
GPA: 3.95
ASTB: 9/9/8 61

FAA Comm Multi + Single + Instrument
CFI CFII and a few other meaningless ones that are too douchey to list.

Some volunteer work (nothing seriously impressive)
Some school scholarships
LOR for 3 employers, retired AF 0-5, retired Navy O-6 (who was also a professor)

Going to OCS 27 Nov. 2011.

What board did your package sit at? If it was the August 30th board, that's a quick turn-around for an FS letter, eh? Did you have MEPS done before or after the board got your package?

pbrayGT

Pro rec'd SNA! FS --> OCS 17 Jun
I had MEPS done before the board got my package back in Spring and I just got off the phone with my recruiter and it turns out MEPS lost my blood work and physical paper work. They have had to reconstruct my paperwork from the copies they have and my recruiter is waiting to hear on whether or not I have to pay for myself to get my blood redrawn because someone else messed up before I can even think about FS paperwork. With 13 days to what I've gathered is the FS deadline it feels pretty crappy knowing I might now be in a time crunch :(

B.U.Condor

What board did your package sit at? If it was the August 30th board, that's a quick turn-around for an FS letter, eh? Did you have MEPS done before or after the board got your package?

My package was included in the August 30 board. I did have MEPS and sf-86 completed beforehand, but I still can't believe how fast it came. I have no idea if the individual NRD's have any pull on the speed it takes to get a final select but I just have commend NRD Los Angeles. Maybe that has something to do with it, or maybe I just got lucky. But my recruiter answers his phone about 95% of the time I call him (even on vacation), and all the other administrative assistants are amazingly efficient.

Originally, I was trying to apply for the AF 11OT03 board that bobola got selected for. I had three AF recruiters that wouldn't even give me the time of day (as I have also heard from a few others.)

My package was included in the August 30 board. I did have MEPS and sf-86 completed beforehand, but I still can't believe how fast it came. I have no idea if the individual NRD's have any pull on the speed it takes to get a final select but I just have commend NRD Los Angeles. Maybe that has something to do with it, or maybe I just got lucky. But my recruiter answers his phone about 95% of the time I call him (even on vacation), and all the other administrative assistants are amazingly efficient.

Originally, I was trying to apply for the AF 11OT03 board that bobola got selected for. I had three AF recruiters that wouldn't even give me the time of day (as I have also heard from a few others.)

I think in a way it is just luck of the draw. I knew it was going to be tough to get in touch with a good AFOTS recruiter and I had to weed my way through about 5 people who were completely useless to get there. Glad to see you get picked up with the Navy. I am suprised you had a hard time finding anyone with your GPA and flight certificates.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I had MEPS done before the board got my package back in Spring and I just got off the phone with my recruiter and it turns out MEPS lost my blood work and physical paper work. They have had to reconstruct my paperwork from the copies they have and my recruiter is waiting to hear on whether or not I have to pay for myself to get my blood redrawn because someone else messed up before I can even think about FS paperwork. With 13 days to what I've gathered is the FS deadline it feels pretty crappy knowing I might now be in a time crunch :(
your recruiter can request an extenstion..

kiwinosa87

Heading to P'cola!
What exactly has to happen to "accept" the pro-rec? I asked my recruiter if I needed to sign anything before the Oct 24th deadline and she said that "the October 24th cut off is if we are not doing anything to move your paperwork forward." How exactly do they know that my paperwork for MEPS has been submitted, but that they haven't let me schedule it yet?

Bohdi

Primary Alternate SNA - Aug 2011
I have been following AW for about a year now. I wanted to thank everyone on this thread for the invaluable information.
20 Male
Applied SNA only
Primary alternate select at the August board
ASTB: 6/6/8 58
GPA: 3.8
BS degree will be conferred December 2011
Private pilot license: 42 hours
Completed: SF86, MEPS, PRT