• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
Six months, unless there is a major change to the package, iirc.

EDIT: Sniped by GreenLantern.

Lucy

Resubmit time is 6 months, unless you have significant changes, which include a GPA increase of .1 or more, new LOR, new interview, finished a MA/MS, and a couple other misc things that add to a big change(new experience through promotion, award, project).

*And the ASTB change, which I forgot but got said by the others :-D

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
None of which matters if you're TOO OLD. :(

That being said, I'll definitely look into the waiver, but since I am non-prior, AND there's my NROTC experience, I am not thinking that's going to be a yes.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Ugh, should have gotten the PRK a year ago so I could apply Pilot AND NFO.

I didn't get it because I wanted to hear back from a board and get a FS right away. Then every time I think I will get the surgery they announce another board that inevitably gets cancelled at the last second.

GreenLantern330

Now that I'm back in town, I'll be heading to my OR tomorrow.. was already planning on going by tomorrow to drop off the documents I had to head out of town to get for medical stuff... I guess I'll see what he has to say and I'll ask him what I'm about to ask here, but since I'm a rather impatient person, I figured I'd ask in case anyone here has any clues about this... Let's say by some grace of God that I get picked up in August for BDCP Supply.... I know.. I'm really stretchin' it here with the way things have been going... would that mean my OCS date would be for FY12 or FY13? I vaguely remember my OR saying something about anyone selected in August wouldn't ship till at least Jan 2013, but that was a couple of weeks ago and I forget the specifics..

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Now that I'm back in town, I'll be heading to my OR tomorrow.. was already planning on going by tomorrow to drop off the documents I had to head out of town to get for medical stuff... I guess I'll see what he has to say and I'll ask him what I'm about to ask here, but since I'm a rather impatient person, I figured I'd ask in case anyone here has any clues about this... Let's say by some grace of God that I get picked up in August for BDCP Supply.... I know.. I'm really stretchin' it here with the way things have been going... would that mean my OCS date would be for FY12 or FY13? I vaguely remember my OR saying something about anyone selected in August wouldn't ship till at least Jan 2013, but that was a couple of weeks ago and I forget the specifics..

Maybe it was FY 13? Jan 2013 seems a bit rough for getting selected in FY2011. I guess we will see what happens.

GreenLantern330

Maybe it was FY 13? Jan 2013 seems a bit rough for getting selected in FY2011. I guess we will see what happens.

Yeah, for some reason I think he said FY13 and I'm just mixing up actual ship dates with FY. Someone else answered my question earlier about when the first FY13 dates would be with July 2012. Oh well, can't wait to hear what my OR has to say tomorrow...

attakmint

My OR was estimating that the next NFO board would be in June 2012, which would mean I'd start bumping into age issues (I turn 25 in about a month, so I'd be early to mid 26 when I start OCS assuming I get past the theoretical June 2012 board.)

Just a reminder, AF's age limit is 28.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Hey guys, although I haven't talked to the OCS manager in a few days, I would have to say that the OR's have their facts straight for once. The quotas were updated on our computer system again and it said NFO only had like 35 slots and they already had 47 filled(yes you read that right). Pilot went down to 206 with 80 something filled, but if they select all of FY-12s SNAs at this board that would actually work out better for us applying for pilot. Supply still had about the same slots (around 60). The Navy is cutting back like crazy right now on both enlisted and the officer side, they are getting rid of 7,000 enlisted sailors in November just because they have too many in certain rates. On a positive note-those who are able to stay in and make it into the Navy will probably be safe for a while. It seems like big Navy has too many people and has to get rid of them, and then they cut too many people and have to give out bonuses and promote quicker to keep people. It usually ebbs and flows with the economy.

ericchan

Intel/IW are closed for FY12

Hi everyone, im new to this board...but have been following you all for a while. I have been working on this since Sept. of last year for a spot with Intel and IW. Unfortunately I have received the same info that Lucy has regarding the closing of the August 2011 boards. My recruiter mentioned that Intel/IW are closed for FY 2012 as well - I was wondering if any of you know whether or not that means boards will not be occurring from Oct. 1st 2011-Sept. 30th 2012 OR if people are just not going to attend OCS in those communities for the respective dates? Any info would help.

e

croakerfish

pilot
Pilot went down to 206 with 80 something filled, but if they select all of FY-12s SNAs at this board that would actually work out better for us applying for pilot.

Is that 126 slots for OCS or will BDCP, ROTC etc be taking some of those?

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
My recruiter mentioned that Intel/IW are closed for FY 2012 as well - I was wondering if any of you know whether or not that means boards will not be occurring from Oct. 1st 2011-Sept. 30th 2012 OR if people are just not going to attend OCS in those communities for the respective dates?

Recruitment for a certain FY occurs in the FY prior to it. So right now we're about to head into FY12 OCS dates, but the boards to select candidates for it occurred in FY11. FY12 recruitment being done means the boards from Oct 2010 - Sep 2011 have filled all the candidates they need (outside of apparently SNA/Supply). FY13 boards will start October 2011.

Lucy

Ericchan- FY12 OCS dates are from July 2011 to June2012, so FY12 being closed means that no one is going to be selected to go to OCS in those time frames.

Traditionally a fall board (around November usually) in 2011 would begin selecting for early FY13, and a spring board (around March) would select for the end of FY13. FY13 as far as OCS goes would be people going to OCS between July 2012 to June 2013. So selections should pickup sometime between Oct-March but quotas are likely to be short if FY12 has rollovers.

Hope that made sense.
Lucy