• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I also asked about the primary alternate and alternate thing, it sounds like the consensus on here is correct. Primary alternates are going to OCS, but not until the official quotas come out for FY-12. regular alternates are up after that (going into FY-13 if need be).

What do you mean by Primary Alternates will goto OCS? Are you saying they are pretty much guranteed a spot once the quotas come out and the secondary list is just like an ordinary alternate list?

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I just talked to the OCS guys today and they said that they are saving the November and January dates for Pro Rec's that are dangerously close to the age limit(civilians included). Since I still have 10 months on my waiver they offered me Feb or next month on the 30th...I took next month. I guess they figured that there is no way a civilian could complete all the docs and have a FS letter by next month even if they were close to the age limit. I really didn't want to go that quick and I wish I had a little more time to prepare, but atleast I'll get it over with quicker!

I also asked about the primary alternate and alternate thing, it sounds like the consensus on here is correct. Primary alternates are going to OCS, but not until the official quotas come out for FY-12. regular alternates are up after that (going into FY-13 if need be).

Thanks for all of the inside gouge, Mills; it's much appreciated. I was really worried from the way my recruiter talked that they might not be sending out FS letters or OCS dates until six months from now. Glad to see that it'll be a little sooner.

shutout39

pilot
Thanks for the info Mills...thats good news for all of us alternates.

I have a question about this Oct 24 deadline. If I have already completed the SF-86 and passed MEPS, what else needs to be submitted by then. Reason I ask is my eyes were measured at 20/60 at MEPS, though my civilian doc said I was 20/30 and 20/40 just a few weeks later. So I had LASIK done 2 months ago - is this a disqualifier if I cannot obtain a waiver by Oct 24? A few guys in the PRK forum had the surgery AFTER the pro-rec and they were able to wait the 6 months, get the waiver and then final select. Has the process changed in this regard or am I just freakin' out, man? Also, could I submit paperwork from my civilian doc stating I WAS within regs, in order to get a FS and then pursue the waiver before I begin OCS?

Any help is appreciated as my OR knows little about this process. Thanks.

Pilotman87

Millsra, in can't begin to say how thankful I am that you have been here to help us out with all the information you have provided. I'm hoping the alternate thing works out, because another board without having an inside man will be even more nerve-racking.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
What do you mean by Primary Alternates will goto OCS? Are you saying they are pretty much guranteed a spot once the quotas come out and the secondary list is just like an ordinary alternate list?
That is exactly what he told me yesterday. Primary Alternates WILL be going to OCS. I even asked point blank to verify. This is from the processor and not the OCS manager, but he was told by the manager, so I would call it acurate. He said all primary alternates are going as soon as the FY-12 quotas are finalized and they need to be going to MEPS as if they were Pro Rec'd.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the info Mills...thats good news for all of us alternates.

I have a question about this Oct 24 deadline. If I have already completed the SF-86 and passed MEPS, what else needs to be submitted by then. Reason I ask is my eyes were measured at 20/60 at MEPS, though my civilian doc said I was 20/30 and 20/40 just a few weeks later. So I had LASIK done 2 months ago - is this a disqualifier if I cannot obtain a waiver by Oct 24? A few guys in the PRK forum had the surgery AFTER the pro-rec and they were able to wait the 6 months, get the waiver and then final select. Has the process changed in this regard or am I just freakin' out, man? Also, could I submit paperwork from my civilian doc stating I WAS within regs, in order to get a FS and then pursue the waiver before I begin OCS?

Any help is appreciated as my OR knows little about this process. Thanks.

Are far as your LASIK is concerned, I would wait till you hear something back from CNRC. The medical department at CNRC (N3M) will review your med docs and draft a letter to your NRD and the OCS processor telling them what, if anything, is needed. My uneducated guess is you should be fine, they are not out to screw anyone over. They obviously thought enough of you to select you, so they don't want to go and try to find someone else now.

SDPilot6

That is exactly what he told me yesterday. Primary Alternates WILL be going to OCS. I even asked point blank to verify. This is from the processor and not the OCS manager, but he was told by the manager, so I would call it acurate. He said all primary alternates are going as soon as the FY-12 quotas are finalized and they need to be going to MEPS as if they were Pro Rec'd.

Eaglei -

I found out yesterday that I am also on your list alternate Alternates, but I think having the Primary Alternates go to OCS is great news for us. Think about it, if maybe ~10% don't accept or something has changed from last November (likely), then they will pull 11 people up, or more than half, from the alternates list!

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Eaglei -

I found out yesterday that I am also on your list alternate Alternates, but I think having the Primary Alternates go to OCS is great news for us. Think about it, if maybe ~10% don't accept or something has changed from last November (likely), then they will pull 11 people up, or more than half, from the alternates list!

Well if they are that adament about the primaries going then one can only assume they will have extra slots and dip into the second list. Or at least we can only cross our arms fingers and toes..

Sent via defy

PRISSY83

Pro-Rec'd for IW on Aug 11 IDC board
Sup Prissy,

I haven't recieved any emails from the processors about my package. I'm assuming that means that no further paperwork or resubmits are needed from me, but I just emailed the processor to verify that all my paperwork is till good. I also told them that my TS-SCI clearance is good to go and asked if I need to submit a new JPAS printout. I'm trying to avoid anything that would delay the process of my FS letter. Hopefully you and miguel don't get delayed by this. Did you have your TS-SCI already in your package, or is your investigation still on-going?

Hi Fastdak,
I already had my TS-SCI clearance in my package, so im good on that... as far as the medical stuff, i could understand why they wanted new documents, it was a year old...:D... between the cancellations on boards and push backs my package had been sitting since sept 2010...:(... but all is well now for me :) and hopefully for Miguel also... and hopefully you dont have to submit anymore paperwork either! HERE'S TO HOPING FOR A FINAL SELECT LETTER SOON!!! :rolleyes:

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA

Hey thanks for the feedback. So with talks of alternates being used for fy 13 if need be does that mean we would fill slots before a board is held or could new selects be chosen with august alternates still sitting in the queue?

Just got a e-mail from my recruiter that my date is nov27. Kinda freaking out right now, was planing on having a lot more time to prepare. FIndind out Pro-req to OCS in just about 2 months. That seems a bit quick. Well sh*t time to up the training regiment.

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
Just got a e-mail from my recruiter that my date is nov27. Kinda freaking out right now, was planing on having a lot more time to prepare. FIndind out Pro-req to OCS in just about 2 months. That seems a bit quick. Well sh*t time to up the training regiment.

Do it, brother! Congratz!

Lucy

That's awesome! Good luck!

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Hey thanks for the feedback. So with talks of alternates being used for fy 13 if need be does that mean we would fill slots before a board is held or could new selects be chosen with august alternates still sitting in the queue?
I'm not too sure about that, I haven't heard any talks of an upcoming board. That doesn't mean it won't happen, I just haven't asked. I will try to get some clarification tomorrow if I see anybody.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Congrats!! I know what your feeling, I was ok with going in Nov, but then I got pushed up to next month, so I'm trying to hurry up and check out of my current command. So much for transfer leave...