• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Attrition is the mission?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
/P3 threadjack

I concur, alot of what is important, especially when you get to the stage where you are signing for the plane, deals with knowing WHY you (or the FE) is flipping a switch for a certain procedure. Verbatim EPs are all well and good, but somewhere along the line, systems knowledge wise, you need to know the ramifications and rationale.

When I was at 31, the worst IPs were the AF pilots that asked ad nasuem questions out of the AIM/FAR. It all goes in cycles, but I don't think you can describe a community based on the sampling of IPs you find in the training commands. Basically why I took exception to the P3 Nazi quizzing comment you made. Since (and here I go stereotyping) a majority of those former P3 drivers in the training command are getting out, bitter from their first tour and the DH screening numbers. Brand new CAT I pilots at VP30 mentioned numerous times that they were amazed to finally find ppl talking positively about the community as a whole, and proactive in helping them through the FRS. While there is definitely some kool aid there, quite a few pilots/NFOs that go to the 30 get out, go customs and other non traditional career paths.... there still is pride in the community, and excellent training going on.

And while you, I and the rest of the winged bubbas can read between the lines on those comments trashing others communities, a majority of the bubbas heading to the pipeline (or in it) can't... and then my community gets a bad rap... just so you know where I am coming from.

John

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Do people REALLY ask gay questions like that? If someone did that in one of my squadrons, we would have thrown them overboard.

We had a guy like that at VAW-120 when I was an IP. I asked him once why he asked such useless questions. His answer "You should know everything, every...thing about this aircraft, it may save your life one day."

The ridiculous useless knowledge base at VAW-120 hasn't changed much over the years. When I was a student, I was asked all sorts of questions that were quite useless. If you can't do anything about it, ie in an emergency, it is useless info. An example might be what do the 5 cams do on the alpha cam? Whether I knew them or not, the info would never be helpful to me in any situation while flying, taxiing, etc.

Nose

pilot
The only time it is ok to ask stupid questions like that is if it is part of a beer bet.