• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
I would say that makes sense. However; from what I understand, they weren’t excepting applications for that entire 7-8 month period. Not to mention that millsra13 reported that they only had 200 submitted for the April board that didn't happen. I find it hard to believe that 1000 applicants were able to get in applications for SNA in just May and June. But, that is just my opinion.

I kinda have to agree. I highly doubt they're gonna get that many applicants. If ORs are anything like my OR, getting all the paper work done for that many applicants is impossible :icon_lol: I believe my OR said he'd have 6 applicants up for this board and I am pretty sure I'm the only SNA applicant

ruby416

My recruiter told me the same information. All boards are closed except SNA with an application due date by July 25th. He did mention that they are only accepting people who have had their application completed and have been sitting on the sidelines waiting. So if someone were to walk into a NRD that wants to start their pack for a chance to be in this August board would be turned away for now. He did mention that there are upwards of 1200 applicants and the target number for selection is 170. So 10-15% selection is what I'm hearing. Looks like it is going to be a tough board.

Hi, I did not read the entire thread, but does anybody know if the August Supply Board is still going on or been cancelled? I have not heard anything from the fleet processor (I am active member, so I have to apply OCS through them) regarding this. Thanks.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I kinda have to agree. I highly doubt they're gonna get that many applicants. If ORs are anything like my OR, getting all the paper work done for that many applicants is impossible :icon_lol: I believe my OR said he'd have 6 applicants up for this board and I am pretty sure I'm the only SNA applicant

Yea my OR has the no response syndrome for the past week..I've emailed him.. texted him.. and even called and left a message to no avail. Next step is to go to his office wearing a Verizon shirt and holding up a megaphone asking him if he can hear me now!

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
Yea my OR has the no response syndrome for the past week..I've emailed him.. texted him.. and even called and left a message to no avail. Next step is to go to his office wearing a Verizon shirt and holding up a megaphone asking him if he can hear me now!

Seriously, I usually talk to him every couple weeks, but when I need information he's no where to be found or contacted. What's going to suck is that he is going back out to sea duty in like a week, so now I'll need to deal with a new OR. I hope the SNA board doesn't get cancelled as well, been waiting around a year for a board to happen again, much like the rest of you.

Tonkovich.J

Seriously, I usually talk to him every couple weeks, but when I need information he's no where to be found or contacted. What's going to suck is that he is going back out to sea duty in like a week, so now I'll need to deal with a new OR. I hope the SNA board doesn't get cancelled as well, been waiting around a year for a board to happen again, much like the rest of you.

I'm in a very similar position as you. Whenever I'm in need of some new information my OR is nowhere to be found. I would email, leave voice mails on both cell/office phone, and text him as well. I've dealt with the same guy for 16 months and this has only been an issue recently. He is also leaving for a new assignment in August and I think he has already mentally checked out. I have been constantly trying to get his attention so I can have my package submitted for August which has been completed for almost 6 months. Minus any minor details that were updated or added since then. Luckily I was able to get a hold of him this afternoon and apparently the processor is currently in the works of submitting my packet. Hopefully this August board works out for me, because if it doesn't I will need to work with a new OR as well.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
My recruiter told me the same information. All boards are closed except SNA with an application due date by July 25th. He did mention that they are only accepting people who have had their application completed and have been sitting on the sidelines waiting. So if someone were to walk into a NRD that wants to start their pack for a chance to be in this August board would be turned away for now. He did mention that there are upwards of 1200 applicants and the target number for selection is 170. So 10-15% selection is what I'm hearing. Looks like it is going to be a tough board.

Yeah, your recruiter is mistaken. The OCS guys try not to let it get to more than 300 due to the amount of time it takes to complete the selection board. With 1200 applicants they would be there for probably 12 hours! The OCS program manager himself told me about a month ago that they had around 200 packages and were expecting around 300. There were 120 spots available for SNA, but he still didn't know if they would all be selected at one board or have another board later in the year. (probably 2 boards, but fingers crossed for one).

fjauliveld

millsra13,

Any truth to the "only SNA board" comment. As you know, I'm going for Supply, NFO, and AMDO. SWO option if no AMDO slots, was waiting on word from you. Thanks for all the insight, it's greatly appreciated.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
I personally have not heard that, but wouldn't doubt it. I know there aren't any NFO slots, but there were Supply, SWO options (very few), and AMDO when I checked. I'm on leave right now for the 4th of July, but when I get back I'll try to verify.

cmcalvert

Sep-11 SNA Pro Rec
I personally have not heard that, but wouldn't doubt it. I know there aren't any NFO slots, but there were Supply, SWO options (very few), and AMDO when I checked. I'm on leave right now for the 4th of July, but when I get back I'll try to verify.

So there won't be any NFO slots in Aug for sure? I was afraid I wouldn't be cleared (due to vision) for SNA, but my OR says I'm good... after being seen at MEPS, then an optometrist and an ophthalmologist on seperate apointments. Hopefully he's right... but to be honest I hadn't ruled out SNFO even if selected for SNA as well (despite being bashed in a different thread by several posters for having this consideration). Either one is good by me though. But I was still hoping SNFO would be open just in case.

...I wonder why my OR doesn't know SNFO is closed. I had SWO down as option #3 and he knew SWO was closed. I guess the answer is because nobody seems to know anything / everything for sure. That's the one thing you learn by being on this site. But I guess someone from Millington is more likely to know than someone from anywhere else.

I also greatly appreciate the insight!

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
Someone on NavyOCS (via email from their NRD) said SNA and Cyber Warfare for August, and SWO is closed through FY13.

Also, this is confirmed through NYUSN (not the SWO part, however).

GreenLantern330

I've had enough of that blog. All ORs have conflicting information. Just because he blogs about it doesn't mean his information is any better. He could be wrong about the upcoming boards or he could be right. But I'm tired of him acting like his advice and word are good.

egd33

pilot
Contributor
Took the ASTB today (computer version) and got a 7/7/7 59. I am sure the 45 minutes of sleep I managed last night did not help any(so anxious it took my 4 hours to fall asleep...misery!), nor leaving at 6AM to get to my NRD on time. Not as ridiculous as some of the scores I have seen on this thread, but my OR seemed really impressed and now wants to move on finishing my package ASAP (like by next week) to make sure it gets in for August since my GPA is also very high (3.84) and from a very prestigious school. I am very excited that I should be able to make this board with the uncertainty beyond it.