• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

They have officially announced the delay in the pilot board to the 30th like millsra13 said. At least my recruiter just sent me an email about it.

vmiclarkpe

Don't get discouraged! From the time I first went into my OR's office to my commissioning date was over 3 years. I still think it was worth it though.

With how long all of us have been waiting what is a few more days? It isn't going to change OCS dates at all. So just a few more days to practice the waiting game.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Tell me about it. When I had given up ALL hope (and not simply forgotten - this was after my first board), guess who I saw out at the local Thai restaurant in NOLA? Taylor Hackford.

Who is Taylor Hackford, you might ask? None other than...THE EMMING EFFING DIRECTOR OF "AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN!"

Damn straight.

howyoulikemenowgoldteethwhenismiletrytotakemeouttheghettobutimstillbuckwild...
Lol, yea it's like the universe is trying to tell us something.. How did you even know it was him.. I would've never recognized him, because I never knew of him until now and still have no idea what he looks like.

millsra,

Yea I'm in the same boat the way these boards are going this is probably my last shot too. I will already need an age waiver but thankfully I'm prior service..

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
Apparently it was nothing more than a Change of Command that delayed the boards. I know deadlines were last month but hopefully this will help me sneak into this board! I have my fingers crossed.....

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
I know fleet applicants sometimes have a little more give as far as when things can be submitted since they are already in the Navy and I have no experience submitting documents after a package has been submitted. I do know that they like to have everything submitted at once regardless of whether you are Fleet or not. With paper work like that things tend to get lost from time to time. In any case I wish you luck!

GreenLantern330

@ Greenlantern...most likely at MEPS or OCS you'll have to take this ADD test they have as well.

How do you know this if you don't mind me asking? I was instructed by my OR that the standard way MEPS deals with this is to get documentation from my doctor stating I'm no longer on meds and my academic performance hasn't diminished at the same time. Idk, as long as I don't have to pay for the test since it's quite expensive...

VTFlyer

This board cant come soon enough! This is what I feel is my only remaining option other than Army Warrant Pilot :/

I have been turned down from all Air National Guard/Air Force slots because of a juvenile marijuana misdemeanor possession charge (11 years ago!) even though I served on active in the Navy for 5 years with a security clearance.

I am praying that the prior waivers I received from the Navy will be enough for the board not to hold it against me. I know I already posted it once but I'll put up my specs for shits and giggles.

26/m
Prior Navy '04-'09 AT2(AW)
US Navy Good Conduct Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War of Terrorism Service Medal, Sea Service Deployment Ribbon
BA History Virginia Tech 3.55 GPA
60 flights hours and PPL
President/founder of Student Veterans Org
multiple honors societies and scholarships
LORs: retired 05 US Air Captain, retired 06 Army, various faculty members
6/7/7 50 (I got a 6/6/7 52 the first time haha, dont know if i'm going to retake again)

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
This is what I feel is my only remaining option other than Army Warrant Pilot :/

I have been turned down from all Air National Guard/Air Force slots because of a juvenile marijuana misdemeanor possession charge (11 years ago!) even though I served on active in the Navy for 5 years with a security clearance.

Glad to hear this is your second to last option!

Did you ever get to formally interview with any ANG units?

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
Lol, yea it's like the universe is trying to tell us something.. How did you even know it was him.. I would've never recognized him, because I never knew of him until now and still have no idea what he looks like.

millsra,

Yea I'm in the same boat the way these boards are going this is probably my last shot too. I will already need an age waiver but thankfully I'm prior service..

I might have dabbled in screenwriting at some point in my life...

VTFlyer

Glad to hear this is your second to last option!

Did you ever get to formally interview with any ANG units?

haha, the Navy was always my first option! I have been waiting for over a year with all the set backs and delays with navy pilot boards so I started to apply to Air Force units. I never formally interviewed with any of them all though i visited the units and meet board members. All had the same thing to say. With the large amount of applicants it was to difficult to justify a waiver for me when they had just as qualified people who didnt need one. The waivers went above the units, whether they liked me or not the higher ups wouldn't approve it. :/