• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

GreenLantern330

I've heard a lot of mixed things on this... is it possible to apply for let's say Army OCS or Marine OCS while applying for Navy OCS at the same time?

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
I've heard a lot of mixed things on this... is it possible to apply for let's say Army OCS or Marine OCS while applying for Navy OCS at the same time?

Yes, though I don't know how thrilled they would be if you told them you were in the process for other services...

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor

I was applying to ANG units at the same time as the Navy... I wouldn't go talking about it to each and every branch but if they ask just be honest. You may need to be prepared to convince them that you are more interested in them than the other branches though... Good Luck!

I am applying to both AFOTS and Navy OCS. When I started the process with the Navy, the Air Force OTS selections were all cancelled, since I started applying, they came back online and will be releasing their selections on the 9th of next month-ish. My Navy recruiter knew I had applied and they were cancelled, and when I found out they were back online, I told him about it and asked if it affects my naval application. He said no. "If you get selected for both you need to determine which one best fits your needs" were his words. He was very professional about it. I think honesty is the best policy. My Air Force recruiter and I haven't spoken in about a year or so other than him saying that I will find out next month. I haven't told him yet as it hasn't really seemed necessary at this point considering everything is done.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Hahahathe Army is really that bad?

Well, the way I explain it to people is: I'm thankful for everything that the Army enabled me to do, but never in my life would I want to do it again. If you fly for the Army, I'm sure your life would probably be MUCH nicer than it was for me driving a truck. I just can't help but take jabs at the Army, now that I'm out.

GreenLantern330

Well, the way I explain it to people is: I'm thankful for everything that the Army enabled me to do, but never in my life would I want to do it again. If you fly for the Army, I'm sure your life would probably be MUCH nicer than it was for me driving a truck. I just can't help but take jabs at the Army, now that I'm out.

Completely understandable. Thanks for the insight!

TheBirdy

pilot

I tried talking to a Marine OSO while I was in the process of applying to the Navy. The Marine OSO interviewed me and when I told him I took the ASTB for the Navy, he told me that he will only work with me when I was done with the Navy. My OR told me that they kinda frown upon "double-dipping" so to speak.