• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

Lucy

Also for the resubmit, use tangiable evidence. GPA change increase, number of volunteer hours worked, completition of X, Y, Z, new responsibilities, etc. Be to the point, but cover how you have done multiple things to improve yourself and your ability to serve as an Officer. Much closer to a resume/much more direct than your motovational statment.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Here this was some info that was passed onto me for alternates:

"Pilot
To provide clarification, please begin processing all applicants that were recommended as a Primary, Primary Alternate or Alternate. Please ensure that the applicants' expectations for shipping are properly set. Primaries will have the priority for FY12 seats and the Primary Alternates will have the first opportunity to make up for any losses through withdrawal or medical evaluation. Alternates will be offered an FY12 seat on a first come first serve basis once all Primary and Primary Alternate candidates are exhausted and if FY12 quotas are available. NRC does not have an approved FY12 goal for the Active Component and the ultimate placement of these PRORECS will be determined by that goal."

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA

"Pilot
To provide clarification, please begin processing all applicants that were recommended as a Primary, Primary Alternate or Alternate. Please ensure that the applicants' expectations for shipping are properly set. Primaries will have the priority for FY12 seats and the Primary Alternates will have the first opportunity to make up for any losses through withdrawal or medical evaluation. Alternates will be offered an FY12 seat on a first come first serve basis once all Primary and Primary Alternate candidates are exhausted and if FY12 quotas are available. NRC does not have an approved FY12 goal for the Active Component and the ultimate placement of these PRORECS will be determined by that goal."

All I know is that first thing Monday morning I am headed to my OR office and meeting with my OR to set up MEPS and anything else. If I have to call in sick to get to MEPS this week I will

boostadikt

VFA-106
selected SNA secondary alternate

7/7/7/60
3.2 GPA in Aerospace engineering/ 3.73 engineering GPA, see as a freshmen I thought it would be cool to get all C's. It's harder to recover from that than you might think.... Funny thing is I had a nice piece written up about how I worked nonstop freshmen year, let school slide and how I found the motivation to improve later on. I put that in the applicants remarks not my motivational and right before the OR and I sent it in, he didn't like it there and we outright deleted it. I definitely regret that, seeing as any little push could've helped.

Anyway I'm trying to figure this all out, based on whats posted above it sounds to me like the Navy doesn't have any Idea what their FY12 quotas will actually be, so they selected 85 to be safe, the primary alternates will be selected as the quota exceeds 85, and then once it has exhausted the extra 28 off the primary list, the secondary alternates will be pulled on a "First come first serve basis." Can anyone clarify exactly what that means? It sounds to me like they don't want to hold another board until their FY13 quota. Also does anyone know what the FY11 quota was so we can get a feel for numbers here? And lastly It said that "Naval Recruiting Command must receive all final selection documentation by 24OCT11." Seeing as how FY12 starts October 1st are they planning on having the quota all figured out and filled by the 24th? After that are the alternates declared null and if they need more we re-apply?

Based on the information, this is what I put together, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. "First come first serve" is really throwing me off here, if I have to call NRC every morning at 8AM and yell "FIRST" as loud as I can, that's what I'll do.

Fastdak25

Pro-Rec'd IW
I still won't receive my FS letter for around 3 weeks, so that is normal you haven't heard anything. The only reason they talked to me about dates is because I am coming up on the age max. They just penciled me in, and held a spot on Nov 27. You probably won't need any additional paperwork, you'll just have to wait for the FS letter. If you haven't heard anything at the three week mark, I would call the Fleet OCS processor.

Its been almost 4 weeks since i recieve my pro-rec. Being as I have not recieved any calls or emails from CNRC require addition documents or waivers, I am guessing none are needed as I have seen other active duty members contacted very quickly to turn in addition paperwork needed. I'll try to contact the processors on monday. My ship is at sea right now, not sure if that would slow down anything, but BUPERs says on the notice of pro-rec my command would be notified via email. I would like to get into that Nov class before it if fills up, if not January.

egd33

pilot
Contributor
I am confused as to what exactly "receiving all final selection documentation by 24OCT11" entails. SF86 is done, but I have to get my physical in the coming weeks, but my main concern deals with the PRK I had. My 6 months post op will literally be a few days after the deadline. Is this going to cause me any trouble, or is that dealt with separately? What will they do/say at my physical if I am a week or 2 short of 6 months when I go? I just want to make sure I am at no risk of losing my prorec over a few days. From what I read in the recruiting manual a while back I believe it said up to two 30 days extensions are possible, but it is all so confusing.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I am confused as to what exactly "receiving all final selection documentation by 24OCT11" entails.

Yes extensions are possible. Basically you just have to get the paperwork in order so you can submit for a FS. If you want to know what that entails you can search for it but you have basically stated what is needed for a FS.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor

"Pilot

Sounds like I was spot on. The Navy appears to be using the AF system presently...

mjv305

ENS SNA
Looks like my dream of flying in Navy came and went.. No NFO board scheduled, and no SNA board until next spring.. My waiver expires July 12.. Just got e-mail from Fleet/OCS Processor.. and its monsooning here.. awesome day

miguel

Pro-Rec INTEL Aug board
Miguel,
I surely will let you know! ;)Maybe we will get in the same class. I see on the boards people are already saying they are classed up for March classes already....! What is your speculation on when we will receive our Final Select and attend OCS?
Hey PRISSY just wondering if you have heard anything from OCS. I got a letter saying to resubmit my medical stuff and I took care of that already so I am just waiting again. How about you, anything new?

dhinkle5

pilot
Strange scenario for me...
Pro-rec last week for SNA, however I just got out of the hospital last night after having my appendix removed. Anyone have any idea how that might slow down my MEPS physical? I posted to the docs thread but didn't hear anything. Thanks for any info!

Pilot Paul

Pro Rec SNA
A buddy heard from his recruiter that the civilian Pro Recs might also be heading out as early as that November class Millsra is going to. Anyone heard anything like that?

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
I just talked to the OCS guys today and they said that they are saving the November and January dates for Pro Rec's that are dangerously close to the age limit(civilians included). Since I still have 10 months on my waiver they offered me Feb or next month on the 30th...I took next month. I guess they figured that there is no way a civilian could complete all the docs and have a FS letter by next month even if they were close to the age limit. I really didn't want to go that quick and I wish I had a little more time to prepare, but atleast I'll get it over with quicker!

I also asked about the primary alternate and alternate thing, it sounds like the consensus on here is correct. Primary alternates are going to OCS, but not until the official quotas come out for FY-12. regular alternates are up after that (going into FY-13 if need be).

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
Millsra, does that mean you're in the 30 October class now, instead of 27 November? If so, welcome to class 06-12! We've got 17 members of the class on a Facebook group, and you're welcome to join.