• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

fjauliveld

Millsra,

I started a conversation with you to ask a few questions. Check out your inbox at the top of the page when you get a chance.

Pilot Paul

Pro Rec SNA
Does anyone know the exact date of the board? I know the submission deadline is the 18th or 28th (can't remember which.)

JEP

I heard it is the 28th. Although looking at everything I still have to do I do not know if I will make the august board. Plus looking at the competition at the start of the thread looks intimidating as everyone has been saying. Once I get the score I need coming up on the ASTB I will lay my package out there for everyone to see. Good luck everyone.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Anyone else notice it's like pulling teeth to get someone to respond to you at the NRD.... I sent my processor an email twice asking me to update me on the status that he had recieved my email because I sent him all my extra additions I wanted to make sure gets added to MY package. I even followed up with, "please let me know you got my last email".. Like it shouldn't be an option to respond if you want to.. And I'm sick of people saying it's because they're busy...That excuse is old and doesn't hold a lot of weight. I'm busy too! I work 25 hrs at a stressful job, while taking summer school Engineering math classes for grad school, with 5-6 hrs of hw a night plus class time. I think it just comes down to, "eh.. I'll respond to the email when I get to it." Which is getting on my last nerves. It's their job to process us, and whether it is in the job description to communicate with us or not, it's in their best interest to communicate with the person they're processing. Anyone else annoyed with this whole process? This is my second time doing this and two years into it. The first time was hectic but at least my old processor made the effort to get in touch with me.

I put in the hard work of getting interviews and contacting my congressman and working hard for my additions to my package. I don't think I'm asking much for in a weeks time to respond to 1 of 2 emails.

GreenLantern330

Anyone else notice it's like pulling teeth to get someone to respond to you at the NRD.... I sent my processor an email twice asking me to update me on the status that he had recieved my email because I sent him all my extra additions I wanted to make sure gets added to MY package. I even followed up with, "please let me know you got my last email".. Like it shouldn't be an option to respond if you want to.. And I'm sick of people saying it's because they're busy...That excuse is old and doesn't hold a lot of weight. I'm busy too! I work 25 hrs at a stressful job, while taking summer school Engineering math classes for grad school, with 5-6 hrs of hw a night plus class time. I think it just comes down to, "eh.. I'll respond to the email when I get to it." Which is getting on my last nerves. It's their job to process us, and whether it is in the job description to communicate with us or not, it's in their best interest to communicate with the person they're processing. Anyone else annoyed with this whole process? This is my second time doing this and two years into it. The first time was hectic but at least my old processor made the effort to get in touch with me.

I put in the hard work of getting interviews and contacting my congressman and working hard for my additions to my package. I don't think I'm asking much for in a weeks time to respond to 1 of 2 emails.

I'm not having a hard time getting in touch with my processor... for me, it's my OR who seems to be on leave every other day. I can't even get my package done because he's always gone. As for emails, that's why I always put a receipt on it so as soon as they open it up, you'll get an email saying they've opened it up, and then they'll feel douchey not responding because they know you know.

I had a big problem with my first AFOTS recruiter not responding to my calls/emails. Then she left and I got a great one who basically picked up his phone whenever I called and I never had to even leave a voicemail. My OCS recruiter is the same way. I took me about 3 weeks to get put in contact with him but it was worth it. I probably talked to 10 or 15 enlisted recruiters/medical officer recruiters before I ever got in touch with him but like I said, I couldn't be happier. I ultimately ended up talking to a Master Cheif Petty Officer and outlined my qualifications and aptitude test scores and he put me in touch with my actual OR and mentioned he was the best one in the area. Like I said, I couldn't be happier. Sorry to rub it in...:) Hopefully the next time all our OR's get in touch with us will be to tell us we have been pro-rec'd and we won't have to worry about it again!

shutout39

pilot
I'm not having a hard time getting in touch with my processor... for me, it's my OR who seems to be on leave every other day. I can't even get my package done because he's always gone. As for emails, that's why I always put a receipt on it so as soon as they open it up, you'll get an email saying they've opened it up, and then they'll feel douchey not responding because they know you know.

I may be wrong but I think they can still choose not to send the receipt? I HATE when people ask me for one for your exact reason so I always click NO. Just sayin... lol

GreenLantern330

Yeah, you can click no, but I always send both receipts so they know that I know they've gotten it at least. They can click no so I don't know they've read it, but I feel like if someone sends a receipt it's because it's an important email or they would like a timely response.

asomm1

Got news from my recruiter on Wednesday. He emailed and said the Navy "came out with board info, the only board they are accepting applications for is pilot." (Of course, since this is AIRwarriors, that might not matter to most of you...). I'd put my app in for the August boards, so this means everything besides pilot boards are cancelled for the foreseeable future. I was told to wait until the FY 13 (OCS in FY 13) board schedules come out later this year to see what boards are scheduled for spring 2012.
If anyone has any other info, I'd love to hear it.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
Before anyone freaks out, I believe the other boards are still occurring in August (not sure which, however), they're just not accepting new applications. If your recruiter said you were already in, you should be good.

I don't know that I'm right for sure, but I'm anticipating a page of people being upset about that post.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
fattestfoot is right, I was told today by one of the processors that they ARE still having the NFO and SWO boards, but they are not taking any new apps. This was from a processor not the OCS manager, but he seemed pretty certain about it. Maybe that's why some ORs are telling you guys they cancelled the boards...they just cancelled boards for new applicants. SNA is still 100% on and still taking apps.

Lucy

Hmm wonder if mine was sent in for April or if it hadn't made it out before the board cancellation notice was sent. Very sucky if I'm not on the list. Not much to do about now though.

MGoBrew11

pilot
fattestfoot is right, I was told today by one of the processors that they ARE still having the NFO and SWO boards, but they are not taking any new apps. This was from a processor not the OCS manager, but he seemed pretty certain about it. Maybe that's why some ORs are telling you guys they cancelled the boards...they just cancelled boards for new applicants. SNA is still 100% on and still taking apps.

This post made my day. I hope to God that it is true.