• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

Pilotman87

If there is a board on 23JAN, can we reapply with the same packet that we applied with for the august board? Or because it is within 6mo from the last board, does it have to be done via reconsideration (or is that on for active duty folks)? I'm a non-prior that was selected as a secondary alternate from the august board. I know this question is more for my OR, but I figured there are some very knowledagble people on this forum that may be able to shed some light on the situation before I get ahold of my OR tomorrow. Any help is apprecited!

Stalin

As i still havent let my hopes get completely crushed by this past board, i was thinking onward to the next board. Lets say a board meets in Feb and the results come out late Feb and by the beard of Zeus I get accepted for SNA. What would be my chances of making that end of March OCS class date? I am 28 now, turn 29 on July 12, heirgo, making it a must for me to leave for OCS before April 12.. All of this does rest on the hopes that the people in charge make another board in Feb for SNA..
Do you think it is possible i can still do it?
Get EVERYTHING you possibly can done before the board. I don't know how it works with you being in the Navy enlisted side, but a big setback for me that I never saw was MEPS and me having to provide documentation and an x-ray for my arm that I broke 6 years ago. And I'm currently in the Army! Get medical documents, do everything you can think of NOW so you don't hit a snag that will cost you your career. Go overboard, be safe rather than sorry

Lucy

pilot- If you are reapplying within 6 months you need to have a significant change to your application.-Normally

Check with OR to see if different since alternate. Likely will have to not apply/have added info since you were alternate selected versus tabled.

Pilotman87

That's what I thought. I plan to retake the ASTB, as I didn't really have time to study the first time; and what I did study, wasn't really relevant (doh!) Is there anything that constitutes a "significant change?" I am thinking about readdressing the motivational statement because some things have changed and I think I can craft a bit stronger motivational statement after some of the things that I have realized since I wrote the original back in December of last year... I can probably get a few more LORs as well, but I already have 6 really strong ones... Hopefully I won't have to reapply, but I am just trying to prep for what could be coming down the pipeline! MEPS next week, sf86 is done, just have to hurry up and wait after that is completed! Thanks for all the help!

mjv305

ENS SNA
great news guys.. keeping my hopes up and about to get things rolling with or without a concrete date..
btw, i have no idea where i got the spelling for that word.. suspect..

My recruiter didn't have me interview with anyone for that reason. One or two officer interviews would constitute a significant change.

dotonfire

I just received 27NOV11 as my date. I'm still waiting for my FS, though. I wasn't expecting a date this early (nor this quickly), but I had MEPS and security done well before the board even met.

staff03

My recruiter didn't have me interview with anyone for that reason. One or two officer interviews would constitute a significant change.
My recruiter said he didn't know any current NA's or NFO's to conduct an interview with for my application. Does anyone know how to go about getting this done outside of your recruiter?

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
I know that when I was in the Delayed Entry Program (DEP) I had access to NKO. If you can get access to NKO I am pretty sure that you can find a listing of personnel by designator and where they are stationed. Might be able to find your way into an interview like that. My guess is that it would be easier to find an interview on AW since there are so many Officers that are still active in these forums. Just let everyone know where you are located and be willing to travel a bit to do an interview and you should be good. Just my guess though...

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
I know that when I was in the Delayed Entry Program (DEP) I had access to NKO. If you can get access to NKO I am pretty sure that you can find a listing of personnel by designator and where they are stationed. Might be able to find your way into an interview like that. My guess is that it would be easier to find an interview on AW since there are so many Officers that are still active in these forums. Just let everyone know where you are located and be willing to travel a bit to do an interview and you should be good. Just my guess though...
I second what Macklin said, just create a post on the main forum. I'm sure someone will be willing to help if you are willing to provide the beer.;)

croakerfish

pilot
My recruiter said he didn't know any current NA's or NFO's to conduct an interview with for my application. Does anyone know how to go about getting this done outside of your recruiter?

I got an interview with the XO of a nearby ROTC unit just by asking. Definitely worth a shot.

aodell

TW-2
If there is a board on 23JAN, can we reapply with the same packet that we applied with for the august board? Or because it is within 6mo from the last board, does it have to be done via reconsideration (or is that on for active duty folks)? I'm a non-prior that was selected as a secondary alternate from the august board. I know this question is more for my OR, but I figured there are some very knowledagble people on this forum that may be able to shed some light on the situation before I get ahold of my OR tomorrow. Any help is apprecited!

I'm a secondary alternate from the August board, and I was told today in no uncertain terms by my recruiter that, because I'd received a pro-rec as an alternate (his words, not mine), re-applying would involve me declining the first pro-rec. He said that, obviously, that wouldn't be viewed favorably by a future board. I hadn't realized that as an alternate, I'd technically received a pro-rec, but it looks like I won't be reapplying unless I get declined. If there really is a board in January, I hope that I find out in enough time to get a package in, but I'm not counting on it at this point.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I'm signing my FS Letter on Thursday! My tentative report date is 30 October, but I'm trying to get that pushed back until November or January because of work. I look forward to seeing y'all in Newport.