• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

PRISSY83

Pro-Rec'd for IW on Aug 11 IDC board
Well I emailed the processors to verify everything was still good and i didn't have to resubmit anything. He wrote back saying, "We have processed you for the medical review and are waiting on the PM to give us permission to move forward. Once everything is approved it will be sent to your COC." This is still a vague statement to me, but it sounds like the med review has already finished with me and everything was forwarded to the PM, seeing as the PM is the one everything goes to for final review and vote. Just hoping it doesn't take too long for the final vote so my FS letter can be drafted and sent off. Hoping to class up by January at the latest, maybe february to avoid deployment.

Yeah trust me they would have sent you a quick email to let you know if there was something missing as they have did for others like myself. Sounds like you are well on your way. From Millsra I think he said that the Jan class was reserved for people reaching the age limit, so maybe we can get in Feb or Mar class...:D

Here are some dates that I found on another navyocs forum... dont know how current they are but here it is...

As of July 2011, this is the current OCS schedule (thanks to a member of my current class for this info).

01-12: 17 Jul
02-12: 7 Aug
03-12: 28 Aug
04-12: 18 Sep
05-12: 9 Oct
06-12: 30 Oct
07-12: 27 Nov
08-12: 1 Jan
09-12: 22 Jan
10-12: 12 Feb
11-12: 4 Mar
12-12: 25 Mar
13-12: 15 Apr
14-12: 6 May
15-12: 27 May
16-12: 17 Jun
17-12: 8 Jul

Adam Webster

Thanks all for the guidance and opinions. I'm going to resubmit again for the next board with new technology test scores and new/more letters of rec. Hopefully it won't take another year.

Vitrivius

Pro rec SNA
Thanks all for the guidance and opinions. I'm going to resubmit again for the next board with new technology test scores and new/more letters of rec. Hopefully it won't take another year.

Just my 2cents,

Bust ass on the ASTB. At least 7's across the board. Keep doing volunteering and community service. Don't just put in some hours then quit, stay with it as much as possible (be committed).

Get a PPL if you have the cash. Even if you don't have the cash, scrap some up and get at least a couple of hours under your belt. Ask the instructor to teach you the basics of ADF/VOR. Trust me, it'll help you on the FOFAR portion.

Since you're young and have lots of time, get a master's degree (preferably somewhat in a tech field if you have the pre-reqs) and get GPA >3.7, show the Board that that 3.1 in econ is just a fluke.

just sayin..., but what do I know ;)

miguel

Pro-Rec INTEL Aug board
Oh. I should mention that I didn't study at all for the pilot specific sections of the ASTB
If you did not study that should tell you that you can do better. You need less things fo ryour package than enlisted do, so you have less things that the board will look at. With that said, make sure you give them the best that you can. Also if you apply for reconsideration they need to see progress and consistency.

EM1

Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit
EM1,
I'm just curtious about the Nuke deal coming from an enlisted standpoint. If I were to apply do you know if you still have to do the interview in Washington where you can get quizzed on just about anything on your transcript? Or is the only requirement to have an appraisal by a Nuke O?

During the interviews, they are mostly concerned with calc and physics.

Even prior enlisted nukes (like myself) have to do technical interviews and interview with the Admiral for selection. It's a requirement that cannot be waived, and I know of prior nukes who have failed the interviews or been thrown out of the Admirals office.

Fastdak25

Pro-Rec'd IW
Yeah trust me they would have sent you a quick email to let you know if there was something missing as they have did for others like myself. Sounds like you are well on your way. From Millsra I think he said that the Jan class was reserved for people reaching the age limit, so maybe we can get in Feb or Mar class...:D

Here are some dates that I found on another navyocs forum... dont know how current they are but here it is...

As of July 2011, this is the current OCS schedule (thanks to a member of my current class for this info).

07-12: 27 Nov
08-12: 1 Jan
09-12: 22 Jan
10-12: 12 Feb

Yes i know the schedule, i looked it up on CANTRAC :). As long as I make any of these classes i'll be able to miss deployment. You, miguel and me should have no problem classing up together.

pbrayGT

Pro rec'd SNA! FS --> OCS 17 Jun
Pro Rec'd SNA. Found out Tuesday. Waiting on medical to clear (or something like that) before I have to see my recruiter again.
21/M - 7/7/8 58.

3.61 BS Aerospace Engineering at Georgia Tech- Graduate in May.
4 LOR's: three professors, one employer - co-op at NASA JSC.
Extra curiculars, fraternity involvement, intramural sports, undergraduate research

Started the process this past spring break and just waiting since March has been bad. It's a relief to hear, but now its anxiety to get there and get flying. Now just gotta wait to go in and get my OCS date and figure out everything that is going to happen in the subsequent months. CONGRATS EVERYONE, I know I'm pumped to graduate now.

miguel

Pro-Rec INTEL Aug board

INTEL/IW selects,

I emailed the OCS helpdesk asking how long for Medical Clearance to get done and distribute the FS letters to folks. His response was that, the INTEL was for FY13 and FY12 alternates. I replied to him and asked about the IW and he said IW was for FY12 so you IW folks should be good, but if you were selected in INTEL know that you are and alternate for FY12 and a select for FY13. Sorry for the bad news to whomever this may be bad news, i just figured I let you all know.​

Pilotman87

INTEL/IW selects,

I emailed the OCS helpdesk asking how long for Medical Clearance to get done and distribute the FS letters to folks. His response was that, the INTEL was for FY13 and FY12 alternates. I replied to him and asked about the IW and he said IW was for FY12 so you IW folks should be good, but if you were selected in INTEL know that you are and alternate for FY12 and a select for FY13. Sorry for the bad news to whomever this may be bad news, i just figured I let you all know.​

Does this reflect the same way on the alternates for SNA? That the primaries are alternates for FY12, but selects for FY13? and the secondary alternates are alternates for FY13? sorry to keep clogging this up with alternate questions, but I am just not certainty what being secondary alternate actually means. Based on millsra's post earlier, primary alternates will be going to OCS; does this mean secondary are the backup for the regular alternates? If so, has anyone found out about how the FY13 plays into being a secondary alternate? My recruiter was going to get back to me about it, because he was not completely sure about it either. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

PRISSY83

Pro-Rec'd for IW on Aug 11 IDC board
Yes i know the schedule, i looked it up on CANTRAC :). As long as I make any of these classes i'll be able to miss deployment. You, miguel and me should have no problem classing up together.

Yeah i just got insight on CANTRAC yesterday by Miguel...:D.... Yeah hopefully we will get grouped together...one can only hope...:)

matt622

Pro Rec'd SNA. Found out Tuesday. Waiting on medical to clear (or something like that) before I have to see my recruiter again.
21/M - 7/7/8 58.

3.61 BS Aerospace Engineering at Georgia Tech- Graduate in May.
4 LOR's: three professors, one employer - co-op at NASA JSC.
Extra curiculars, fraternity involvement, intramural sports, undergraduate research

Started the process this past spring break and just waiting since March has been bad. It's a relief to hear, but now its anxiety to get there and get flying. Now just gotta wait to go in and get my OCS date and figure out everything that is going to happen in the subsequent months. CONGRATS EVERYONE, I know I'm pumped to graduate now.

pbray,

Sent you a pm regarding how you got pro-rec'd being more than 6 months out. Just curious....

Millsra,

I spoke to my recruiter Tuesday and again today. He tells me that that I haven't been pro'recd, denied or put on an alternate list, I just am... what does this mean? I know my file isnt incomplete and I had my package in well before the april deadline. My recruiter also tells me they may have just decided not to look at some; however this makes no sense also as my package has been sitting where ever it has been sitting for months now. Any advice you could lend would be greatly appreciated.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
Primary Alternate for SNA. Second time around for me and 2.5 years after first contact with recruiter. Onward to MEPS!

boostadikt

VFA-106
Millsra,

I spoke to my recruiter Tuesday and again today. He tells me that that I haven't been pro'recd, denied or put on an alternate list, I just am... what does this mean? I know my file isnt incomplete and I had my package in well before the april deadline. My recruiter also tells me they may have just decided not to look at some; however this makes no sense also as my package has been sitting where ever it has been sitting for months now. Any advice you could lend would be greatly appreciated.

My recruiter said that there were a lot of applications that were submitted but didn't get forwarded to the board, I don't know anything past that. Sorry if that's where you fell.