• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

Pilot Paul

Pro Rec SNA
So for those who are selected during this board do you think they could expect the same class date timeframe as Stalin? Around February or March?

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor

So for those who are selected during this board do you think they could expect the same class date timeframe as Stalin? Around February or March?

Paul, probably not. He is receiving his final select right now. If you are professionally recommended from this board, you still have to have your physical approved, among other things, to get your final select. That means, you could be waiting another month (absolutely best case scenario) to 3 months (more likely) all the way up to another year, depending on issues. Speculating your OCS report date right now is at best a shot in the dark.

ChiefM

IDC Board results are out. I did not get selected. It would seem that all IDC billets for FY-12 (on the active side) are taken. Big Navy wants to save dollars by hiring folks for reservist slots. Seems pretty financially sound, actually.

fjauliveld

IDC Board results are out. I did not get selected. It would seem that all IDC billets for FY-12 (on the active side) are taken. Big Navy wants to save dollars by hiring folks for reservist slots. Seems pretty financially sound, actually.
Chief,

If you don't mind me asking, what was your ASTB score?

Surfacewarrior

Chief,
How did you find out the results were out? I have been lookin in BOL and I don't see anything.

fjauliveld

Results won't be posted to BOL for about a week. Chief may have got the results directly from the processor, but official status on BOL isn't out yet.

Paul, probably not. He is receiving his final select right now. If you are professionally recommended from this board, you still have to have your physical approved, among other things, to get your final select. That means, you could be waiting another month (absolutely best case scenario) to 3 months (more likely) all the way up to another year, depending on issues. Speculating your OCS report date right now is at best a shot in the dark.

I thought that most recruiters were recommending to get a physical done before the actual submission. Did anyone else already have their MEPS physical. I got mine all squared away from the Air Force and just had it transferred to the Navy so mine was already complete

GreenLantern330

I thought that most recruiters were recommending to get a physical done before the actual submission. Did anyone else already have their MEPS physical. I got mine all squared away from the Air Force and just had it transferred to the Navy so mine was already complete

My OR won't let me do a physical until pro-rec.

fjauliveld

So....Being a Career Counselor and ESO for my Command, I have access to the Board results page for my UIC. The Board results page has been updated with links for the Intel and IW 24 August Boards. The list has not been populated as of yet, but I assume this is preparation for load within the next few days. I know the list hasn't been populated because I have several Sailors in my Command that applied to both of these boards. Regardless of selection status, you will see your results via BOL i.e. Pro Rec, Non-select, or Alternate.

ChiefM

My OAR was a 47. I originally scored a 44 when I was pro-rec'd for SWO. Had to study a bit to bring it up. But, while the OAR was a bit low, everything else was solid. The whole-person concept is utilized, so I wasn't too worried about the OAR. That is just one factor.

I was told that the INTEL community decided not to grant the age waiver (to age 42) that they normally would. Probably another cost-saving measure. That would mean my package never made it past the first look. Thier loss. It always stings to hear that you are "too old to lead".

Looking at my record of service, and the fact that I pro-rec'd in the past (denied again due to age), I'd challenge any one of those who actually got selected to compare thier package to mine. Guaranteed not many of them have an O8, O6x3, etc for interviews (with all 10's), as well as the evals, awards and warfare quals I have.

The age numbers just didn't fall my way for INTEL, and the billet availibility numbers didn't fall anyone's way for IP. There is another board in Spring for IP. I'm considering re-applying, since there were no IP billets available for FY-12 (and they didn't select IP for FY-13 on this board).

For anyone who did not get selected on this look: a big key to this is consistency. Keep applying, if this is what you want. If you know that you are more qualified or have better officer potential than someone else who got selected- figure out what you have to do to get that point accross to the board members.

Congrats to all who got selected. Good luck to all who are still in the process, and good luck to those who will go up again as soon as possible!

fjauliveld

My OAR was a 47. I originally scored a 44 when I was pro-rec'd for SWO. Had to study a bit to bring it up. But, while the OAR was a bit low, everything else was solid. The whole-person concept is utilized, so I wasn't too worried about the OAR. That is just one factor.

I was told that the INTEL community decided not to grant the age waiver (to age 42) that they normally would. Probably another cost-saving measure. That would mean my package never made it past the first look. Thier loss. It always stings to hear that you are "too old to lead".

Looking at my record of service, and the fact that I pro-rec'd in the past (denied again due to age), I'd challenge any one of those who actually got selected to compare thier package to mine. Guaranteed not many of them have an O8, O6x3, etc for interviews (with all 10's), as well as the evals, awards and warfare quals I have.

All of your other stats, minus the age, was why I inquired about your OAR. I know they use the whole-person concept, and that's why I was surprised about your non-selection. Sorry to hear they didn't grant you an age waiver to get you past the first look. I wish you the best of luck on your re-submission.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I got my final select SNA! I was a weird case, I was pro-rec'd last October and my conditional release to get out of the Army took forever. I was up for this board but they decided not to put it on the board due to the large number of applicants, and they went ahead and gave me my final select. OCS on Feb 12, 2012.... Good luck to everyone!

Who made that decision?

ChiefM

All of your other stats, minus the age, was why I inquired about your OAR. I know they use the whole-person concept, and that's why I was surprised about your non-selection. Sorry to hear they didn't grant you an age waiver to get you past the first look. I wish you the best of luck on your re-submission.

Yeah, it stings a bit. No big deal though. My job rocks, and its not like its my last chance to apply for a commission.