• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

GreenLantern330

Random thought I just had... I tried searching to see if I could find what I had recalled someone saying on here, but couldn't find it so thought I'd just ask here. I believe it was said in one of the threads on AW that the way the whole process works is that you meet with your OR and get your package done and then it gets sent to your NRD and then if the processor at the NRD deems your application competitive enough, it gets sent. Is this correct? I know that as of now, all ORs have been instructed to only work with applicants who meet certain criteria (for example a at least a 50 OAR or higher)... I guess I'm asking this because I'm wondering if I should retake. Last time I saw my OR he was very happy with my OAR...which is a 50 (I'm going for supply and swo btw), but now I'm wondering if, when I eventually finish this freaking package, it would even make it to a board. When I initially began working with my OR, he expressed confidence in me as an applicant, so maybe I'm just worrying about nothing... but ORs have been wrong in the past so I figured I'd see what everyone else thinks about it.

cmcalvert

Sep-11 SNA Pro Rec
Random thought I just had... I tried searching to see if I could find what I had recalled someone saying on here, but couldn't find it so thought I'd just ask here. I believe it was said in one of the threads on AW that the way the whole process works is that you meet with your OR and get your package done and then it gets sent to your NRD and then if the processor at the NRD deems your application competitive enough, it gets sent. Is this correct? I know that as of now, all ORs have been instructed to only work with applicants who meet certain criteria (for example a at least a 50 OAR or higher)... I guess I'm asking this because I'm wondering if I should retake. Last time I saw my OR he was very happy with my OAR...which is a 50 (I'm going for supply and swo btw), but now I'm wondering if, when I eventually finish this freaking package, it would even make it to a board. When I initially began working with my OR, he expressed confidence in me as an applicant, so maybe I'm just worrying about nothing... but ORs have been wrong in the past so I figured I'd see what everyone else thinks about it.

I'd say retake but make sure your score improves. Don't rush the retake. My advice would be to start studying prior to retaking the test. Schedule it once you feel confident you're ready.

Lucy

Green- It is up to your OR to recommend you or not, after that it goes to the Officer Programs Officer to make the final yes or no. If it gets to your processor you should have already been Ok'd as far as that goes. Only other issue might be if the NRD submission gets numbers restricted and that causes a re-look at the all packages. Your OR I believe is "required" to tell you if you package gets kicked back though.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I'd say retake but make sure your score improves. Don't rush the retake. My advice would be to start studying prior to retaking the test. Schedule it once you feel confident you're ready.

Just a year ago people were getting accepted with 45's.. and 4's for line scores. Whole person concept still stands. Why not try at least once.. then improve the package if necessary for the second time. What if she retakes it and does worse? at least she meets the so called "competitive" OAR.

As far as the processor denying you I don't think that is completely accurate. I think it is the recruiter's job to turn away applicants who are not competitive. The processor just gathers, completes, and pushes the papers up the chain.. There are other important people who write comments on your application. Any one of those can reject it, or deem you unfit for the board.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Just thought I'd give an update in the magical place of Millington...The board was pushed to the 25th because of board member scheduling and our change of command, not a big deal, 3 days is nothing. The good news is they are taking all pilot slots! We are looking at a 30% selection rate, which is what the fleet processors told me, but I verified it from a source higher than E-5. (OCS manager). Good luck to us all!

@Greenlantern330 - I'd leave your OAR for your first board and see what happens. If you were going for SNA I might say retake, but it is probably better to focus on improving other areas of your package now (get a LOR from a congressman, volunteer, join clubs and honor societies if you haven't already)

fjauliveld

Millsra,

Did they push the IDC board as well? I have a few buddies who are in competition for some of the IDC designators. Would be helpful to let them know if it got pushed. Thanks again for all your information.[/quote]

GreenLantern330

Thanks for the info everyone! Think I'll keep the score I have for now and if nonselect then retest. Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back from this month's selection board!

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
I don't know anything about IDC, the only reason I know about SWO/NFO/Pilot is because they are done in house at CNRC.

neppler

In 10 miles, turn left on V198...recalculating...
None
I haven't heard anything about anything from anyone. Jeez, guess I'll keep waiting.
I was just informed that I wasn't selected for SC. Not sure if anyone else has heard anything.

PONCEVET

I have been checking out this thread for a while now. It has great information. Well good luck to all who have packages at this board. I'm a fleet guy submitted my OCS package for SC/IP/IW.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Correction to my earlier post, the board is going to happen the 23rd and the 24th, the Change of Command is on the 25th...whoops.