• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

GreenLantern330

I was hoping to get in for Supply... but due to my OR being gone a lot and some medical stuff... that I have finally cleared up, I wasn't able to get in. In fact, I went by my OR's office today... and he hasn't even started my file yet even though he has my moto statement, application documents, LORs, ASTB scores, transcripts... he's the best OR ever..:rolleyes:

Congrats to fjauliveld, though!!! Hope to join you as a chop some day!

Kay

I have not heard anything. I called my OR after I read the post but she is on vacation until next week...so, the wait continues.

fjauliveld

Thanks, GreenLantern!! Hope to see you in the fleet as well.

Just a little info I received; 13 selects at this board which convened on 21 July. 6 were fleet applicants like myself, 7 were civilians. Hope this at least gives you guys something to work with.

Also, if anybody's interested, I'd be happy to review your application/personal statements. I'm also more than happy to provide a copy of mine for you guys. I'm committed on paying this forward. Remember, fleet applicants have a max of 250 words for our personal statement, so mine may be considerably shorter than yours.

Reactions: ODU

ruby416

Thanks, GreenLantern!! Hope to see you in the fleet as well.

Just a little info I received; 13 selects at this board which convened on 21 July. 6 were fleet applicants like myself, 7 were civilians. Hope this at least gives you guys something to work with.

Also, if anybody's interested, I'd be happy to review your application/personal statements. I'm also more than happy to provide a copy of mine for you guys. I'm committed on paying this forward. Remember, fleet applicants have a max of 250 words for our personal statement, so mine may be considerably shorter than yours.
Just got the word from fleet processor: The july board of SC selected rest of the slots for FY12, and they are not sure when is the nxt will be.... im not 100% sure if this is what happening right now, but if you are one of the applicant who applied for SC Aug board, u may wanna check with ur CCC or OR....

Surfacewarrior

26 y/o M Active duty (IT1 SW/AW)
OAR 44 4/5/4
Applying IP/CWE/SNA/IW (Pro rec'd for SWO/IP in August 2010 board. After waiting for a class date for almost a year, found out no SWO quotas for OCS)
BBA in Management Information Technology Northwood University GPA 3.41
MS in Information Technology Management Trident University International GPA 3.85
Outstanding Medium last 5 PRTs
All EP evals
LOR from RDML, 3 O-6, 2 O-5, 1 E-9, 1 Graduate Program Professor, 1 Professor Martime Academy

Anyone know when the board date is?

fjauliveld

26 y/o M Active duty (IT1 SW/AW)
OAR 44 4/5/4
Applying IP/CWE/SNA/IW (Pro rec'd for SWO/IP in August 2010 board. After waiting for a class date for almost a year, found out no SWO quotas for OCS)
BBA in Management Information Technology Northwood University GPA 3.41
MS in Information Technology Management Trident University International GPA 3.85
Outstanding Medium last 5 PRTs
All EP evals
LOR from RDML, 3 O-6, 2 O-5, 1 E-9, 1 Graduate Program Professor, 1 Professor Martime Academy

Anyone know when the board date is?

IP/IW/SNA all convene on the 22nd. Don't know when CWE convenes as it is not on the board list. You shoul be able to contact the fleet processor and find that information out. If you get selected CWE, you won't go to OCS. You'll go straight to ODS, and commission as soon as you get there. So that would be nice for you. I hope it all works out. Here's the link to the board sched: http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/NOTICES/Master N31 FY11 BOARDSHEET 15Apr11.pdf

Lucy

Well its official, I won't be up for this board. Package didn't make it in prior to the April cancellation notice. SWO isn't selecting anyhow though. Ah well, what's an extra six months? :p

CBR11

Does anyone know how the relatively large number of intended SNA selects from this board will affect pilot boards in the near future? I'm kind of nervous that any intended SNA boards held in FY12 or FY13 might severely trimmed or cancelled due to the number of SNAs taken from this board. The recent quota trends for other designators (SWO, INTEL) aren't encouraging either.