• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

Thanks alot. I am very satisfied with everything right now and am really looking forward to my future in the military in either the Air Force or the Navy.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Selected!
Just found out that I have been selected by the Air Force OTS Board for a Pilot spot with them! I am pretty excited about it and am glad I get to look forward to flight school rather than hope for it. At least I know I got in somewhere. If I get picked up for the Navy too my wife and I will have to figure out what is best for us and our future and take that option.

That's awesome! Hopefully the Navy picks you too, although you will have one hell of a decision ahead of you!

Stalin

Thanks alot. I am very satisfied with everything right now and am really looking forward to my future in the military in either the Air Force or the Navy.
Hey man, same fight. Do what is best for you! Congrats! I didn't even know the AF gave out pilot slots prior to OCS...

Yeah, it is a very similar process. With the Air Force they will make sure you get a flight physical approved before going through OTS though.

Stalin

Yeah, it is a very similar process. With the Air Force they will make sure you get a flight physical approved before going through OTS though.
Wow I wish I would have known that 18 months ago. Oh well, the Navy will be just as fun :D

cmcalvert

Sep-11 SNA Pro Rec
Millsra13, I know everything's subject to change until the last minute, but are we still thinking tomorrow could be the day? I don't want to put you in a bad position by asking when I know there's no way to know for sure... but I'm just wondering if you heard anything else today. Thanks again for your insight!

intelkw

I second this motion...

Millsra13, I know everything's subject to change until the last minute, but are we still thinking tomorrow could be the day? I don't want to put you in a bad position by asking when I know there's no way to know for sure... but I'm just wondering if you heard anything else today. Thanks again for your insight!

shutout39

pilot
I second this motion...

Millsra is on vacay and will be back in the office tomorrow. I believe he said he will have better info once he checks in. Lord knows I will be on here every 30 seconds waiting for someone to say the results are out. Also, I realized this on Friday: every time my phone rings my stomach drops a bit. Anyone else? No big deal it only affects the rest of my life...

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
Millsra is on vacay and will be back in the office tomorrow. I believe he said he will have better info once he checks in. Lord knows I will be on here every 30 seconds waiting for someone to say the results are out. Also, I realized this on Friday: every time my phone rings my stomach drops a bit. Anyone else? No big deal it only affects the rest of my life...

And you know what? If you do not get selected, you reevaluate and counterattack. There are MANY people (myself included) you submitted multiple times. I don't know if you are a member of usnavyocs, but there is a fellow there who just got pro reced AFTER some ungodly amount of applications. This is NOT an easy haul and, quite frankly, I'm glad it isn't. This process shows your passion and drive to become a US NAVAL OFFICER. Stay calm and carry on.

I wish everyone the best of luck next week.

fridgeharmonics

pro rec'd SNA; OCS 29 July

I totally feel the same way. I'm incredibly anxious to find out, but the same time terribly scared.

GreenLantern330

And you know what? If you do not get selected, you reevaluate and counterattack. There are MANY people (myself included) you submitted multiple times. I don't know if you are a member of usnavyocs, but there is a fellow there who just got pro reced AFTER some ungodly amount of applications. This is NOT an easy haul and, quite frankly, I'm glad it isn't. This process shows your passion and drive to become a US NAVAL OFFICER. Stay calm and carry on.

I wish everyone the best of luck next week.

Unless, of course, you're past the age limit and non prior.