• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

Lucy

If they did not go to the board, they will be reviewed during the next board.

Dem's de breaks.

Actually, this wasn't the case for the August boards. Apps that were not viewed were sent back to recruiters. They might have been resubmitted, or held for a reason or another, but in general if it wasn't seen, it isn't in Millington.

Well, I just sent in my signed letter to forfeit my OCS SNA spot. I still have some personal confliction on my decision but am sure I would have that either way. I hope someone on here gets a call saying they have been upgraded from alternate to primary select! I am looking forward to OTS and I think my class date may be 17 April or 5 June. I am going to swear in on monday and have my flight physical at the end of October. I am glad to finally be moving forward in this whole process. I am really looking forward to getting sworn in. It is about time to get the ball rolling.

boostadikt

VFA-106
Well, I just sent in my signed letter to forfeit my OCS SNA spot. I still have some personal confliction on my decision but am sure I would have that either way. I hope someone on here gets a call saying they have been upgraded from alternate to primary select! I am looking forward to OTS and I think my class date may be 17 April or 5 June. I am going to swear in on monday and have my flight physical at the end of October. I am glad to finally be moving forward in this whole process. I am really looking forward to getting sworn in. It is about time to get the ball rolling.

Ha I'll be crossing my fingers for sure, tough decision, but I wish you the best of luck.

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA

Still congrats man, you'll have a blast. Now I'll buy you a six pack if you somehow are able to give me your slot :p

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Does anyone know what the Oct/Nov boards will cover?

As of yet, there have been no guarantees for OCT/NOV boards. If they do have boards in OCT/NOV, my guess is that they will cover the usual communities that they always have a hard time filling like Chaplain, SPECWAR, NUKE, CEC, etc. There have been rumors of a SWO, SNA, SNFO, IDC, Intel board in FEB 2012, though.

Just my $0.02, so take it for what it's worth.

Echo24

I'm Pilot.
pilot
Not Selected

61/6/5/6
3.1 GPA U of Arizona, Business Economics
Applied a whole lot of things but, as we all know, most programs didn't see the light of the board room.
Eagle Scout, Community Service

Basically, I see the reason I wasn't selected was because with the military not bringing in as many officers nowadays and with the recession pushing a lot of people into applying to OCS... short of building a time machine and getting a new 4 year degree... I don't see my chances improving over the next couple years (I can retake the astb and maybe get letters of rec from people with more important sounding titles). I decided to try and go the enlisted route. Luckily my AZVAB scores are still relevant (94 AFQT) so I qualified into the Enlisted Nuke Program and I'm hoping to go OCS through the back door.

I am very fond of the back door ;)

Adam,

Whats going on man, I am a NROTC student at UofA (Systems Engineering). How come you didn't stop by south hall during your stay at UofA if you were considering future service? Service selections seem to be very much easier to obtain for midshipmen and Academy folk than it is for OCS. I'm sure if you applied for college program in the unit you would have received advanced standing and could therefore skip OCS and service select directly upon graduation. Just curious man!

mjv305

ENS SNA
As i still havent let my hopes get completely crushed by this past board, i was thinking onward to the next board. Lets say a board meets in Feb and the results come out late Feb and by the beard of Zeus I get accepted for SNA. What would be my chances of making that end of March OCS class date? I am 28 now, turn 29 on July 12, heirgo, making it a must for me to leave for OCS before April 12.. All of this does rest on the hopes that the people in charge make another board in Feb for SNA..
Do you think it is possible i can still do it?

egd33

pilot
Contributor
As i still havent let my hopes get completely crushed by this past board, i was thinking onward to the next board. Lets say a board meets in Feb and the results come out late Feb and by the beard of Zeus I get accepted for SNA. What would be my chances of making that end of March OCS class date? I am 28 now, turn 29 on July 12, heirgo, making it a must for me to leave for OCS before April 12.. All of this does rest on the hopes that the people in charge make another board in Feb for SNA..

Well, this is by no means concrete, but supposedly the next board is tentatively set for 23JAN according to here: http://nyusn.blogspot.com/ . It is definitely the first list like this I have seen which at least is something.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor

Yes, it is still possible...