• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

PRISSY83

Pro-Rec'd for IW on Aug 11 IDC board
:)
Hey PRISSY just wondering if you have heard anything from OCS. I got a letter saying to resubmit my medical stuff and I took care of that already so I am just waiting again. How about you, anything new?

Hi Miguel,
Same here. I got a email notification from the Fleet OCS saying I needed to resubmit updated medical and that was Sept 12. I submitted all of my new ones to them on Sept 21 and they reported to me today that they have everything they need and would be forwarding my documents to medical today... So now hopefully the next time I hear from them it will be with a FS letter/Class Date.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Millsra, does that mean you're in the 30 October class now, instead of 27 November? If so, welcome to class 06-12! We've got 17 members of the class on a Facebook group, and you're welcome to join.
It's looking that way. I tried to find the Facebook page, but couldn't. Do you happen to have a link? See you all there!

Vitrivius

Pro rec SNA
I just talked to the OCS guys today and they said that they are saving the November and January dates for Pro Rec's that are dangerously close to the age limit(civilians included). Since I still have 10 months on my waiver they offered me Feb or next month on the 30th...I took next month. I guess they figured that there is no way a civilian could complete all the docs and have a FS letter by next month even if they were close to the age limit. I really didn't want to go that quick and I wish I had a little more time to prepare, but atleast I'll get it over with quicker!

I also asked about the primary alternate and alternate thing, it sounds like the consensus on here is correct. Primary alternates are going to OCS, but not until the official quotas come out for FY-12. regular alternates are up after that (going into FY-13 if need be).

So... as I was driving in to work this morning my OR called me, with good news that I've been waiting for 26 years!

They have the FS letter sent out on Sept 23 and is awaiting signature from the head honcho. Since I am age critical, a couple of people made a few phone calls (whoever you are, I am very grateful and thank you!) and got me a class date of OCT30, and because of that they had to bump somebody up to January so I could take his/her spot. If all goes well administratively, I swear in the next couple of weeks.

Many thanks to the hardworking folks at Millington and NRD Los Angeles, you guys rock!

DKM

Just found out that I was professionally recommended.. Does anyone know what the projection is until the OCS class dates for people selected on this board?

DKM

So... as I was driving in to work this morning my OR called me, with good news that I've been waiting for 26 years!

They have the FS letter sent out on Sept 23 and is awaiting signature from the head honcho. Since I am age critical, a couple of people made a few phone calls (whoever you are, I am very grateful and thank you!) and got me a class date of OCT30, and because of that they had to bump somebody up to January so I could take his/her spot. If all goes well administratively, I swear in the next couple of weeks.

Many thanks to the hardworking folks at NRD Los Angeles, you guys rock!

Congrats!! Got the same news, hopefully we can get going soon!!

cmcalvert

Sep-11 SNA Pro Rec
What's the minimum heads up they give on OCS dates? I'm right on the age cutoff, so my FS letter may have a November date in it. If it does, would I have the option to roll back to January or so? I'll go when I need to go, but for reasons I won't get into here, it would probably be better for me to go in Jan/Feb than November.

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
This "jackass" has a lot of helpful information to provide you if you're willing to listen. I was prior enlisted Army, and I had to jump through a shit ton of hoops to get to the point I am today. That is, I am currently a commissioned officer and I'm in the flight training program, doing what you would like to be doing. I also have looked in to flying for the Army, so I can help you with that route if you're particularly interested.

My point to my previous post was this: If you're going to vent, go have a drink with some friends and have them pat you on the back and tell you it'll be okay. If you come in here complaining about the process, and telling us that we're full of it because we say that "Grades aren't everything." Like I said. . .we've been there before, I was limited on time too and I had shitty grades. This board is here to support you in your quest to become a Naval Officer. If you don't want advice, don't come on here complaining. ESPECIALLY don't call a commissioned officer a jackass. I'm sure you wouldn't do it to my face, and though I don't expect you to call me sir on here, or type at the position of attention, I do expect that you would at least be courteous and respectful. If you're going to be disrespectful, I'm going to call it like I see it . . . hence my comments about your playing the blame game. If you want any help, advice, or encouragement . . . or if you want to further insult me, please feel free to do so via P.M. I'd be more than happy to have a civil discourse with you.

^Ditto,
This guy is an Army hero for getting into the Navy to fly! Now back to ground pounding and finishing degree, i'll live vicariously through eas7888!

JEP

Looks like my dream of flying in Navy came and went.. No NFO board scheduled, and no SNA board until next spring.. My waiver expires July 12.. Just got e-mail from Fleet/OCS Processor.. and its monsooning here.. awesome day

They are having a November board from what I am hearing for SNA. Things change so much though you never know. I am shooting for the November board date. Keep me updated and I will do the same.

bwh06b

FS SNA
A buddy heard from his recruiter that the civilian Pro Recs might also be heading out as early as that November class Millsra is going to. Anyone heard anything like that?

I wouldn't think that would be true, otherwise that would suck for me since I'm ready to head out. I was pro rec'd back last November, MEPS in January, FS in March, got an OCS date in July for 12 FEB 2012. So, if they're putting you guys ahead of me from back then lucky you, but I wouldn't expect that to happen.

Fastdak25

Pro-Rec'd IW
:)

Hi Miguel,
Same here. I got a email notification from the Fleet OCS saying I needed to resubmit updated medical and that was Sept 12. I submitted all of my new ones to them on Sept 21 and they reported to me today that they have everything they need and would be forwarding my documents to medical today... So now hopefully the next time I hear from them it will be with a FS letter/Class Date.

Sup Prissy,

I haven't recieved any emails from the processors about my package. I'm assuming that means that no further paperwork or resubmits are needed from me, but I just emailed the processor to verify that all my paperwork is till good. I also told them that my TS-SCI clearance is good to go and asked if I need to submit a new JPAS printout. I'm trying to avoid anything that would delay the process of my FS letter. Hopefully you and miguel don't get delayed by this. Did you have your TS-SCI already in your package, or is your investigation still on-going?

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
Can i vent without having a jackass like yourself try and drop knowledge...

Im not a big fan either of just an N for the status. I would like some kind of a reason..Maybe they didnt have an opening for me to go to OCS before i hit 29?
And i wasnt talking before about an appeal, on the 1420.1b instruction there is a way to apply for a reconsideration within 6 months.. Anybody know anything about that?

Easy there. Better show some respect as you never know who lurks around here.