• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
thank you millsra you have been a great source for information. Now I just need to get to MEPS
Idk how many times I had to keep redoing paperwork and refaxing. If they would just tell me how to do it the right way the first time it'd be so much easier :) First they just gave me the pre med forms.. Then I fill it out and they tell me I have to initial each boxed area that I x'd .. so I do that.. then they tell me that I have to get rid of the x's and initial each box.. Then they tell me they gave me an out dated form to redo it.. Then there was another form they just gave me and said I signed in the wrong spot.. even though it said "applicant signature" but I guess that is for a later time? So annoying. I've been working on meps "paperwork" for almost a week.

I'm not entirely sure. My processor emailed me that I was "scheduled" for the 27th, that she's confident it won't change, and that she's still waiting for my final selection, at which point I will swear in. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one around here for which this is the case.

I am in the exact same boat. My OR said, " you were pro-req'd with this date". I am not sure what that means but he seemed very confident that it was not going to change. Let me know when you get your FS dotonfire.

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
Idk how many times I had to keep redoing paperwork and refaxing. If they would just tell me how to do it the right way the first time it'd be so much easier :) First they just gave me the pre med forms.. Then I fill it out and they tell me I have to initial each boxed area that I x'd .. so I do that.. then they tell me that I have to get rid of the x's and initial each box.. Then they tell me they gave me an out dated form to redo it.. Then there was another form they just gave me and said I signed in the wrong spot.. even though it said "applicant signature" but I guess that is for a later time? So annoying. I've been working on meps "paperwork" for almost a week.
I know what you mean. I filled out my paperwork last week. My processor was worried about my allergic reaction to penicillin when I was 2. I stated that I had never had a problem with MEPS and this issue. Which shot myself in the foot because now Sacramento MEPS has to send my record from 2008 to San Jose MEPS for review...should've kept my mouth shut

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I know what you mean. I filled out my paperwork last week. My processor was worried about my allergic reaction to penicillin when I was 2. I stated that I had never had a problem with MEPS and this issue. Which shot myself in the foot because now Sacramento MEPS has to send my record from 2008 to San Jose MEPS for review...should've kept my mouth shut
Ehh. There is nothing wrong with being honest. Less you have to worry about when you're active duty.

dejalon

Hey guys, just a quick question about the PRT. ( I know there is a PRT forum, but it's barely replied to)

Is it necessary to do a PRT before OCS? If so, in what time frame?

croakerfish

pilot
Hey guys, just a quick question about the PRT. ( I know there is a PRT forum, but it's barely replied to)

I just did mine yesterday, but I'm not sure if that is a policy of the Navy or the NRD I went through.

shutout39

pilot

No, not anymore. There is a whole thread about it in PRT called "Pre-OCS PRT Suspended?" Apparently an applicant had an unknown heart issue and he had a "problem" during his PRT. Needless to say, the Navy no longer takes that risk with civilian applicants. You are tested immediately at OCS and cannot begin training unless you meet the minimums.

boostadikt

VFA-106
So it seems like the fate of the primary alternates/alternates may rest on the FY12 quota. Does anyone have any info on when this might be decided? To me it seems like officer selection has been down in every area, people are getting FS dates very soon, so I think they have OCS slots to fill they just need numbers.

boostadikt

VFA-106
No, not anymore. There is a whole thread about it in PRT called "Pre-OCS PRT Suspended?" Apparently an applicant had an unknown heart issue and he had a "problem" during his PRT. Needless to say, the Navy no longer takes that risk with civilian applicants. You are tested immediately at OCS and cannot begin training unless you meet the minimums.

Just talked to my recruiter apparently this is no longer true. PRT has been reinstated, they just had to have some people go through some certification stuff to make sure it wouldn't happen again.

Okie3

OCS NAMI CASUALTY=INTEL..I'll take it.
Been watching this thread for about a month or two. Saw mostly everyone has heard news from their recruiter. Is there anybody out there thats still waiting like me? I called my recruiter last Wednesday, but he was on leave. He told me he'd be back in the office the next day and check. Still no word. I didn't know if I should be the guy who calls everyday until I get an answer, or wait it out for him to call me. Emailed him this week haven't heard. He usually gets right back though. Just wondering if anybody else is waiting still.

aodell

TW-2
Been watching this thread for about a month or two. Saw mostly everyone has heard news from their recruiter. Is there anybody out there thats still waiting like me? I called my recruiter last Wednesday, but he was on leave. He told me he'd be back in the office the next day and check. Still no word. I didn't know if I should be the guy who calls everyday until I get an answer, or wait it out for him to call me. Emailed him this week haven't heard. He usually gets right back though. Just wondering if anybody else is waiting still.

A number of guys on this thread have the actual list. Go back a few pages, look them up, and send them a PM. I believe some others have already done this.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball

Normally I wouldn't tell someone to bug their recruiter, but you have until Oct 25th to get your MEPS and clearance stuff out of the way. Find someone in your NRD that you can talk to.

egd33

pilot
Contributor
Any of you guys/gals dealing with a LASIK waiver?

The Regs say you must wait 3 months post-op for a waiver>

http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/navmedmpte/nomi/nami/arwg/Documents/Waiver Guide - Complete 110208.pdf

(Section 12.15B)

Why are Pro-recs (myself included) being told minimum 6 months post-op?

That has been covered pretty thoroughly in the PRK section. I believe MEPS may supersede NAMI in requiring 6 months just to join but cannot remember for sure. What I do know for sure is no one has found a way around it. I have to get a PRK waiver but only have a few more weeks until 6 months. How far from 6 months are you?

Okie3

OCS NAMI CASUALTY=INTEL..I'll take it.
Non-select sna, wish I could have seen the results a week or two ago like everyone else. First time to try.
22 M 5'9" 140 lbs.
Physical Education major graduate in Dec.
3.87 gpa
East Central University- in OK
played basketball freshman year college
Program manager basketball sophomore year
LOR- from coaches in HS and College
Honor rolls throughout college
Transferred colleges a few times for financial reasons, don't know if it hurts or helps my causes. Kept good grades and kept on good terms with people at the 3 schools.

Assistant Basketball Coach at my high school during college.

7.5 hours on my PPL. Got the book and test part of it done. That stuff hurts the wallet haha. $$$
Work on horse ranch for my dad during college. Talked about long irregular hours on motivational statement with that.

ASTB- 5 6 5 50.... probably didn't help me much.