• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Attrition Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ip568 said:
Per this week's "Navy Times," a bunch of new NAs was just sent directly to the Reserves (2 years active Reserves, 6 years drilling Reserves)

Yes, but many of these people volunteered vice being "voluntold." I don't know if I'd consider that a form of attrition. Career change, maybe.

Mcaf

Fly Navy said:
Like some others have touched on, don't read too much into attrition rate. Most of it is historically DOR and NPQ (though... with the new higher standards... that may change).

Just work hard and it will all work out for you. Right??

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
Mcaf said:
Just work hard and it will all work out for you. Right??
Absolutely, if I can make it out of there unscathed anyone can. It's just a matter of how bad you want it and what your willing to sacrifice for it. Listen to your instructors most of them have good study techniques. Study and chair fly w/ a friend because a lot of times they will bring up things you missed in class or thought was insignificant. These are some of the things that got me through P-cola and Randolph. Hope it helps!

kwarner04

Any ideas on why the NFO rate is higher than the NA rate? I figured it'd be the other way around, but then again, what do I know? I'm still in college.

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
robv182 said:
Chris was right, if he could make it through, ANYONE can. "Worst class leader ever"

YOU BASTARD! HA!

I'll take care of you on the B-BALL COURT!

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
kwarner04 said:
Any ideas on why the NFO rate is higher than the NA rate? I figured it'd be the other way around, but then again, what do I know? I'm still in college.

A few contributing factors (again, just guesses, but logical..)

1- NFOs have fewer VTs, fewer studs. So even a slight, insignificant variation gets exaggerated in the overall attrition rate.

2- Some of it's mental. A lot of pilots get over airsickness when they're flying the plane... you don't have that to fall back on. Shouldn't really be a problem, but some folks get that mental block.

Others just have an attitude problem-- wannabe pilots with a case of sour grapes who never try. Not a whole lot, but I knew one or two, and instructors smell that out.

3- The Air Force doesn't help ;) Again, just a guess... but the AF has the ridiculous idea of guaranteeing you jets vice panel nav before you've set foot in the plane. There's simply no option for an AF guy who struggles to say "Hey, maybe you should go RC-135s... B-1s/F-15s might be out of your league", which would save them from attrition. Marines have the same problem. If you can't hack TACAIR, you're gone. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.