• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
Yes... or actually, if enough attrition in FY12 warrants a full board, which is unlikely.

GreenLantern330

Anyone know where I can find that excel sheet of the selected stats? I know it's on the nyusn blog, but I just the past half hour trying to find it and I couldn't. My OR has it too, but he's on leave, and I'm just curious to look at the numbers again.

GreenLantern330

Well, just got back from my OR. He said nothing about the August boards being cancelled... Then again, he knows I'm going for Supply. So, either he hasn't been informed of any board cancellations yet, or it just wasn't worth mentioning to me given the designator I'm applying for.

mrkeys25

20/M/Non-Prior

Applying SNA

School: University of Maryland - College Park
Degree: Aerospace Engineering
G.P.A: 3.446

ASTB: 7/8/8 58

Letters of Recommendation:
Navy O-9: Retired Vice Admiral / Family Friend
Navy O-7: Active Rear Admiral
Navy O-6: Active Captain / Supervisor and Program Manager
Navy O-6: Active Captain / Friend / Co-worker
U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania / Family Friend
Head of Aerospace Eng. Department at UMD / Academic Advisor
Professor at UMD / Neighbor
(Tried to get an even balance of officers who knew me and personal accounts)

Work Experience:
3 Summers, 1 Winter as an Engineering Tech at NAS Patuxent River for NAVAIR
Ritas (insignificant, but how bout them gelatis)

Awards and Honors:
Fall 2009, Spring 2011 Engineering Deans List.
Advanced Placement (AP) national scholar with distinction
National Honor Society member
Governor’s Scholastic Achievement Award
Academic Excellence in AP Physics
Science department student of the year
four years honor roll
“Best Accompanist” at Maryland State choir performance
certified tae kwon do black belt.
400 hrs+ Community Service Scholar

Extracurriculars and Sports
Physics and Engineering Club (President)
Student Government Association class representative
President of local church teen club
lead keyboard player in “pit” for high school musicals and church teen choir
Varsity Golf (3 years / Captain)
Varsity Baseball (2 years)
Varsity Soccer (1 year)
Varsity Lacrosse (2 years)

Well-written and clear motivational statement (though i don't know how outstanding it will be to the board)

Best of luck to everyone!

Lucy

Damn, talk about a good set of LORs and extracurrics.

Side note/update. New job with lots of responsibility (everything from event planning to student involvement to in charge of mentor program). Meeting with a few people down in San Diego when I am there next week. So far got a O-6 meet lined up, and should have a couple more. Getting my butt kicked in fitness boot camp!

Hope everyones start fo summer is going well.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
...sorry for the double post, but AND SCENE:

Just got confirmation from my OR: OCS boards in August for SNA and Cyber Warfare ONLY. No data on SUPPLY. All other communities, including SWO CONVENTIONAL closed. As of right now, no selections will be made for those graduating prior to 01 OCT 2012. When boards resume, they will be for those graduating AFTER 01 OCT 2012. I turn 29 immediately after that (OCT 2012), and therefore will be unable to be selected for any GENOFF position.

Graduating what? And what about those already done with college..

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I just spoke with my recruiter today, and he confirmed that all but SNA boards have been canceled for August. And it looks like I'll be in for these boards after all.

SodiumLeak

Whatever the case may be, noone should give up hope. Everything could be all speculation and they might hold all the boards as planned (being optimistic here!)

Tonkovich.J

My recruiter told me the same information. All boards are closed except SNA with an application due date by July 25th. He did mention that they are only accepting people who have had their application completed and have been sitting on the sidelines waiting. So if someone were to walk into a NRD that wants to start their pack for a chance to be in this August board would be turned away for now. He did mention that there are upwards of 1200 applicants and the target number for selection is 170. So 10-15% selection is what I'm hearing. Looks like it is going to be a tough board.

Lucy

Yep. Couple people I know are not being allowed to do packets until new board schedule comes out. Damn though, 1200 is a lot. No wonder they are not even thinking about FY13 yet.

Yeah, I really don't think the number 1200 is anywhere close to accurate considering the information millsra13 gave us earlier. But I don't know anything about it.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
I would hope that is 1200 total applicants, and not 1200 for SNA. If that's the case, I kind of feel bad for the board meeting in August if they've gotta dig through that many.

Tonkovich.J

I would hope that is 1200 total applicants, and not 1200 for SNA. If that's the case, I kind of feel bad for the board meeting in August if they've gotta dig through that many.

When he first told me 1200+ I was completely shocked. I could be mistaken that its the number of SNA applicants. All that was going through my mind at the time was damn that's a big number. But I do recall that during my first board submission in March of 2010 there was over 300 applicants, and the January board prior had a similar number. Considering it has been over 7-8 months since the last SNA board that number is not of question. A lot of people can have their packets done during that time.

I would say that makes sense. However; from what I understand, they weren’t accepting applications for that entire 7-8 month period. Not to mention that millsra13 reported that they only had 200 submitted for the April board that didn't happen. I find it hard to believe that 1000 applicants were able to get in applications for SNA in just May and June. But, that is just my opinion.