• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

ruby416

Just thought I'd give an update in the magical place of Millington...The board was pushed to the 25th because of board member scheduling and our change of command, not a big deal, 3 days is nothing. The good news is they are taking all pilot slots! We are looking at a 30% selection rate, which is what the fleet processors told me, but I verified it from a source higher than E-5. (OCS manager). Good luck to us all!

@Greenlantern330 - I'd leave your OAR for your first board and see what happens. If you were going for SNA I might say retake, but it is probably better to focus on improving other areas of your package now (get a LOR from a congressman, volunteer, join clubs and honor societies if you haven't already)
Millsra: Do you have any news about the next Supply board? I know the Aug one is cancelled for sure thou.... thank you!

cmcalvert

Sep-11 SNA Pro Rec
Correction to my earlier post, the board is going to happen the 23rd and the 24th, the Change of Command is on the 25th...whoops.

It'll be sometime in September before we hear the results though right? How long does it usually take? Two weeks or so?

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Usually takes a week or two, I'll let everyone know when they are released so you can start hounding you recruiters!

Ruby - I still don't know/haven't heard any rumors about the next supply boards. My guess is we will know something in October or late September.

ruby416

Ruby could you tell me who said supply board is cancelled. I have not been notified that it was.
Poncevet: I do not know if you are a civilian applicant or fleet applicant. I am a fleet applicant and I have been informed by OCS fleet processor, he said the July board took the rest of slots of FY12, and they do not have the FY13 board schedule for Supply Corp....

This one is directed at Millsra13, on the USNavyOCS forums, a poster stated that he spoke with his recruiter today and found that the August 22nd boards began early and are already in progress. Any truth to that one?

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Unfortunately not, and I was actually told today that they once again moved it. Now it is scheduled for the 30th and the 31st...which sucks! Our Chief of Staff (O-6) wants to chair this board, so they are having to tailor it to his schedule. I almost didn't want to post the schedule change just in case it changes again, but what I can do is post once the board actually begins. I will then post when the results are released so you don't have to do any guessing. Wish I had better news, I was pretty disappointed knowing that I have to spend another week biting my nails and losing sleep!

SDPilot6

Unfortunately not, and I was actually told today that they once again moved it. Now it is scheduled for the 30th and the 31st...which sucks! Our Chief of Staff (O-6) wants to chair this board, so they are having to tailor it to his schedule. I almost didn't want to post the schedule change just in case it changes again, but what I can do is post once the board actually begins. I will then post when the results are released so you don't have to do any guessing. Wish I had better news, I was pretty disappointed knowing that I have to spend another week biting my nails and losing sleep!

Millsra - Which Chief of Staff are you speaking of, The COS, Naval Air Forces? If so, is this a new selection, within the past few months, or the same COS from the past couple years?

I'm a civilian applicant by the way. Thanks for the info!

Stalin

Every day that goes by I get more and more anxious. The US military's budget is going to be cut, it is only a matter of when. Has the Navy already cut slots across the board, or is there a chance that someone might get pro-rec'd or even final selected, only to lose the slot when the budget gets cut? I mean, I'm sure the Navy knows the budget will be reduced and has already compensated, but you never know... any insight on this? This board can't convene soon enough :(

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Every day that goes by I get more and more anxious. The US military's budget is going to be cut, it is only a matter of when. Has the Navy already cut slots across the board, or is there a chance that someone might get pro-rec'd or even final selected, only to lose the slot when the budget gets cut? I mean, I'm sure the Navy knows the budget will be reduced and has already compensated, but you never know... any insight on this? This board can't convene soon enough :(

There is no need to worry about something that is completely out of your control.

JEP

^ Agreed above, they cut 400 billion from what I have heard, the current and oh so great administration would like to gut the military if they could, but from the looks of it Panetta and Admiral Mullen are standing their ground and saying no more. I believe everything will be alright due to many other circumstances. The military is always going to need boots on the ground and air. They project years in advanced of what they need as you know. You may also know some people are calling this upcoming pilot shortage for the next 5 years BS, but it is not. There was an article that US airways published along with the Pilot Unions saying there will be a pilot retiring every 16 hours when 2012 comes around. When there is time to jump ship in the military to go fly for a major airline or corporation (once the economy bounces back for corporate aviation), guys usually do it. High ranking officers especially because flying time in the military usually gets cut back the older they get to more desk jobs and commands of squadrons etc. Not saying that is bad I would love to command a squadron and fly sometimes too, but if they want to make more money flying. So if they can jump ship and retire they usually do and with all the talk of the current situation of retirement overhaul, I bet a lot of officers are going to jump with the talk of pilot jobs for the next five years and looking at saving their retirement. I believe this is a good case of sit back and just watch and wait and pray you will get selected that is all you can do. Be positive and never give up where there is a will, there is a way. I am working everyday little by little waiting to get my dream job training and praying for the board selection I am going for in April.

Tonkovich.J

^^The pilot shortage is definitely looking like a possibility. I read an article that British Airways is going hire over 800 new pilots now and until 2016. I think it is a safe bet to say that other airlines will follow suit. This may pan out to be a good situation for aspiring naval aviators like myself, as long as the applicants meet or excel in all required areas.

Reactions: JEP